3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Weekly Thread #1157 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/141635-300-weekly-thread-1157-a.html)

DMPLS 05-08-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xena2005 (Post 2192589)
There is just something about going to work that is and has been triggering me for a very long time and it's a cycle I have not been able to break for a long time. I get to work and I start feeling anxious and soon the bad eating starts and then it's a downward spiral. Sometimes the anxiety is truly due to lots of pressure but other times it is not. Like now we are less busy than we have been for the first part of the year and yet I still get the anxiety sometimes. I need to get to the bottom of it if I ever hope to get out of this cycle!!!!

I know with me at work I HAVE to bring all the food that I need to eat.....someone mentioned bringing snacks & food for the week and putting it in my fridge at work....I just make sure I have healthy to snack on....this way I'm not over indulging on bad choices. This has helped my snacking alot at work.....also a LARGE jug of water that I keep filled.......when I start to look for food.......I drink first. Where I work there is food EVERYWHERE.....we have tons of snacks & things to cook (we teach living skills to our students) So I could grab something quickly if I am not careful!

Yes peeps!!! I was pumped all day long!!! called my son & his fiance to thank them both....she is so sweet! she said ohhh no that was totally all him! He told her what he wanted to do and said he wanted me to get it at work.....then she said when he read her what he wrote...he thought he might change it and she said no leave it.....she said that's YOU & your mom's relationship! She will love it.....and boy was she right!!! hehehee

he just called and told me that they will be coming up Sunday night around 5pm or so......for a couple of hours....he has to work the morning....

thanks for all the warm wishes about my NSV with my pants!

worthapenny 05-09-2008 08:31 AM

Good Morning!
I think it will be a beautiful day here. I am getting kids ready for school but I had to stop and check in first. Scales was up this morning so I did not like that. But I have been off of work this week and hubby says it is stress. I need to get into a routine. I am not sure how I am going to fit a "routine" into my schedule! HA! HA!

Carol- Thanks I love the idea about flylady. I glanced at it for a few minutes yesterday, but will look at it more today. The dog is well! Our youngest had her spring concert at school yesterday and then came home early with us. She forgot to lock the door behind herself and the dog jumped up on it and ran outside! So we spent a half hour going around town trying to find him to catch him. At least when we caught him, he came when we called his name! He has so much energy! We are going to take him to obedience training. It is 6 Sundays in a row. My husband is excited about it, as he will be able to go too!

Bernice- Flowers! Yeah, how exciting for you. Enjoy them. I am excited for you as it won't be long till you see your son in the service! We have been talking of going to see ours sometime this summer, we just have to figure out a date.

Catherine- Do you have all the books signed yet?

Oh, I was telling hubby about the fitflops, so he ordered me a pair and said Happy Mother's Day! I hope I will like them. Well, I gotta get the girls moving. Yak later, Penny

gggirls 05-09-2008 09:16 AM

Julee - I think you should get a commission for turning us all on to fit flops - I love mine - I have the black patent but may get another pair too!

dolfingirl2000 05-09-2008 09:54 AM

Hi Everybody~~:wave:

Just a quick hello to let you all know that I'm still alive and kicking. I've just been busy the last few days so I couldn't come by to say hi. :) I'm doing well with my eating but still can't get to the gym. :( Even the 15 minutes I spent here trying to catch up makes me feel guilty for not working out. I'm happy though because my weight is still going down and I've been able to pretty much stay on plan. Except for the pretzel sticks I ate, but I'm still going down so it's all good. :) Okay, I have to go, but I wanted you all to know that I'm thinking of you and rooting for you.

Catherine--when is your book coming out? I didn't even know it was done yet. I'm so happy and excited for you.

Okay, gotta go. Have a great day and I'll try to check in later

:wave: Vicki

azcyn 05-09-2008 10:11 AM

Catherine: YES is my answer!! I work on the phones…and if I could reach through and smack someone it would sure be nice.  Also I apologize but what is the topic of your book you wrote?? I know I have seen you talk about it but I don’t remember what it is about?

Berniece: Student cussing at you?? OMG!!! Are you a teacher??or Student aide?? You must have lots of patience

Zelma: OH no about tennis elbow. Yikes!

Debbie: I so wish I could garden. In Arizona its too hot to grow anything other then cactus. LOL

Julia: WTG with the son getting on flag football! My oldest use to play that. I loved going to the games.

As for me:The family went to the Y again last night. I did 45 min on the treadmill. It was just awesome. Hubby and the kids lifted weights. The kids did the tread for a while with me saying run mom. Yeah right!! LOL I told them in time kids lol. Saturday is aerobics class in the pool!! YEAH!! It is from 8 til 9 am. I love water aerobics.

As far as eating I have been doing good. I am still not counting calories. Which I need to. BUT No soda at work!!! And actually I dont miss it. I do have one at dinner though. I have noticed though that I am having more headaches. I am sure it is from no caffine.

I am glad that it is friday! I need a serious break from work!
Toodles!!

JuleeCeeS 05-09-2008 11:41 AM

Onion rings: the trick to breading (thank you food network) is to keep a dry hand and a wet hand. Set up a one-person assembly line and go like that. If you keep your wet hand in the eggs and onions and the dry hand more on the crubms it works better.

FitFlops..I saw brown yesterday!!! Must have brown!!!

GGG...David Cook is the best...and such a good guy. Some people say he is smarmy and cocky...I don't get that. I don't dig on David A. though and the who doe-eyed innocent aw shucks little ole me thing....bleah.

Bernice....flowers...wow!! I surprised my mom last year for her birthday. She works out at a Contours Express (like Curves) across from her office and I got in touch with the manager of the gum and told her who I as and asked if I could send her flowers there. So I did and she called my mom and said to stop by after work because she had left something there the last time she was in...and there were the flowers. Yay for being in cahoots.

I have to take my car in for servicing today, wrap a birthdya gift, bake a casserole, pick up a birthday cak and someone else and go to a youth group dinner tonight. Then I have an early day (for me) tomorrow as well...yikes!

Happy Friday!!!!

Debbie54 05-09-2008 12:26 PM

Xena, sorry to hear it's such a struggle for you at work with the stress and all, to keep you OP. Hopefully things will settle down and you can get back on track.

Angie, I would stay in bed. :lol: but that's just me. If I felt as lousy as you described, that's what I would do. Maybe order in some food for hubby so he doesn't feel left out or something. Whatever you do, feel better and I hope the meds work.

Battleax, it's just beautiful in Germany. I hope you really enjoy it. I've always wanted to go to Switzerland, so I'm sorta jealous there.. :rofl: (jk) When will you be going?

Julia, not yet. They're waiting for the background and drug test. But hopefully I'll know by Monday or Tuesday.
Good luck with your oldest advancing up the academic ladder!
Congrats on the oldest making the cut!

Bernice, your son sounds like a sweetie.

Penny, ah those furbabies. What would we do without them? Can you count that as exercise running around trying to find him? :lol:

Cyn, Yep, when we lived in Perris, Ca, it was way to hot to grow alot of things. Thankfully we did have some big trees in the front for shade. Another reason I'm so glad we moved to Washington!
Sounds like you have really been keeping your nose to the grindstone and staying OP. YAY!!! That's just great that you have gotten your mojo back to keep motivated.

HI to the rest of the chickies!

Today is beautiful out. I'm going to go do my shopping, get some mushroom dirt, and plant my plants I bought yesterday. It's suppose to rain on Mother's Day, but as long as we get two good days, who cares?
I'm down to 278.2 today which is my official WI day, but I also weigh in on Sundays for the BL and BW challenges. Feels good to be dropping weight again.
have a good one!
Debbie

CatherineM 05-09-2008 01:02 PM

Worthapenny-I still haven’t gotten them yet. Now I’m told next Wednesday or Thursday. They forgot to add the UPC bar code, and are having to redo something.

Dolphin-It’s been up for pre-order about a month, and hopefully will start shipping next week. The official book launch in June 9th, but that is mostly for publicity that I don’t want, and signings. It’s kind of going to just be a party to celebrate.

Cyn-the book is about how when we are very young, and very dumb, we think we are invulnerable. It’s about me thinking it would be great sport to go up against the head of a white supremacist group by testifying against him in federal court, and his very naughty actions afterwards. It’s about my getting hurt and the slow, stubborn recovery from them.

Debbie-You’re not going to cook the mushroom dirt, are you?

I’ve had one day completely OP. I just want to lose weight for the next 3 months. Even that is too long for me to think about, so I know I can do one day. So I’m going to stay OP today, and worry about tomorrow when it comes.

dolfingirl2000 05-09-2008 01:11 PM

Catherine--you forgot one very important thing in your post...I need the title of the book. :D How can I buy a copy without that?

dgramie 05-09-2008 02:21 PM

My day is CRAZY!! KIds are wild , hubby is cranky, LOL
Prom is tommorow. All the kids will be home at some point over the weekend.I guess they are not kids anymore..24,22,18.LOL well they are still my babies!!]
Its another yucky dreary day here. Hubby wants to go to the greenhouse as soon as the little ones leave and me pick out my flowers for mothers day. Its kinda a tradition for him to buy me all my bedding plants. I have started so many from seeds this year. I do want 4 baskets of purple petunia.I am going to check out the price and i may just buy the plants and make my own.

What is gas price in yall area? we hit 375 today...it is getting sickening.!!
hope everyone is having a great day

Realist 05-09-2008 02:29 PM

Hi all,

I have not been an over-achiever today....at all. I will get the laundry done, and the kitchen cleaned, possibly go get a haircut. Not much more than that. Oh well, apparently I needed an off day. I snuck a peak at the scale this morning and it said 349.0. Woohoo. I will be diligent this weekend and make sure I don't go over 2K calories, and hopefully I won't gain any. We are doing a lot of yard work this weekend, so maybe I can lose another pound? Yep, I am getting greedy. So far, the 2K calories hasn't been too hard for me, as long as I plan. Must plan plan plan.

With that being said, I am going to watch the Cubs game and make sure every commercial I get up and clean, do laundry, etc.

Have a great day all!

Angie

DMPLS 05-09-2008 04:11 PM

Cyn- the kind of cussing is not really "AT" me......he is autistic and watches way too much TV.....although he does use the inappropriate language when he is mad/or upset with a situation.....he is just trying to trigger you into an arguement.....when we choose to ignore the behavior he quites down usually.....I am an Instructional Assistant for an FMD classroom (multiple special need students) If I let everything kids say in this classroom effect me.........I couldn't do my job! I guess I need to pray that with my weight loss I don't lose my tough skin! LOL

Well today was fun even though we had drizzle and overcasted skies.....all day......our picnic turned out nice! I would say there were at least 200 people there! only a couple minor mishaps......one being soiled pants (muddy) and another was one student loves water (no to get wet in, but to throw things in) He decided one of the bigger high school girls needed to be pushed into the water..... You have to picture this in your mind....he is probably all of 4foot 3inches tall.......doesn't speak......he is walking casually over to a large group of high schoolers.......meandors into their group of 12 or so kids....walks up to the smallest one and pushes her towards the water! She managed to keep her footing and not fall in......so he came up with an alternate plan of attack on the water........after we had him sit down for the first attempt.....he snuck off to the swings......0f course we thought he was going to swing nicely .......but NOOOOO he takes his shoes off and his socks and pitches them into the lake! LOL we managed to get them out....shortly after this we were done.........three grown women and we were wore out!

gggirls 05-09-2008 04:22 PM

This afternoon my niece came to visit. We had lunch at Applebee's - the WW Chicken Lime something salad for me - 4 points - however that equates. Then she said - we're going shopping. I'm glad she was with me because I would have not bought the things I bought - 4 shirts in size 1X. YAY. On the bad news side - they haven't removed the 3 way mirrors from dressing rooms - OMG. I was not able to find any pants that fit right which was very discouraging. Either too big through the belly and waist or too small in the lower leg (right above my knee). She was a trooper - kept going out to get me different sizes. She did ask if I had lost 20 pounds yet - Battle - had to think of you. She is near and dear enough to me I told her how much I had lost at which point she teared up. So tonight it is off to Kohl's in search of pants that fit. I have to say I would much rather be digging in the dirt but the rain stopped that. I figure if I get this out of the way maybe it will be dry tomorrow.

dogpal 05-09-2008 05:15 PM

Hey everyone.

I finally made it to the senior center. They were all such lovely people. The loved my story and made me feel so special. When I was finished talking they gave me a standing ovation. It kind of made me feel silly. lol. I stayed for another hour after ward and did Tai Chi class with them. It was fun and I learned some self defense moves. I actually worked up a little sweat. Amazing how you move slow and still work your body. After Tai Chi a few of the ladies came up to me to ask me questions and see my scrap book. It was nice. The man running the class who asked me to come give the talk said he is a retired film maker from CA and wants to make a film about me. I do not feel ready for that nor am I trusting enough for that right now. lol. I told him I would pray about it but he is very pushy. I think I will have to get my feet under me strongly and know what I want to do. He is trying to quilt me into the film by telling me that I may help save someone else's life like mine was saved. I asked him where this film would b shown and to whom would they show it. He said that we will worry about that later. Sounds weird to me. So, I just left hopfully an impression that I am not very interested in a film at this time. lol. AFter that I went to Curves and did my workout there. All in all it was a great day with 90 minutes of exercise so far. Now, time to take my doggies for a walk.

Sorry not many personals today but here are a few:

Angie: Thanks so much for the recipe. I will have to try it.

Battle: WOW! How exciting your vacation sounds!

Carol: I'm so pleased for you to go shopping and that your Dear niece was with you. I don't have any children of my own but I have a few nieces and nephews that I just adore and I know how special they can make you feel. Hugs.

Well, off for a walk with the pooches.

Blessings all,
Annie

CatherineM 05-09-2008 06:13 PM

Dolphin-I’ve sent you a PM on how to get a copy.

Debi-gas is $1.20 here, but that’s per liter. I think that means it’s $4.50 a gallon. I don’t own a car, so I don’t notice it anymore. My bus pass went up a dollar a month.

Angie-I’ve kind of had a blah day today too. I actually went back to bed for awhile. I’m going to clean during the commercials of the Yankees game.

Carol-I think they should put fun house mirrors in dressing rooms. As long as you knew before going in, what would the harm be?

Annie-Himself and I were discussing who should play me if they make my book into a movie. I told him it would practically be a snuff film. So who’s going to play you? Mine would have to be someone really tall, young (I was in my late 20’s but looked much younger), and kind of a dingbat, but arrogant and with a large chip on the shoulder. To be honest, I don’t even know the name of any female actresses under the age of 30 except Parish Hilton. She’s too short. A young Gena Davis would work.

I didn’t get the work done today I wanted to, but I stayed OP, so I’m going to be content with that. I fell asleep right after I got the notice for my book launch. I wonder if I’m just having regular new book jitters, or if I’m actually scared. I hope it’s just jitters. I think I’m worried about people knowing my deepest secrets. I think I’m also worried about people reading the book, and changing their opinions of me.