Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi everyone,

Having an okay day still feeling icky. This is a bad TOM for some reason. Oh well, it should be better in a day or so. I am planning on going to the water park on Sunday so it better be better by then. lol. Did some light house cleaning today and baked 3 doz. oatmeal/molasses/raisin cookies for DH cookie jar. Whew. That was a chore but it is done now and he will be thrilled. I sent a resume to a Part time office manager position for a Catholic School. I am not Catholic anymore but I am a Christian and that is all the ad said you need to be is: available for Christian leadership. I think I can do it. lol. While I was out mailing my resume because I missed the mail that comes to my house, I bought myself a sugar free, non fat Mocha Big Train with sugar free carmel in it. I brought it home and put in a scoop of protein powder to make it worth something to me besides feeding my tasted buds. Still not feeling like eating much and haven't actually eaten anything today except a.m. protein shake and now this treat with protein in it. Hopefully by dinner something healthy will sound appealing. I do have a bar b q chicken breast in the frig I can eat. Dh is working late tonight until like 10:30 so he won't be home until around 11:00 p.m.

Catherine: Thank you for the understanding. I am going to make you think I'm crazy because you are beautiful inside and out!!! Thank you for the information on the will also.

Julia: Wow, you did great at the pool! I'm impressed.

Bumble: I just want to tell you hun, I am 42 and was waiting and waiting to try to get pregnant and couldn't because I was too obese at 510 pounds and now my DH of 23 years is not wanting a child and actually I'm not so sure I want any either so, if you think that you are wanting to be a mamma, don't wait like I did! Time goes by quicker than you think hun.

Sara: Great job on getting to your first goal!

Sharon: Thanks sweetie. I hope you got to take a nap today.

Carol: I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time right now. I wish I could give you some prodding and urgency that you seem to want and need to get you back to the pool and to your normal routine. Nothing scares us worse in our personal battle with this weight loss/health thing than how easy it is to put the hard fought pounds back on. Hugs to you and know that we are all feeling the same way.

Rat: The Gourmet Tasting party was fun. I am very glad I went even though I was feeling icky. I tasted a lot of dips just a tiny bit and I didn't taste anything sweet except the keylime cream cheese ball. It was very good. I ordered some cheese dip mix and a almond pound cake mix. I think I am too much of a tight wad to pay those high prices for much else. I feel like I am a good enough cook and I know spices well enough to incorp. them together to make some of those combinations for a fraction of the cost they are charging. One little pound cake mix was $6.00. and the cheese dip mix for 2 cups worth of dip was $6.00. I just ordered to be nice to the hostess. lol. I did enjoy my time out though with other people instead of me staying home talking to my fur babies. They try to talk back but... I just can't seem to get what they are saying some times. lol.

Debi: I think it is so sweet that your DH wanted to purchase a gift from his heart. I would be thrilled if my Dad picked out something for me that he chose himself. My dad often buys we jewelry just from him usually earrings and I treasure them so much. Have fun with all the bikers. I have been on tons of motorcycle runs when we were in the motorcycle ministry "Reborn Riders". It was fun and growing up on horses (4 legged kind) it was a trip to be around all the motorcycle guys.

Penny: Feel better soon

Battle: Hi there. We will be here when every you are ready to come back. Hugs.

Debbie: Dogone geography! I wish we lived closer so much so we could hang out. Can't you move to Coer d Alene? My DH won't move anywhere else so I'm stuck here but you could talk your DH into moving here can't you? Your mom and dad too! I have lots of clothes I could share with you back and forth. I think we are around the same size and I am only 1/2" taller than you so that will work too. You could come to the water park with me, bike riding, walking, swimming, fishing..... Okay you get the point I think. Hugs.

Julee: Have fun on your trip. I hope your Dr. is supportive of your decision when you see her next month.

Walrus if you are lurking I would love to know how you are doing. We would love to have you back hun. Brandnewme, Nancy, Sandy, Val, All of our missing chickies, come on back. I miss you much.

Well, I have flapped my lips or uh fingers long enough now. lol. Hope you are all doing well, drinking water, staying op and moving your bodies.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 07-17-2008, 06:43 PM   #77  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I DID IT!

A total 30 lbs RELEASED!

Next mini goal is the extra 2 lbs that will make my first 10% gone!

Thank you everyone you are all inspirational and have helped me thus far!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:35 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ratkitten -- Oh no, don't post your email!!! Internet bots scour the 'net and scoop up email addresses! This is why we recommend people not post their email addresses online in their entirety. I altered it (wrote out at and dot) but it's been there almost 12 hours and I'm afraid it's too late. I hope you don't get spammed!

But a gentle reminder to everyone -- don't post your full email! If you feel you must, disguise it. Type out the @ as "at" for instance, so you don't get spammed to death!

Last edited by Heather; 07-17-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:22 PM   #79  
Johnnie

S/C/G: 390/291.8/??

Height: 5'1"

Julia on your 30 lb release!!

Carol for you -

Sympathy to all of you ladies having a rough TOM....seems to be rampant around the board....hope you all are better soon.

Wishing everyone a good evening.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:45 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi ladies,

Well, today seemed to be a binge day. I got hit by TOM (an evil version it seems) and a sinus infection. That, plus my boss saying "I know you are busy, but I think I am going to have to load you down a bit more". So, I ate. I ate a whole container of Pepperidge Farm cookies, and THEN a bag of mini-Reese's peanut butter cups. I have totaled about 3500 calories today....ugh. I did it knowingly, shame on me. But, I am back on the wagon now.

Carol - you will get yourself back into this. Maybe you need a mini-break, take a breather.

Annie - just want to say again, you are goregous. I hope you get the job you want.

Julia - good job on the 30 pounds

Catherine - THanks for the kick in the pants to start planning for the inevitable. Also, reading the amount of writing, yes, it's crazy. But, there are figures within the documents (chromatograms, electropherograms, regression plots, etc). So, that helps. But, the documents are extremely important, as they are all going to the agency. I will be working on polishing them some this weekend, and then on to more.

Debbie/Rat - hi guys

That's it for me now.

Angie
Old 07-17-2008, 08:46 PM   #81  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I just don't seem to be able to get caught up this week. Usually even when I don't have time for personals I drop in and read. This week I've only skimmed. The canning is done (I went back for another 30-lb pail of sour cherries) but the garden needs some serious attention. This wouldn't be such a big deal but it's quite hot and we're having company on Saturday night.

So just waving hello as I pass through and hope everyone is having a good week.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #82  

Ack ProfHeather!!! I didn't know about the scouring thing. Good thing I have a spam filters on. I have trouble with foreign ips stealing my domain and spamming other people. I get the bouncebacks in my mailbox. .. ugh.

Thanks for the heads up!

Luv,
Rat
Old 07-17-2008, 10:32 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Julia - WOOHOO on the 30 pounds released. Great job!

Angie - as always - great to see you.

Thank you all for the kind words and support. I've always believed simple pleasures are the best (for me). With the turmoil the past weeks I haven't been to the grocery store - not even a can of vegetables in the house. So tonight I headed to Sams and came home a new woman - one with fish, chicken and lots of veggies in the freezer along with a box of Luna bars and a special treat of skinny cows. Oh and I also bought the Hungry Girl cookbook. The best thing I came home with though was free - a new attitude.

You all have been so sweet and helpful - thank you!

Battle - I'm coming after you - can't wait until I have 6 days OP. How's things?

Catherine - thanks for the nudge - your spot is reserved in the pool. The legal information you provided is also much appreciated - I need to really address that - being a childless step-parent presents unusual challenges I am told. When will himself be back?

Angels - interesting way to look at the week - better 20 of 21 rather than 2 - which is what can happen so easily - I'll start Monday - thanks for the new way of looking at it.

Rat - I think you win the prize for "release" - I love it! I have used it enough it is coming out of my mouth naturally rather than "lost/lose" - I look at it as if I have "lost" something I might always find i again. Your comments about posting made perfect sense to me - accountability for me is something I take seriously - posting here helps keep me accountable to myself (via all of you).

Annie - I miss them all too - let's send thoughtwaves out there and see if we can bring them out or lurkdom. I echo what Johnnie said of your natural beauty - inside and out. Big hugs to you my friend.

Debbie - my zucchini are finally blooming after I got them in the ground from the pots I had planned to keep them in so Gracie didn't eat them - I miss having a big garden but Gracie things it is her personal veggie buffet so until she figures out they are not just for her we'll have to do most of the veggies in containers - she even like purple zinnia blooms.

I've missed lots of you - my hugs to everyone.

Carol
Old 07-17-2008, 11:42 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Julee, have fun on your trip. Hope hubby gets better.

Penny, the flooding and pain is all gone. Hope yours is doing better today too. Boy, what a relief!!

Annie, the drink you bought sounds really good. I bet it was so tasty. I hope you get the job. I think it would be so rewarding to do something like that.
I would so love to be closer to you so we could hang out. I think it would be so much fun and these darn mountains are standing in our way!!! But we can still dream about all the fun we would have. Who knows, it could happen some day.

Julia, congrats and big hugs!!!

Angie, ok, didn't even know what those things are that you mentioned...LOL. It's beyond me!! Don't worry about the little binge, you're back in it now. Keep on going!!

Anne,

Carol, I would love to see your crazy Gracie in the middle of the garden just piggin' out!! She sounds like one funny dog. I hope you get lots of zucchini. Sounds like you've got a new attitude. I knew you could do it.

Shopping went well. I got myself a pair of size 22 jeans. I still can't believe I fit in them. I first got a 24, and the waist was just too big, so I tried the 22s and they fit really nice. I'm still not used to the tightness of them, but my Mom said they looked really good. I also came home and ordered two tops which I just loved and wanted so bad. I love pretty clothes. It was so awesome to be in a regular store, even though it was KMart, and actually be upset because they didn't have a shirt I liked in my size which was SMALLER than the sizes they had left. Wow! That was a first.
So many of the tops that I find in stores are so short. What's up with that??? Even the sleeves on them are really short. With my batwings I need something that comes down a bit farther to cover the tummy and the wings.
have a great night
Debbie
Old 07-18-2008, 07:01 AM   #85  

Height: 5'7"

debbie_ I know what your talking about the tops being short. I hate it! I am really long waisted and so many tops are just to short. r. Most of the time I get bigger one because I need the length. I have to try and hide the lower tummy.

realist_ I dont know what up with TOM hitting so many of us at the same time and playing so ugly this month. Ihave read some that TOM might be more likely to leave early after large weight loss. I cant wait to lose the rest of my weight and maybe have tom go away with it!!

anne_ im going blackberry picking this afternoon.Im excited!! I just have to keep reminding myself the berries go in the bucket not in my mouth.LOL

I am up at 5 like normal but sure feel like I slept in today. Went to bed early and the roar of all the motorcycles must have put me to sleep.Hubby has request his breakfast before i go out yardsaling today. THere are alot of sales in town because of the Rally being here.IM hoping to get some good deals. I have to then come home and change and go blackberrie picking and then clean my house. I dont do as good when I dont have the little ones ...i find more fun stuff to do than clean house.LOL
Daughter is coming home tonight and we are making a diaper cake for a friend of hers who is having twins. I will post pictures.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hugs to all!!
debi
Old 07-18-2008, 07:30 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Debbie, yep, tops are short in the UK too, WHY??? I need long-ish short-sleeves, lol, to cover my saggy upper arms as well. Even in really big sizes the tops are short or knee-length; which I think ISN'T a flattering look, I need a long top to cover my 'baby pouch' tummy, ideally to the top of my legs. I often buy men's tee-shirts as they are long but not so pretty, lol! WTG on the 22's! Is it a shame those tops didn't fit you? Hey at least you are getting a 'regular size' that's all most of us dream about, getting out of those 20+ somethings, not long till you will be in the 'teens'.xxxxxx
Annie, enjoy the water park.xxxxxx
Carol, glad you are feeling 'right' now, it is hard when we get in a 'slump' & it's great that 3fc is the place to be when you need support, lol!xxxxxx
Johnnie WTG on 99lbs down!!! WOOHOOO!!!! I bet you've noticed such a difference in your energy levels & mobility!xxxxxxx
Well I weighed in, down 2lbs, not that pleased as it is my first week OP and I expected better. Trying to be positive though, ANY loss is GOOD!! Still not heard about the shop job & I applied to be a court usher!! It sounds so interesting and they train you up to do everything but I'm trying not to get excited unless I get called for interview.
Okay, I have to eat & drink something so see ya all later!xxxxxx
xxxxsharon
ps can someone tell me what these protein shakes are, what's in them & where to get them please?

Last edited by voodoo1; 07-18-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:37 AM   #87  
Buzzing toward victory!

S/C/G: 328/294/145

Height: 5'1"

Default TGIF - I need some strength!!

Hi All!

Just popping in for a sec before I jump on my exercise bike and get the day started. I need some strength today, if anybody has any to spare. We have yet another birthday at work today, and I'll be faced with the dreaded birthday cake for the 4th time this month...and we still have 2 more birthdays to go. I'm all for being good, but will power only goes so far, dang it! And the bad thing is people are PUSHY. It's like if you don't eat a piece of cake they get all bent out of shape and personally offended. So if you see something on the news about some crazy white woman in N.TX beats coworker with birthday cake, just snicker quietly and ignore it. It's just me venting my frustrations!

And to top it off, my weight for some reason today is up 1.4 lbs. Not sure where that came from. I worked out a little with some hand weights after I rode my bike Wednesday, so I was hoping that it was 1.4 lbs of muscle, but that was Wednesday....grrr!!!

Well, enough rambling. I'll post back later this evening when I have more time. Right now I gotta go sweat. I hope everybody has a wonderful OP Friday...wish me luck!

Hugs and blessings!!

M'Chelle
Old 07-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #88  

G'morning all!

Man, I didn't wanna get up this morning. TOM makes me very tired. I even went to bed earlier. He's been plaguing all of us at nearly the same time this month!!

Annie, I am a cookie monster and I think you are doing fabulous to make DH's cookies for his jar. I'd be drooling, but those aren't my favorite cookies. If you make crunchy peanut butter ones, I'd be knocking on your door. I'm a tightwad too and will only buy stuff from those parties if I'm friends with the hostess. My fuzzies always say "pet me! Gimme treats! Gimme your Food!" Goldens are so easy to interpret hehe.

w00000h00000000000 Julia! Yay on your 30 lbs released. You will get to your 10% in a flash

Realist, I'd have eaten all the same stuff you did (reeses and those cookies) if I had access to a car while at work. I ride my bicycle to work and there's nothing close that sells those. THEN, when I have those cravings at home, I'd have to uncover my car in the driveway. It's covered so the birdies don't ruin the paint by p00ping on it (they are evil birds!). This TOM, I ate my grape fruit juice bars.

Wavies at busy Anne ~~~~~. I might have to take a flight to Canada if you make cherry preserves! I love them things. Good thing you don't live close.

GGG, w00h00 on your successful shopping trip! I have to go to the store this weekend. I'm lazy and don't go to the store during the week because that means I have to uncover the car and then re-cover it after I get home. I'm Lazy!!! hehe.

Debbie, I thought you weren't gonna get clothes when you went out with your Mama? hehe.. just teasing. I think tis fabbo you found pants that fit you!! w00h00! Oh, I agree about the short shirts. What's up with that?? The only time I wear no-sleeve shirts are when I'm riding my bicycle. I want my batwings to have a little color. Don't want anyone to think I'm waving white flags around when I wave. hehehe.

debi, watch out for those pricklies in the blackberries!! Have a great time and don't get overheated out there. The diaper cake is a cute idea.

Sharon, 2 lbs down is fabbo!! You get poked with the cattle prod for thinking that is less than a perfect OP loss. hehe. Good luck on the usher job in the courts!!

Bumblebee, yay for jumping on the exercise bike!! My work used to bundle all the bdays up into one day and get one cake. Lately, most people are ignoring bdays and no cakes have been brought in (yay!). Mostly because everyone is trying to eat healthy. Don't worry about the 1.4... your efforts will show it shortly, I swear! It takes 2 weeks for everything I am doing today to show up (including if I eat badly).

I'm gonna be late for work if I don't move it!

Hugs and Luv,
Ratkity
Old 07-18-2008, 10:17 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello!

Julia-YEAH! 30 lbs.

Debbie-It sounds like the shopping trip went well. Good for you smaller pants!!

dgramie-Blackberry picking sounds cool! My hubby loves those, it is way to hard to find any around here. I think people have them hidden and then no one wants to sell any.

Johnnie-YEAH! 99 released!

Sharon-2 lbs is GREAT! Hope you hear something about the job soon! I use the Ultramet shakes for my protein. They come in Chocolate, Strawberry, Banana, and Vanilla. But there are many out there just check at your health food store. They have a large variety and flavors!

Bumblebee-hope you got a good sweat in on the bike. Don't worry about the 1.4 as it will go away, you are doing awesome! Sorry I don't have any suggestions on avoiding the b'day cake.

Ratkitten-Have a good day at work!

Carol-How ya doing today?

Well, I up and not too happy that daughter didn't take the trash out last night. I hope they didn't come already this morning. I didn't hear them but that doesn't mean anything. I am getting old. Not sure how late she was up but is still sleeping in. I should go get her up! Naw, it is nice and quiet right now, now drama or attitudes going on. I am letting them all sleep! Yes I know the morning is slipping away, but ya know, somedays it is just easier. Last night I was feeling like I really need a vacation! You know the kind you just want to escape from everyone and everything going on! I called sister and she is willing to go with me to! That would be fun! Well, I better really get moving so family has laundry. I gotta move and drink water, right Carol!!!
Later, Penny
Old 07-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #90  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I've got one more day before he comes home. I'm almost done with my spring cleaning. He'd better not come home and make a mess. I'm just trying to get everything organized before starting classes in the fall. I'm going to try to take an extra class this time, on campus. One step at a time. I'm kind of old to be a schoolgirl, but having had a head injury, I have to do something to keep my mind active because I will be at an increased risk for dementia. I actually put turmeric in my protein shakes. In countries where they eat a lot of turmeric (like in curry), they just have practically no Alzheimer's disease. It's also a natural anti-inflammatory, and I can really tell the difference in my back when I haven't had enough. So I'm off to wash walls.
Closed Thread