Old 01-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #1  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Default 512 lbs = Me, wow! gonna be a long road!

Hi, I am still relatively new to this forum and I like it a lot and read it daily, some of you may have seen me posting around some may not I want this to serve as sorta another introduction as well as I just have to write this. I thought I would put this out there to make it real for me.

Well, I started eating a low calorie diet and exercising on the first of the month and had no clue as to what I weighed. I had ordered a scale a couple weeks ago that goes to 550 lbs, and it got here this morning and I was ecstatic yet I was honestly scared that it would not support me. as it turns out I weigh 512 lbs today right this minute. I am relieved that it supports me and I am below 550 I in all honesty thought I was more than that so thats a good thing right? but the bad news is that I still weigh 512 lbs so I have a very long hard road ahead of me but its a decision that I made so it doesn't matter how long the road is. I blog daily and have a couple of people that visit it regularly and are a huge support base for me and for that I am appreciative, as I will take all the support I can get.

can someone point me in the direction that I need to go to get one of those neat O tickers for my signature? now that I have a weight to add to it I want one! lol, Thank you for reading and thatks to whoever runs this site!

As Ever
Me
the next success story
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:34 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Botzz, welcome to the site and I know you will find great support here. For me, I found looking at my weight loss goal in 10 lb. increments to be less overwhelming. I wish you the very best of success in your quest to be healthier.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #3  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

welcome Botzz! For a 3fc ticker just click 'quicklinks' and go to 'sig (signature) weight tracker'.. it should get you started.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Botzz - My experience with the scale was a bit similar because I hadn't been able to weigh in at the doctor's office for several years (it only went up to 350) and I had no idea what the number would be when I first stepped on the scale. I was also afraid that the scale I got might not weigh me. So, the number isn't great, but we all have to start somewhere. It is only down from here.

Looks like you figured out the signature. When I first put mine up I only had my short term goal. I couldn't look at my overall because it was too overwhelming to start with.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Welcome Botzz!

I know, in my experience it helped me to take things one choice at a time. You can do this!
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #6  
Kimmie

S/C/G: 365/ticker/185

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, Botzz.

I enjoyed your blog. You certainly are giving this your all!

Kimmie
FitGirlForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 381/tracker/175

Height: 5'9

Welcome!!!! I had the scale experience too but mine wasn't working and I thought I weighed 40 pounds less than I did. That was a horrible moment! You can do it just take it one day and one pound at a time!
AmbieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 323/323/145

Height: 5"8'

Welcome Botzz...I have just started on my WL journey also. The numbers maybe hard to look at but I think it is part of the modivation for wanting to be healthier.

As Lilybelle said it maybe better if you looked at 10 lbs goals.Its worth a try.
Raven78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:01 PM   #9  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

Thanks for pointing that out Val and thank you all for your kind words of support, my wife is super supportive of me and has been great, and I have to admit I read this site every day and have got a lot of good information on here!

237 lbs to lose to hit my goal of 275 is going to be rough but its something I have to do. I did set a mini goal for myself to get under the 500 mark, good Idea NotTheCheat thanks!

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #10  
Big Red One

S/C/G: 445/295/293

Height: 6'3"

Default Welcome Botzz

I was in your boat or at least close to it. I started at 445lbs. I knew I was heavy, but didn't realize I was that heavy.
The easiest way for me was to set small goals. Reach even numbers(475, 450, 425) stuff like that. My latest goal was to lose my sister(or at least her weight) It seems to make it more fun for me and a bit of a challenge. I have lost 102lbs already. If you need support, send me a PM and I will try and help.
Good Luck!
photoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #11  
Big Red One

Default Well since I can't PM yet...

Here we go. You asked me what I was doing to lose the weight. I am using Slim 4 Life. It has worked wonders for me. They seemed to be the easiest to deal with and I make all my own foods, not packaged foods that taste like cardboard.
Now, I am no expert, but can I give you a little friendly advice from looking at your blog and you food intake from day to day. Even though you have diet bread and small amounts of rice or popcorn, you really shouldn't be doing them all in one day. Plus, go to Fat free dressings instead of light dressings. Avoid butter or at least use light butter. I have about a teaspoon a day and that's it. And don't eat late at night. I work the evening shift, so my schedule is different than the normal 9-5. But I try not to eat anything after 7:30pm and I usually stay up till 2am every night.
All my weight loss to this point was through the program. I hadn't exercised one bit. But I just joined a gym to help tone up and aid the weight loss along.
I don't know what else to tell you. You do have a long road ahead of you, but you will not believe how much better you will feel and look in the long run. I wish you all the success in the world and please keep in touch if you need anything else.

Rusty
Old 01-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #12  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Botzz: Don't despair about where you have to start--the whole idea is STARTING.....

Welcome!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #13  

Talking

Welcome to 3FC, I am sure your going to love this place and find some mega support from others here!
Moosegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #14  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoguy View Post
Here we go. You asked me what I was doing to lose the weight. I am using Slim 4 Life. It has worked wonders for me. They seemed to be the easiest to deal with and I make all my own foods, not packaged foods that taste like cardboard.
Now, I am no expert, but can I give you a little friendly advice from looking at your blog and you food intake from day to day. Even though you have diet bread and small amounts of rice or popcorn, you really shouldn't be doing them all in one day. Plus, go to Fat free dressings instead of light dressings. Avoid butter or at least use light butter. I have about a teaspoon a day and that's it. And don't eat late at night. I work the evening shift, so my schedule is different than the normal 9-5. But I try not to eat anything after 7:30pm and I usually stay up till 2am every night.
All my weight loss to this point was through the program. I hadn't exercised one bit. But I just joined a gym to help tone up and aid the weight loss along.
I don't know what else to tell you. You do have a long road ahead of you, but you will not believe how much better you will feel and look in the long run. I wish you all the success in the world and please keep in touch if you need anything else.

Rusty

I think Rusty's got some great suggestions -- but I also want to say that all the changes you make have to be things you can do FOREVER. (sticking to a crazy strict diet for a year isnt worth it if all you're going to do is go back to old habits after the weight is gone -- ya'd just gain it all back)

I didnt go on a diet... I changed the way I live.... so I can eat anything, any time of the day as long as long as it's in moderation. And I eat as much as I can while still losing weight so I dont feel depreived. At the end of the day it's about calories in being less than the calories out.. whether the type of calories is carbs, fat or protein -- different people take different paths for what works for them.

Good to see your new tickers up too!

Last edited by valpal23; 01-22-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: I have a typo problem....
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:12 PM   #15  
Big Red One

Default Good point valpal...

We all know that the toughest part for us isn't losing the weight. In the long run, it's going to be keeping it off. I hope that all our suggestion will help you Botzz and make the diet easier for you. We are a big support group here and in only one day, I am realizing how great it is to have this website. I just wish that I knew about this 105lbs ago. Might have been even easier for me.
Good luck again with the diet.