Old 07-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #1  
The Keymaker

S/C/G: 328/250/160

Height: 5'7

Talking Just like a good bra, let's support each other!

Hello 3FC members! I would like to re-introduce myself. I'm not totally new to 3FC, but I've been away for awhile. I am currently at my highest weight ever, 311 and I am determined to shrink down to my ideal 160 with hard work, exercise, monitored nutrition, and lots of support!

Everytime I come back to this website I am overwhelmed by the amount of advice and support. I swear that it makes the members stronger when you participate and keep coming back.

My personal journey with weight has been like many others, very roller coaster like. A few years ago I lost around 40 pounds with good old-fashioned exercising and eating healthy. Since then it has crept back on as well as new weight. I tried Fat Smash diet a few times, but I think that program is not designed for someone with so much extra weight, back problems, etc.

I would love to hear from all of you, especially fellow "newbies", members starting again, and anyone looking to give/receive support!
Jess8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:22 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Welcome back and I wish you success!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #3  

Thumbs up my name is angie

Im new as of today. I believe that support is a must in any long term weightloss program. I currently weigh 235 and im only 5 ft. My goal is 150 for now. My motto is now eat less move more. I look forward to getting to know you.
crazymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #4  
The Keymaker

Wink Let's go girls!

Hi Angie & SoulBliss, thanks for responding!

Angie, I like your motto. It's simple and straight to the point. Congrats on starting your journey!

I think that my goal today is going to be split up things on my "To Do List" into manageable tasks. I tend to get overwhelmed when I bunch everything up together. Everything seems so huge and daunting that way. I have issues with my back due to the weight, so if I just say to myself that I'm going to spend 10 minutes cleaning the kitchen, rest a bit, then do another 10 minutes...it makes it seems easier. It's the best of both worlds, I get in some exercise AND my house get's clean!

Let's keep each other posted on our daily progress!

Jess
Old 07-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #5  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Hello!

Im new too, as I only joined a couple days ago!

I started my diet a couple of weeks ago and have since found this place

Im another that lost weight and put it back on. I was down to 279, then had a baby 8 months ago. Since that Ive put so much weight on But Im determined to get it all off and more again. And not to put it back on again!

My scales work in kg, so first I want to get down to 300lbs (not far to go ), then pre-baby weight then my next goal is 100kg which is 220lbs. Just taking it a day at a time.
SuomiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #6  
The Keymaker

Thumbs up Welcome!

Hi Sara! Wow, Finland. That's cool. Bet you have a cool music scene there.
Looking at your stats, I see that you already lost 10 pounds. That is awesome!

You are already off to an amazing start! I can't wait to see that number go down on my scale. One of my favorite things to do is update my ticker stats after a loss. What program are you doing?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

welcome to all
please feel free to join us on the weekly thread
debi
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:15 AM   #8  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Jess you make a good point. I have a a friend and her daily goals are "clean apartment" "work on finances" and "work on fitness and weight" but she doesn't break them down into the smaller parts and try to take things step by step..then when she doesn't meet her goals she gets frustrated and is back at square one.

Start with something relatively simple...buy a water bottle that is 32 oz. or so. Then fill it up and commit to drinking at least 1 if not 2 a day. So many people try to start out on day 1 eating perfectly, working out at maximum capacity, drinking gallons of water and doing everything just right...they either burn out after a day or the first time they hit a snag and go off track they quit altogether and lose motivation.

Sara...If I may ask....what did your doctor say about you getting pregnant at 279 lbs? Was it a high-risk pregnancy? Did you have complications? My husband and I are talking very seriously about trying to get pregnant and I am scared because of my weight...but I also know that I cannot lose enough weight fast enough to please everyone and the longer I wait to get pregnant the more difficult it gets (potentially). I'm 35 now and don't want to wait until I am 40 to start trying.

And as DG said...come join us on the weekly thread!!

~Julee
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/297/160

Height: 5'6

Sara...I would also be very interested in how your pregnancy was...my husband and I are going to start trying in a couple of months...I know I will not be at my ideal weight but I feel really good and really in shape and I am just really ready.
KellyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:34 AM   #10  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Big hugs and Welcome to ya Jess... The 300+ thread is awesome

Julee & Kelly - FYI just did a quick check in my notebooks and my pregnacy weights were for DS in 2000 start 283lbs end 285. I went down to my lowest half way thru to 273. I was not trying to lose weight it just happened. The only concern was in my last 2 weeks my blood pressure started to tip toe higher so I went in every other day for bp test.
Was preg with DD. Start was 268 lbs.and I went up to 280by April 2003 by birth in July was back to 275. Drs. were not concerned with the fluctuations in lbs. Just watched bp very carfully. As for delivery. It is much easier when fit. I did notice a difference between my ability to cope than those who were more physically fit. But fitness is something that you can continue to work on while pregnant. Hope this helps.

Last edited by JuliaDH; 07-09-2008 at 12:36 AM.
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 330/297/160

Height: 5'6

Thanks Julia!! That is helpful information and encouraging....I am going to keep eating health and working out and taking prenatals. I might have other questions along the way if you don't mind
KellyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:39 AM   #12  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Thanks Jess, . Im actually British but my husband is Finnish so I moved here about 8 years ago. Its a beautiful place!

Im calorie counting. I found it works much better as I can eat what I want without feeling bad. So if I really wanted some chocolate I can have it without feeling bad and feeling like Ive cheated or let myself down. Im looking forward to having a ticker but I have to wait a month first

My pregnancy was really easy. I think because my body is used to carrying extra weight I didnt have any of the usual problems such as backache or swollen ankles. My blood pressure is low and that just went to normal figures while pregnant.

I was monitored for gestational diabetes though,but its fairly easy to keep in check with a good diet, plenty of fresh foods, gentle exercise and not too many treats! My blood sugar did go up slightly from 37 weeks and at a 38 week scan they decided it was best to induce me as they thought the baby was getting big.

I went in the next morning and J was born the same evening weighing 8.5lbs so an average sized baby. I didnt need any help with the labour and the 2nd stage was only 20 minutes.

I only encounted 1 horrible doctor who was quite rude. She was rough doing a scan and kept banging on about overweight mothers generally needing c-sections then having problems with infections etc. The other doctors, midwives and nurses I saw were all lovely.

Personally I would say if you are healthy and quite fit then you shouldnt have too many problems. Ive had a few thin friends have babies recently and they have ended up with emergency c-sections through birth complications. Dont let your size hold you back!

Feel free to ask anything you want on the baby stuff, Im quite happy to answer anything!
SuomiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:18 AM   #13  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Totally agreement with Sara!
JuliaDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #14  
The Keymaker

Smile True!

Hi Debi! Thanks for stopping by to show your support!

Julee, you make some great points as well. I think we all try so hard in the beginning and we take on too much of a change. What I've noticed so far is that if I just adjust my way of thinking, all of this doesn't seem as hard as we make it out to be. What I am concentrating on now is making little tiny goals and after each one is accomplished, I say congrats to myself. Take pride in your success, no matter how small.

Yesterday, I set the timer on my stove for 10 minutes. That was the amount of time I set as my goal to clean. (Again, I have to start small because I have bad back pain) I cleaned for 10 minutes and then when the timer went off, I just kept on cleaning. I got so much work done yesterday and I'm tremendously proud of my efforts.

Let's keep the ideas rolling ladies!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #15  
The Keymaker

Thumbs up Next up

Sorry, I didn't want to address everyone in one post, so here's my next one!

Welcome to KellyLou
Thanks for the warm welcome Julia, hugs right back at ya!
I totally agree that the 300+ forum is wonderful.

Sara, your calorie counting sounds like it's working for ya. I wasn't aware that you had to wait a month for a ticker. Just track your own status now so that you can have that much more fun when you get a ticker. Does anyone know why they make you wait? Seems silly to me.