Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 01:16 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

yay. grading done for the term. so tired...yay.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #17  

Anne - thanks for the welcome and advice

Heather - congratson getting the grading done - when you are a teacher the homework never stops!!!

I have trouble keeping names and things straight - if I haven't acknowledged you it just means I got to the reply anbd could only remember two names,,,, I remember all the stories though!!!

Todya is a busy day I have to travel and then come home - stressful but fun. But I am committed to making the besty choices possible. And I had a good breakfast so I'm on my way!

Have a great day!

Susan
Old 03-14-2008, 06:36 PM   #18  

Heather Congrats on finishing the grades. I know how that feels. What a load off!
I feel righteous - I passed by the multicolored stacks of Peeps in the supermarket today and didn't buy a single one! It was soooo tempting. Who invented all these holidays for candy?
I saw the neatest thing today and I just have to tell you all - I was driving along a country road on the way to home teach a student and I saw this big bird perching on a electric pole. I slowed down to see if it was a hawk, then I saw these big birds feasting on a dead animal along side the road. I thought at first it was just some vultures, but NO - NO - it was 4 yes, count them 4 bald eagles!!!!! Two adults and two immatures. I was so close! It was the neatest thing. The two adults took off right away - their white heads and tails so clear and bright. The two immatures took off right after that and circled around close to see if I would leave or stick around. I stopped the car and waited to see if they would come back. The one eagle flew into the woods and one flew into the open field and came down to rest there. The two younger eagles flew around, hassling each other before flying away. What a sight! We have quite a few eagles around here and I see them periodically perching on trees overlooking my river, but this was the closest I've come to them like this. Eagles are opportunistic feeders and will feed on carrion along the road. Sometimes it means they get hit by cars, but fortunately this deer was far enough off the road that I think they were safe.
Well that's the news from here. Just had to share that!
Have a great weekend all!
Bearcub
Old 03-14-2008, 09:13 PM   #19  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Bearcub - they're quite majestic in the air. We saw one once, I'm trying to remember where now. Likely it was in Texas somewhere, during the winter. I keep forgetting that it's Easter this weekend, until I saw all the supermarket ads tonight.

Heather - yay, no more grading... well, for a little while anyway.

Susan - breakfast is the meal I'm most likely to skip. I don't, but it's always a push to have it. Good luck on making good choices today.

I don't have much to add tonight. I'm tired and a little sore from my strength training today. I'm finding out that I really was just playing with the weights before. I mean, not only did I do squats today, but I did them with a barbell behind me. Okay, it's not that impressive as the first time it was only 10 pounds, and the second time it was 15. However, it's a start.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:49 PM   #20  

bearcub-- Eagles! How cool!!
Old 03-17-2008, 09:10 AM   #21  

STOP!!! It's a new week and time for a new thread!

Join us in the next installment!!
Closed Thread