Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #76  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Wow...I am having a hard time keeping up with personals when the weather is so beautiful. We are outside! WI today and the TOM/PMS weight is gone thank goodness!. Now back to 309 and have to spend the next 3 weeks working hard. I don't like having a week of weight loss messed up due to this cycle. That means 12 weeks per year and 24 lbs per year AVERAGES to mess up a good routine!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:41 PM   #77  

Height: 5'7"

I was expecting "TOM" in the past few days...still no sign of him. Very unusual for me. Thank God I had a tubal or I might be worried.LOL

Things with hubby are a little calmer but he didnt sleep last night ...but who did!! Katie is better this afternoon...just a little weak from being so sick. She will be back to her bouncy self by tommorow Im sure!!

I spend most of the day outside with the boys who have jsut leaned to really run..i let them run around the whole block today and i was able to walk at a good fast pace. I may try it agian tommorow and maybe it will wear them down for a good long nap. I am so ready for the weekend!!

carol_ thanks for sending us a nasty storm a little while ago. I jsut came in from chasing my trash cans down the alley.

My plants have really spouted. I am excited. I had done everything according to the package and kept them out of direct sunlight. I dont think they were getting enough light. When i put them on the porch sunday just a few had sprouted. Now almost all of them have.Im hoping to plant after this next cool spell.
well i think im going to go be lazy for a little while ...
take care all
Old 04-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Catherine, when I go to the store tomorrow I'm going to put 70lbs worth of dog food out in the aisle just to see what it looks like. Good way to look at it. Thanks for the idea.
I wish that my ex and I were on speaking terms, but he doesn't want to talk to me. He still hasn't forgiven me for leaving him, but I couldn't take it with an alcholic after 19 years. He just doesn't get it. But I'm glad DS is talking to him now after 5 years.

Julee, OOOOOOOo ok. Here I thought you were gettin' off easy, but I guess not. With cars, I guess it's never just one thing.

Julia, I hear ya on how much TOM can mess up a month of weight loss.

Debi, do you have a bunch to plant or just a few? Did you make a patch outside for them? I can't wait to get our garden ready outside but it's still raining. UGh! Is it ever going to quit? Sounds like you have a good routine to wear out the boys while exercising and it can all be done outside, which is great.

I was craving chocolate soooooooo bad tonight so I went in and was going to make brownies, but instead had a slimfast. Haven't craved chocolate since. Worked past that craving and it feels pretty good!
have a great evening!
Debbie
Old 04-25-2008, 12:10 AM   #79  
Lauren

S/C/G: 333.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

hey ladies, i don't have much time but wanted to update you after my WI tonight. i'm down 7!!!! yay!!!! that makes a total of 11.5 and 3 over the gain from last week. ok, i'm off to bed. hope you all have a WONDERFUL FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:58 AM   #80  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

The car thing would normally have me completely in a tail spin but we are very fortunate that circumstances are what they are right now....I expected his car to need a fair amount of work...so it's not too shocking. Sadly we cannot get by on one car...so it has to be done.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:55 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hiya peeps,

I'm tired but had a good day.

Carol: What a sweet thing for your DH to say. It's great that he is so supportive.

My seder went great. My guests didn't leave until after midnight. I don't do much else for the holiday because the foods send me into a tailspin. Next year I'm going to throw all leftovers out the minute my guests leave, and the fruit slice candy will not be on my shopping list. Maybe some day this will change, but for now I cannot trust myself around the special goodies.

Sharon: I feel like I have been in perimenopause for several years. But, from what I understand, this phase can go on for several more years.

I am also a little afraid of losing weight quickly, because some women seem to go into early menopause when losing large amounts of weight. I don't know if there are any studies on this, and I am no scientist, but it could be related to the hormones that are released from the belly fat cells.

Julia: I don't tell anyone I'm trying to lose weight, unless they notice my weight loss. Then I'll confirm. But I don't really talk about it except here.

Zelma: You have a great trip planned. I wish I lived closer to the places you're visiting.

Catherine: Can you send or post information about how to obtain your book?

Julee: Hugs to you.

Too bad about the car, but at least there are funds to fix it. I'm sure you'd rather do something else with the money.

Lauren: Good for you, now you're seeing results!

Luan: I am with you, I don't appreciate friends trying to force me to take sides. I won't. I hope your friend has a change of heart, but if not, enjoy your day anyway.

Anne: I have tried cutting my hair and made a real mess out of it.

I love berries of almost any variety. How lucky you will be later this summer to enjoy the fresh berries from your garden.

Ruby2: Welcome! I'm a calorie counter, myself.

Walrus: Good job completing your projects. It feels great to complete things.

Debi: Ugh, sounds like you could use a few days in bed to rest from all that's going on in your house.

Debbie: I hope you see a loss soon. I know you will eventually. I'm so happy to read about you communicating with your son. I've got my fingers crossed that his dad doesn't disappoint him after all this time.

Hugs and love to everyone I missed.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:01 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Peeps - I'm feeling like my body is wanting to hold onto weight right now - it's only been two weeks that I have been losing again. You'd think one of these days I would get used to it but I am amazed that I have become so in tune to know. Baby steps Carol.

Not much going on here. I'm going to try to get some housework done before I head back to the dentist this morning so if by some wild chance it doesn't storm as predicted I will be able to work outside later this afternoon.

Anyone trying anything new on the menu these days? We had shrimp instead of chicken last night on our salads. It was a nice change.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 04-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #83  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I am dicovering how much sodium has an effect on me! Not good I really need to keep it back low! I noticed after 2 cups of Orville Rede smart pop I bloated with in several hours. Back to airpop for me!

Carol - We are expecting a storm today too. Wanted to carpet clean. Might not if its wont get sunny in the living room this afternoon.

Battle - Glad to hear your feeling more on track!

Lauren - Awesome news on your WI 7 lbs gone! yah!

Debbie - Good job on not baking brownies! I am baking the kids zuccinni bread today!

Debi - Glad to hear things are settling down a bit at home! Still praying for your continual strength!

We having company coming this weekend so I better get the cleaning done!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #84  

Good morning,
I have the little ones down for a morning nap.Both are on allergy medicine and it make them mean.lol
Well TOM finally showed up in the middle of the night. What fun....lol

carol- good luck at the dentist. I have a real fear of them!! I have a bridge and was tramatized while getting it. But to make matters worse...my sister-in-law who was 29 went in the dentist office to have a tooth pulled and died in the chair. She had undiagnosed high blood pressure and wasnt taking any meds for it. WHen the dentist gave her the shot of novacaine. She had massive blows in her brain. It was so tragic. In our area now dentist will check blood pressure before doing procedures. They now advise that if they dont check your blood pressure to ask for it to be checked. MY blood pressure sky rockets even with cleaning now.

julia_ i love zuc bread. thanks for the prayers

battle_ your right i could use a few days in bed and i may try and take a day this weekend. I didnt know large weight loss affected hormones but it does make sense and my periods have sure been strange the past few months. Seem to be getting futher apart. Belive me it doesnt hurt my feelings any!

julee_ glad you have the money to fix the car. It does suck though having to sink that much into a car.

lauren_ great job on the weighloss. Did Zac go and weigh in? I was amazed at his weight loss.

debbie_ We doubled the size of our garden this year. Last year we had 8 tomatoe plants and 3hills of squash and a few brocilli plants and pepper plants. this year is 16 tomatoe plants, 6 hills of squash , 8 pepper plants, cantaloupe plants and watermellon. Also a huge row of sunflowers. It will be so nice to have all those veggies. I guess we will jsut give it away if it produces like it did last year.

anne and annie_ hugs to you both..and anyone else i missed.

debi
Old 04-25-2008, 10:47 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Thank you sooo much all of you for the welcomes and for sharing your stories. It's really motivating to me.

I am so glad I came back to the boards

I'm starting out just cutting back on the junk. I guess that's a good place to start and trying to drink a lot more water. Unfortunately, I have a restaurant and I work there 6 days/week, so I am around so much food and yummy desserts and treats all the time. I'm determined to win though.

I'm going to have my hubby help me set up my exercise area downstairs this weekend. I have a treadmill and a tv and lots of workout tapes and dvd's, so I really have no excuse.

I can't wait to learn more about you all and to share stories along our journey.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #86  

christina_ welcome,
we are glad to have you with us. Starting out slow is a good way to start. try keeping up with what goes into your mouth for a few days.I was amazed at how much i snack with the babies i keep.I would only have a bite of this and that but those calories sure add up. I read somewhere to figure 25 calories for random bites of food. I thought NO WAY. but if is proberly close to that unless its veggies.
the workout area sounds like a good idea, I have a weight system in my basement and it never got used until now. We got it for our son about 8 years ago. he used it for awhile and then it just sat there. Now it is getting alot of use.Im glad i never got rid of it!!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:05 AM   #87  

Height: 5'11"

Hi all:

I'm still here Yoga was excellent last night -- she really pushed us hard, and I was able to do everything, though there were a couple of poses I had to change after just a short time, even with the busted leg! Excellent! Then, of course, we went to our favorite Mexican/El Salvadorian place and, um, didn't do so well. We did park about three blocks away, so I got some walking practice in, too. I just need to learn how to watch what I eat without letting it control me. I'll get better This morning was PT again (twice a week for 2 months!), and I think they're pleased with how I'm doing. Two active sessions in (the first one was intake) and I've regained 8 degrees in moving my foot back toward my leg (so, with legs straight, forward is moving the bottom of your foot toward the floor, left and right are left and right, and then back is moving the top of your foot toward your lower leg). I'm doing better on the marbles task, too. I think they'll need to start pushing me harder!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

I'm hitting the point in exercise where I stop/slow down. This has happened before with WATP... I'll do it for a week or two every day but it stops my weight loss COMPLETELY and I get aggravated. It's doing it now. It's been over a week, not a single change on the scale since I started walking outside.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #89  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather_dw View Post
I'm hitting the point in exercise where I stop/slow down. This has happened before with WATP... I'll do it for a week or two every day but it stops my weight loss COMPLETELY and I get aggravated. It's doing it now. It's been over a week, not a single change on the scale since I started walking outside.
I know it's frustrating. It downright sucks. But you have 2 choices: stop exercising and lose muscle and actually get less fit as you lose weight, or keep pushing through this temporary stall knowing it is doing worlds of good for your body (things other than just your weight) and that it will lead to a healthier, not just lighter, you.

I know, I know, easier said than done But exercising will help you to be able to eat a bit more calories as you continue to lose weight, plus you'll look better. Someone who doesn't exercise won't have the same body composition as someone who weighs the same and does exercise, and the one who does exercise will look better than the one that doesn't at the same height/weight/frame. Plus, your cardiovascular system is loving it, I'm sure.

I'd venture to guess your body is just holding onto some water (despite sweating--working muscles need more water than those that aren't challenged). It will let it go eventually. In the meantime, maybe you could hold of on weighing for a while? I know it's hard to stay off the scale, but it is not the holy grail--there are other measures of success. Like being able to walk to your husband's office!!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Carol: I think I will have to really check out Catherine's dog food thing this weekend. Have a great day sweetie.

Julia: Good job getting your body back to 309. You will start to loose again. Just keep on staying op and working out. Drink you water. I have a hard time with that so I make up little things in my head to fool myself. Like It makes me go more to the bathroom so I imagine when I'm going that I am flushing out fat. Silly but it helps me to stay on target more often.

Debimitch: Hope all of your family is better very soon.

Debbie: Have a great day today. It is supposed to be sunny and warm. I am going to go ride my bike in a minute if It stays sunny a bit longer. I have been wanting to see how far I can ride.

Lauren: Woo hoo to you on -7 pounds. You are doing so great!

Julie: Sorry about your car. My DH truck needs a few minor things but we have been putting them off. Better get them done before they lead to bigger things.

Battle: Glad that your sedar was nice and glad for you that it is over. Now you can get back on track without disruptions for a while. Hugs.

Christina: I think that drinking more water and less junk is an excellent start to your journey.

Heatherdw and Jillybean: Have a great day.

Bernice: Where are you? I hope you are just busy.

Anyone I missed hugs to you. I had my weigh in today and changed my ticker to reflect. I have reached my next goal of 270 and passed it by 2 pounds. I am at 268 today. I am so happy that I lost 5 pounds since last Friday. I really think it is because I am keeping careful track of my food, protein and water intake on our frig white board. I total it all day long and it has helped me to stay on track. I also talke to the nutritionist at my surgeon's office about how many calories I should be eating last week and she let me know that I was eating about 300-400 too few each day so I upped that to pretty close to where it should be and I think so far it is working. I will come back later and set my next goal on my ticker. I was thinking about 250 for the next goal but also really considering pausing to celebrate at 255 because that will be 50% of my former body weight that I have lost. Maybe I'll celebrate that one but not make it my next goal. I just need to think about it. Any body with some ideas please feel free to tell me them.

Have a great day all of you and drink that water, move that body and stay op. We can do this, we can get healthy.

Blessings all,
Annie
Closed Thread