3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ Weekly Thread #1157 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/141635-300-weekly-thread-1157-a.html)

azcyn 05-11-2008 12:05 PM

EmilyMay: That is just so awesome that it fit!!!!!!!! That has got to make you just smile from ear to ear!!!!

Happy Mothers Day to all!!!!

I am going to scrapbook all day!! Whoohoo!!

Ratkitten 05-11-2008 12:18 PM

Hiya Peeps!

Cyn, omgosh, good luck with the Jack Russell. I had to find a home for one with fear aggression issues that my little sister had. They have so much energy! I'll stick to my goofy goldens. They are currently passed out on the floor. They ran up and back with me while in the basement earlier.

See, I decided to practice my rollerblades indoors since it's been raining out a lot. I cleaned the mess on one side of my basement and skated back and forth for 30 minutes. It was funny to watch goldens try to figure out what Mom was doing. We all wore ourselves out!

Hugs and Luv,
Ratkitten

dogpal 05-11-2008 12:38 PM

Bernice: I tried on a size 10 and they fit just fine. Your son is so cute. Hugs to you.

Carol: I think your trainer meant what he said as a compliment. Most men are a bit.... lax in that department. Hugs.

Catherine: Have fun at the game! Don't hurt anyone. lol.

Angie: So, so sorry that you had a bad experience at Catherine's. About 6 months ago the manager at the Catherine's in Spokane said something really rude to me so I haven't been back there. Hugs.

Ratkitty: Happy Mother's Day to you too. I only have furbabies too but they are my babies.

Julee: Sounds like bowling was a blast. Today is a new day with the eating.

Emily: So very good to see you! Thanks for sharing the NSV about the pouch thing. That is such a great feeling. Hugs.

Happy Mother's Day all. We went to church to the early service and it is 9:30 and we are home now. I am happy to say that my weight is finally back to my ticker. Still no TOM! I don't know why it is being soooo slow. lol.

Blessings all,
Annie

DMPLS 05-11-2008 02:48 PM

Well stopping in to wish you all a Happy Mother's Day!!! Well all the mothers that is.....LOL

just had to share my surprises I got today!

First off my son that sent me the roses & told me he wouldn't be coming up for Mom's day....showed up with his fiance last night! they are staying till Mon morning!
My DD (oldest one) went out and bought everything for a picnic (what I had mentioned a week or two ago I wanted for mother's day) She stayed up really late last night making everything and preparing for a picnic.........well Dh woke me up to breakfast & coffee.....tulips & a gift certificate to CURVES!!!!!! YEAH!!!! then we looked outside......MISERABLE Weather!!! raining sideways blowing winds.....etc.....well I said we could still have the picnic under the gazebo.....at the lake.....we went off to church with hopes that the winds would die down.......after church the temp dropped so we had our picnic inside my living room! LOL OHHH and the lights were out! had been out for over 2hours while we were at church!!! LOL just got power back.....the kids and Dh gave me some wonderful cards!

I took my phone into church with us....I had it on vibrate....and told DH if Army son called I would walk out of church to talk to him.....since last week he called during service & my phone was in my purse......turned off! So I held my phone in my lap all service anticipating it to vibrate! Well still no phone call yet from Army son....but I know eventually today he will call! I have my phone next to me still! LOL

So tomorrow after school I will stop by Curves and check it out! Does anyone go to Curves by them? Dh said he got a 1mth certificate so I can test it out and if I like it he will pay the monthly fee for me for mother's day......if not there is also a swim & fitness community center that is rather cheep membership ......so if I don't feel like Curves will do the trick I could go there..........but I think I will feel better at an all woman's place!

again Happy Mother's Day to those of you who are mother's!

sandys~back 05-11-2008 03:37 PM

Hey all, I am new to the board, well not actually new...I was here a couple of years ago and am interested in popping back on. I have missed posting with people who really know what it is like to be this size and want to lose weight. All the frustrations that go with it. I look forward to making new friends and maybe finding some of the old ones.

Hope you don't mind me just starting in. I figure you have to start in somewheres.

Debbie54 05-11-2008 04:22 PM

:balloons:HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
Debi, :congrat: on reaching the 40lb mark!!!
Sorry you don't get to go see your mom. I'll be thinking of you as I'm doing my laundry too. :(

Catherine, did you get the lawn mowed or did it snow on you? We had alot of rain here last night and thank goodness, I didn't plant my seedlings yet. The new garden is flooded!!! There's some work to be done out there, I guess.

Hi Heather, take care and do the best you can at this stressful time.

Cyn, sounds like you got another great workout done. Those pounds and inches will be flying off of you.
Have fun scrapbooking.

Julee, I hope the recommendation is so good that they can't turn them away!!
O and Julee, NO more FIT FLOPS!!!! :rofl:

Carol, Darn you!! You're suppose to be having the bad weather not us!!! :lol: I want to work so bad outside, but it rained again. The sun is out though so hopefully I will just put a jacket on (it's still cold), put the tarp down and get out there and play in the dirt anyhow. I bet your gardens look great. Do we get pictures?

Annie, "What Happens in Vegas" was really good. A very good chick flick and Jim liked it too. Some of the critics said there was too much skin. I don't know which movie they were watching but the one we saw was typical. I'm glad we went. I did have most of the popcorn and some M&M's so I'm up a bit, but I'm sure it's mostly water weight from the popcorn. At least that's what I'm telling myself and keeping my fingers, toes, eyes, legs,and arms crossed.
I'm in a size 11 too and have to get wide width shoes so I don't know if the Fitflops will fit either. I can't buy them right now anyhow because I'm still waiting for the call from Walmart....but maaaaaaaaaaaaybe if I start working. I'm just not sure about the thing between the toes.

Bernice, yum!!! kabobs!!!!
They make them look so serious is those pics. He's a very handsome guy!!! Be proud!!!

Em, the point is, you got it done up!!! YAY for you!!!

Sandy, Good to have you hear. Just jump in....we're good listeners!

:wave: Jeanne

Yesterday my son and dil came over. They gave me a gorgeous set of pearl earrings, bracelet and necklace.....and a puzzle, since they know I love puzzles. We're all getting along so good. I'm so happy they came over and they even ended up spending the night. We had a game night and taco dinner with all the fixings. It was alot of fun. They brought their dog Lucy who had a pretty little dress on...yes...they dress the dog. :rofl: She's such a cute little thing though and it just fits her to be dressed up since she's a little prissy girl.
Ok, I'm gonna go plant some plants even if it rains on me and I freeze.
toodles,
Debbie

kayleystar 05-11-2008 04:53 PM

Hello everyone; I know I haven't been on here in quite a while, yet again. Not since I started my new job back in February. It's been keeping me busy to say the least, and I've thought about coming in, but there's no way that I'd be able to do personals, etc.

With school & work, I'm gone from 5:30am until about 6pm Monday through Friday; So needless to say, I don't have much spare time!

But this forum has always helped me in the past, and I'm going to try and come on here at least every couple of days. I may not be able to do personals all the time, but I'll (try!) to keep up with most of you.

As for me, as you can see in my siggy, I'm in a wedding in July. The dress does NOT fit. It's about 14 INCHES from fitting. I'm a wreck. Completely stressed out about fitting into it. I've been hitting the gym hardcore for the past month, and I started to measure myself last week, and I've lost 5 inches off my body over the past week. That's a start, but so much more ground to cover, so to speak.

I'm going to talk to a seamstress and see what she may be able to do. I don't plan on taking the dress in to be altered until the end of June, so I have from now until then to lose as many inches as possible.

I'm hardcore on Atkins once again. That's how I lost 60 lbs in 3 months before. I've lost almost 18 lbs over the last 2.5 weeks, so I just gotta keep thinking positive.

I was up to an astronomical 380 lbs. Higher than my high before. I'm down to about the 362 area. I would LOVE to be 300 by the wedding, but seeing as that's July 26th, I don't think that'll be happening, so I'll take 320, if possible! lol.

Okay, I'm rambling. Hopefully I'll pop in here before bed tonight. Gym bright and early at 4am tomorrow. Heh.

gggirls 05-11-2008 07:05 PM

Kayley - HI - great to see you.

Sandy - welcome. Keep posting - I look forward to getting to know you.

Annie - yes I know he meant it as a compliment it is funny how your mind can turn something though at times.

Debbie - we got rain too - and the cold - it was 43 this morning. Hope you get your seedlings in. Can't wait to hear about the job.

Cyn - glad to hear the Y is working out for you.

Rat - hope the goofy goldens were good to you today - I'm not sure what mine would do if I tried to rollerblad in the house - I have to put them up even when I do yoga. This morning Gracie wouldn't get off the treadmill.

I hope everyone enjoyed their day celebrating yourselves. I'm not a mom but I certainly did - I worked outside digging in the dirt with plenty of paws helping. My stepson and his family stopped with a card which was a first - maybe I'm becoming less wicked - LOL. I also cleaned out all of my closets and the rest of the dressers. I tried on every piece too. I have much less left than I am giving away but hopefully enough to get by until fall although I may need to add one more pair of bottoms.

Hugs to you all,
Carol

DMPLS 05-11-2008 08:03 PM

Annie- What size shoe do you normally wear?
Congrats on getting back to your ticker weight!

Sandy-:wel3fc: Just start posting! We all love to YAK! Jump in wherever you want to! Besides everyone’s weightlosses our topic has been kinda on these fit flops and Catherine’s book due to be out in the next week or so! LOL so as you see Anything really goes here!

Debi-:bravo: on 40lbs!!! I’m chasing behind you still.....we will see what my weigh in is tomorrow morning....right now I am staying the same from last weeks weigh in.

Debbie-yes I agree they do make them look so serious....but my baby boy looks so much like a man!!! That’s great about the pearl necklace & earings wow that was nice of them! That’s cute about their dog! My son & fiance brought their dog with them too! Poor thing was abused and they rescued her....she has finally warmed up to us “people” family....but she has yet to warm up to our “furry” family....so she has to be held or in a kennel while here....since our two dogs stress her out....all they want to do is play but she is very aggressive to other dogs so his fiance doesn’t want her to bite one of ours.....since she has done this to her mom’s dogs. I hope you got your plants planted.....mine are still sitting around waiting for me to put them near the steps in the front of the house....but it is Horrible weather today here so I guess I wont be able to do it like I planned to!

Kayley-:dancer:welcome back! Sure missed your beautiful smiling face around here! Good for you on your weight loss so far & your inches lost!!! Keep it up and you will fit that dress yet!!! Sounds like you have motivation to keep you going and that is wonderful! I know you will look radiant in that dress come the ceremony!

Carol-that is sweet that your stepson brought you a card!!! Sounds like you have been doing what I need to get to! I will probably start later tonight and do some more tomorrow since I need to figure out what I will be wearing to son’s graduation! What I really want to do is go buy a new pair of capris and top in Bright Orange, since that is his favorite color and then while he is out on the Parade field he will be able to spot where we are without turning his head! I saw a cute outfit at Cato’s but can’t justify the purchase right before the trip!

JuliaDH 05-11-2008 08:29 PM

Is mothers day over yet? I has been a horrible day. Not so dear hubby messed up another one. And since my b-day is so close it usually gets messed up or he goes over board trying to make it up to me out of guilt. Which takes away any real meaning/sentiment. I am at the point of just wanting to ignore "special" days an have it be another regular day. "Special" days dont usually go very well and feels like pure ****. Especially when he is not the centre of attention.

On a positive note I have not gone off plan honestly knowing that eating everything in sight is not going to fix the marital issues. Told him to go get some counselling. If not I am gone on Oct 24 which is our 10 yr anniv.

CatherineM 05-11-2008 08:45 PM

Julee-When food calls to me, it is hard to resist. My dad always said that free food tasted better. Sometimes I even dream about eating.

Annie-I’ll try to be good, but am itching to see how far I can throw a frozen hot dog this year. I want to set a new personal best.

Debbie-No snow, and no mowing either. I just didn’t want to do it. I guess it will get done when I feel like it and not a minute before. I’m glad you had a good time with your son.

I have a full day tomorrow. First I have my PTSD therapy, and then I have a meeting of my human trafficking committee. I just hope my brain isn’t too fried out to go to the meeting.

DMPLS 05-11-2008 08:46 PM

:hug:Julia:hug: hope things get better! I know its hard when our loved ones treat us poorly. I'm sure deep down he cares and feels badly.....may not ever say so.....but I'm sure he does.

Hope your day gets better!

kayleystar 05-11-2008 09:18 PM

DMPLS - Would you prefer to go by something else? I've been out of the loop for a while. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I've been really pushing myself at the gym, and I really hope it pays off. She announced her engagement a year ago, but I've waited this long, so it's really my own fault. Bleh

Julia - I'm sorry that your Mother's Day wasn't better. I do hope that your B-day is a bit better for you, and that you have a FABULOUS week!!

Well, I did make it back in here tonight. Heheh. I'll be up at 4am, to get to the gym before work. I'll attempt to check in around 1pm, if possible (tomorrow). If not, I will after work. Again, I don't know if I'll have time for personals during the week due to my crazy schedule.

Have a WONDERFUL week everyone!!!

Debbie54 05-11-2008 10:23 PM

Julia, so sorry to hear you're having problems with the hubby. They can be maddening, can't they? I hope he goes and gets the counseling he needs and you can patch things up. Take care. :hug:

Bernice, yes, amazing how they can change so fast isn't it? I got some of the plants, planted. But my veggie garden is half way under water. Sure didn't plan that one out very well, did I? Jim was out there diggin' trenches around it to drain. Hopefully some time this week, they will finally have a home in the dirt.

Man, it's cold here! I"ve got goosebumps just sitting here in front of the puter. I think it's sprinkling right now. Ugh! When's this going to be over?
Debbie

princesspuffypants 05-12-2008 12:44 AM

hey Kayley - good to see you again ;)