Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:13 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 300/280/190

Hello everyone, sorry I have been mia. The last few days have been bad.. I finished my 50+hr week and they let me off early because I had too much overtime on Friday. Me and both kids were sick anyways with colds. We all ended up sleeping most of the afternoon. We all have been sick for weeks now. Well fast forward to monday. DH was off as he works shift work and he says lets go to chinese. Well, I got horribly sick off the sushi, I am sure that is what made me sick. I ate. Had to work for a few hours, and by the time I got home with the kids I could hardly stand up. I then proceeded to worship the toilet till almost midnite. DH had to feed the kids and stopped up the kitchen sink and a mess for me to clean up. Well I spent most of today in my chair trying to get my strength back.. I was able to make dinner and clean up some of the kitchen. This is the 2nd time I have gotten sick of sushi you would think I would learn my lesson. Well I will catch up tomorrow and weight. Have a good one everyone.

Tina
Old 02-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hi Peeps - kinda quiet around here - everybody OK? I gotta share something funny - tonight my trainer tells me - you've come a long way - you're sweating. Keep in mind he is 27 years old - I gave him "the look" - he goes on to tell me when I first started he didn't know if I would make it because I didn't work hard enough to break a sweat. Fooled him. He also told me I kicked his butt in the pool on Sunday and he needs to work up something harder for this week. Catherine - he is presenting the idea for a water kick boxing class tomorrow - once he has the go ahead I will lobby for my free admission.

Debbie - how was your mom's test?

Annie - thanks hun - you are such an inspiration.

I am about ready to do a little shopping - I haven't bought a thing since starting this journey - but the first stop will be my own closet to see what may be hiding there - it may be scary.

Hugs to everyone -
Carol
Old 02-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi gang,

Not too much to speak of here. Lots of work these days, but that's ok. Food has been ok (note, I didn't say great, but ok)...although I haven't really exercised a lot lately. I am trying to figure out how to jump into this with both feet. I have a question to you all though...I will be likely working about 12 hour days for quite some time. Any diet/exercise tips? It makes me kind of want to do South Beach, as it seems to be very effective. But again, on WW I have lost a lot of weight before. Any tips?

Take care and be well,
Angie
Old 02-26-2008, 10:20 PM   #34  

Height: 5'11"

Hi!

I'm new here and was thrilled to discover this forum. I am currently stuck with a broken leg, so my plan is on hold, but I am loving reading about all you all's experiences.

Angie, one thing that worked really, really well for me was exercising right after work, before I ate dinner. It was difficult to get into, but it relaxed me -- gave me a barrier between work life and home life -- and also diminished my appetite quite a bit, which made doing dinner easier. Plus, then when you sit on the sofa and watch TV in the evenings, you can feel all virtuous :-)
Old 02-26-2008, 10:22 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Carol, on the 1.5 lbs gone forever. You're movin' right along now, aren't you? You'll be in two-town very soon!!
The colonoscopy went pretty well for my mom. We just have to wait a few days to see what's causing the problem. I'm praying it's nothing serious. Have fun scoping out your closet. Who knows what lurks in those dark dank places.

Cyn, come on, get back on the OP wagon!!! We all have those kind of days. All we can do is learn from it. I've gotten to the point that I don't cheat too much. I just think of how hard I've had to work to get this weight off, and is it really worth it to eat something that will mess me up.

Annie, hope your day at work wasn't too hard. Any news from the other company yet?

Julee, good move on the cookies not crossing the doorway!! I don't know if I could of done it.

Peggy, I'm so glad you told TOM to take a hike!! I wish he would leave us all alone.

DMPLS, what a proud moment that must of been for you during your son's swear in. Give him my best too and thank him so much for protecting our freedom.

Jeanne, well, I haven't been DDRing for the last few days. I've been trying to shake it up by getting on the dreaded treadmill. It seems to be working and I hope to have a nice weight loss this week. Your daughter is doing fantastic!! Wow!! 20 lbs, that's just wonderful news. I bet she feels so much better and so proud.
If the weather had of stayed sunny here, I would of sent some off your way, but alas, it's back to cold and clouds.

Tina, sorry to hear your not feeling well. I've never had sushi. I just don't see how people don't get sick from raw food. I hope you and the kidlets feel better soon.

Angie, sometimes when I sit here at the computer, I'll do arm circles. If you are in an office by yourself, or when you go to the bathroom, maybe do some wall pushups. As for food, I think the best thing to do is pack your own. That way you know what you will be eating and won't have any surprises on trying to find something that is suitable to eat.

Today, I ate out at McD's. I thought by having a Big and Tasty, it wouldn't be too bad. Wrong!!! That has alot of calories and fat in it. So I hope it doesn't affect me too much. I need to carry my little book of calories with me when I go out from now on and make better choices. Unintentional, but it was still a bad choice. I guess I should of checked out the cafeteria at the hospital.
O my gosh!! I cried during the Biggest Loser. Even though I don't like those brothers after what they did to Dan's mom, it still got to me. Very moving episode. It sure is motivational though.
Have a great night
Debbie
Old 02-27-2008, 06:58 AM   #36  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Carol..........

I cried at Biggest Loser too! Like a baby! haha!

Did you see Mark at home.........he is 195# - that was only 6# more than when he left.......so, I really think it was the right decision for him to go home. I was glad Rodger stayed!
Gotta run! Have a nice day!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:30 AM   #37  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Well no school today due to a sorry-snowstorm! I mean it there isn't even an inch on the ground!!! now we have to come back for two days after labor day!!! grrrr is there no spring in sight????? LOL

ok off the weather!

DS's swearing in was very emotional for me.....the hug goodbye was even more so.....but last night DH & I were sitting talking watching the snow sputter down.....and I realized DS wont be home for a weekend(like while he was 1hr away at college) that he wont be home for my bday that even after he finishes his training he will be "MOVED" away!!! this is the first child of ours to actually leave us....so to speak...our oldest son is in his 3rd year at college has his own apartment and is engaged....but I feel so much a part of his & his girlfriend's life its like he hasn't moved out.....Anthony(DS in the Army) has always come home on the weekends at least 2X a month he is my one child that needs my hugs each time he walks in the room.....DH thought I was concerned for him going into the Army....I said no it just hit me he has MOVED away from home! LOL

ok sappy moment over LOL! btw I posted a link to the swearing in ceremony on my blog...its dark and you have to move the timebar over to 1:36 to avoid the long discussion prior to the actual swear in but it is great to listen to! my son is middle front row and the deep voice.

DD & I will hopefully do DDR today we have been challenging eachother for awhile but never seem to fit it in.....since we are both off for this blasted snowday I think I will wake her up and get her to do DDR with me and then I will do Hip Hop Abs with her(she loves these LOL)

hope everyone has a wonderfully OP day!!!

Last edited by DMPLS; 02-27-2008 at 07:32 AM. Reason: forgot to tell you were the link was LOL
Old 02-27-2008, 08:25 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning all,

I was emotional during biggest looser last night as well. I am glad mark went home. They are having biggest looer try outs at a mall here on march 8th..I swear if I had the PTO I'd love to go on that show. LOL

Debbie: I know I gotta catch the next wagon to weight los hood..can I bum a ride from you?? lol

DMPLS: my hubby was in the reserves and it was had to hug that last goodbye. HUGS to you.

The Walrus..welcome to the group!!!

Well work is waiting for me..ugh! catch yall later
Old 02-27-2008, 11:25 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 300/280/190

GM everyone. Trying to catch up on everything. THe kids had a 2 hour delay due to the snow snow snow. I am sick of snow lol. I did not get to weigh this morning I will try tomorrow. I am having a hard time going back on points. My stomach is so weak there is very few things I can eat. I do not eat a lot of meat it turns my stomach most days even cooking it for my family. Raw veggies upset my GERD even on meds. I tend to eat soft warm foods. Which is a bad thing because that means bread bread bread. I do like the soups 0points but they have sodium. I also cannot eat eggs at all. Any suggestions would be helpful. I have a slew of mouth/throat/stomach issues.

OH FYI sushi for some reason is one thing I "liked' weird I know. However, 2nd time is my charm I wont eat it again. And sushami is the raw fish sushi, sushi as we know it is the california roll made with faux crab avocado etc. However, I like mine rolled in roe or fish eggs... probably why I got so sick. Live and learn.

Thanks Tina
Old 02-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #40  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I'm supposed to be doing homework and/or housework. I'm having trouble getting motivated. First TOM after the miscarriage finally hit. The first one can be unpredictable. It definitely kept me out of the pool this morning. I wouldn't have had the energy anyway. I have to teach tonight on the Formation of Conscience. God help my students.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #41  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey all,

I'm completely without energy. I don't feel unwell, just listless. It started yesterday, and even with a good night's sleep it's still hanging on. So, I did read everyone's posts, but I'm only going to add a few comments.

TheWalrus - welcome, glad you could join us!

Realist - I agree with TheWalrus' comment about afternoon exercise. I find that it keeps me from being hungry. In fact, I often come close to forgetting to take my protein shake I have set for late afternoon. Yes, wow, me - forgetting to eat. That in itself is amazing. Actually, a protein shake isn't a bad fill in at the end of a late day. It might stop you from looking for something worse on the way home. For the 12-hour work days... plan, plan, plan. (I know, I'm probably telling you this too late to help.) Making a big pot of soup that you can heat up quickly might help. Or a healthy chili / spaghetti sauce is a good idea as well. I know, you'll want 15-min meals, but having some ready helps. If you have a crock-pot they can be a good helper as well. Dump everything in before leaving for work (prep 10 mins the night before) and plug the crockpot into a cheap electrical timer if you won't be home for 12-14 hours (that can be a little long for some recipes). Good luck.

Babybear - I droppped 'Gerd Recipes' into Yahoo and got lots of hits. You could do the same in any search engine and look for recipes. I found one (what looks like) a good link right away. Hope some of that helps.

Gerd info and recipes

Well, that's it for me. I'm going back to vegging on the couch until it's time to make dinner. I've already done 60 mins on the treadmill and 30 mins of other exercises so I'm going to try listening to my body... and rest.

To those I didn't mention directly - it's only my tiredness that's stopping me. I hope you're all well and having a good day.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #42  

Apologies for not checking in for so long, I have really not had much internet patience for sometime and my diet flew off plan. I cannot make excuses I know what caused it and I am determined to get back on track and just wanted to pop in and say I am alive and I promise to pop back real soon.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:16 PM   #43  
On the road to find out..

S/C/G: 340/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

I wanted to stop in really quick and say to everyone! Work has been crazy busy lately and seeing as I haven't joined the 21st century and purchased a home computer I haven't been on for awhile.

I did watch Biggest Loser last night (it is one of my must see shows), and I was pleased that Mark agreed to go home, but just like it seems the majority of you, I cried like a baby. I am really rooting for Brittney. Even though she is and always was much smaller than me, I feel a strong connection to her because of some of her family/personal issues. Also what really hit home for me was when Jillian told her that when she gives up just before the end the only thing she gets is nothing. That is so me, or at least it was the former me (the "hopefully" reformed me). I have been a sabotager of the highest order and that part of the show really hit home.

I wanted to say congrats to all of you ladies who have the willpower to come within 3 feet of GS Cookies and not inhale them. I passed by a table of them at the mall and I had to reach into my purse and pull out an old pic I have of myself so that I could be reminded of what GS cookies (among many other things) really do for me.

I'm running out of time, so I will have to make this a brief post. Congrats to all who are/were OP and or lost weight, and to those who are having a more difficult time of it lately. We have all been there.

Take care everyone,

Wendy
Old 02-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

DMPLS, did you do DDR with your daughter today? Is Hip Hop Abs very hard?

Cyn, I've got my hand out, all ya gotta do is grab it!!

Tina, sorry to hear you got so weak from the sushi. Hopefully it will pass soon and you can get back to being yourself again.

Catherine, feel better, my friend. I'll be praying for your students. Yikes!

Anne, get some rest.

Alison, hang in there kiddo.

Wenny, I agree, Brittany is just a sweetheart. She's come such a long way on her journey, mentally and physically.

I made some stew for tonight's dinner. It doesn't seem to have too many calories since I can control what goes into it. I've been looking at some new recipes to liven up the meals. Jim and I are definitely getting tired of the same ol thing.
Did the DDR today for a change. I wanted to get some exercise in because my fave show "Men In Trees" starts again tonight. I know, I'm a slave to the tv, but not as much as I used to be.
Jim went out and re-leveled the backyard yesterday and it looks so great now. I can get to the blackberry bushes now with no problem. I just have to make sure I don't fall off the drop back there. It's about 5 feet down and then all trees back there.
toodles
Debbie
Old 02-27-2008, 07:40 PM   #45  

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone,
I woke up this morning to the more snow.My daughter is throwing a fight. She wants to go to school this year..she is a senior and doesnt want to go all summer.
I have done good this week so far.

Babybear have you tried oatmeal . I have IBS and it really is kinda soothing to my system. I can completly understand where your coming from with having to eat carb. I go thru spells with mine. SO far mine has been pretty good lately. I have heard that slimfast is ok for stomach problems. I also make chicken noodle soup and just use low fat stuff in it.
Good luck,,,i know it can really be hard to deal with.

catherine - has a body melted out of the snow yet??

Debbie - stew sounds so good and hot!!

dmpls- did your snow melt this afternoon ?? mine did but i heard another round might be coming on tuesday. Will winter ever end?

realcdn sorry your not feeling the best!!

One of the little boys I keep brought in a box of girlscout cookies. I had a hard time not eating a few( half the box). I actually took a bite of one and then reminded myself that it was good but not good enough to mess up my diet.I threw the rest of it in the trash!

Tom is here also and guess I will see how he affects the scales.

I went to the dollar store this afternoon to get trash bags. I always check out the clearance rack and they had bobbie brooks pj for 3.60 a pair. I was going to get a pair and my daughter talked me into getting 3 pairs. they are kinda thin so I can wear them with the air on this summer. I also saw thin weight sweat pants for 2.60 a pair. Im going back tommorow and get them even though they are only a size 20.

I did see something exciting today after the snow melted in my yard. I have 2 buds on my easter flowers. Guess spring is just around the corner.
have a good night everyone
debi
Closed Thread