Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 12:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1140

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 01:24 AM   #2  

I was able to get in to see my therapist tomorrow. I haven't been in about 2 months, so it'll be nice to get back. It's one of my 'goals' (NOT RESOLUTIONS!) this year...going on a regular basis again.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:50 AM   #3  
Sodredge "Just Google It"

S/C/G: 600/585/300

Height: 6ft 10.5 (7ft in shoes)

That is good to hear we all need someone to talk to time and again. I use to see one. In the end he said I was cured and was aggravated that I kept showing up just to use the couch. Hope your week rocks.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:15 AM   #4  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone

Yesterday was a good day. Hubby and i and our dog and the neighbors dog went for a 2.5hr walk and then last night I made it to aquafit. Today I am feeling the pain Food was pretty good too

This afternoon is looming and I get to go and get weighed in. Kinda nervous about that. I swore I would never see the 300 mark again. Blew that out of the water huh? Oh well. It will be gone in 3 weeks. I am positive of that.... Its easy to be positive at 615 in the morning. Its around 815 in the evening that my appetite and cravings take over. Maybe I should just go to bed at 7pm every night. That would solve my problem!

Tonight I start guitar lessons. I'll let you know if I have any musical talent whatsoever. I have only had a guitar my whole life.

Chow! Off to work!

Last edited by going to lose 200; 01-07-2008 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Morning Peeps

Once again I am glad Monday is here and I can be back to the norm - eating at home - going to work, etc. It will be a busy week here too but I like that as it takes away the boredom eating. I haven't been completely OP over the weekend due to social engagements so I look forward to fresh veggies, grilled chicken, etc. The choices have not been horrible just not what I'd like them to be.

Need to scoot - everyone drink your water today and move and little more than yesterday.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 01-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 335 / Ticker / 180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!
It was a pretty good weekend for me.. Got some housecleaning done that I've been putting off forever, cleaned out the fridge, made my menu plan for the week. Too bad school starts up again today I only have 1 online class for 6 weeks, but there's a research paper thrown in there somewhere, which I'm soo excited for. /sarcasm off

How was everyone's weekend? I go back to the clinic today for my weigh-in but it looks like -10.8 lbs. so far, since Wednesday 1/2/08. I'm pumped and definitely motivated to keep going, so that's a big step for me! Hope everyone has a wonderful week.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:17 AM   #7  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday Morning everyone! Just wanted to wish everyone a good Monday and a good start to the week! I'm personally glad the w/e is over! Urgh, it was long and because TOM started I think I was kinda mean to dh and then in turn he was grumpy and I blamed my awful w/e on him! Oh my, that TOM sure can mess with us!

Anyways.................have a great day girls!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:36 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning', strangers! Sorry I'm so bad about keeping up here--I'd lose track of my own head lately if it weren't firmly attached

Brenda--good luck with the guitar lessons!

We've been playing lots of the video game Rock Band lately--I play the drums, and what an upper arm (and left calf for the bass foot pedal) workout that is! Maybe I should take some real drum lessons--I bet I'd have awesome biceps/shoulders from that
Old 01-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Kayley -- Thanks for starting the thread!

Brenda -- I have been known to go to bed early to get away from the kitchen! Maybe not 7 pm!!

I'm feeling much better this morning and took the dogs on another walk -- gotta take advantage of the warm weather!!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Monday Morning!!

I too am glad the w/e is over. I did absolutely nothing except shuttle kids back and forth. This car situation is not a happy one for me. We have lived with only 1 car for 2yrs (2004-2006) and made out fine, but that was before The Prince started driving and crashing.

I hope everyone feels better soon! There are alot of "bugs" going around and the kids at school here are dropping like flies. I always have the Lysol ready when they pass by my desk!!

Have a Great OP Day!!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:33 AM   #11  

good morning everyone i am glad its monday which means a nice good clean start to the week.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Battle: Great job preparing all your food for the week.

Kayley: Glad you are feeling better. Congrats on -1.2 pounds. Way to go.

Heather: Glad you are feeling better! Hope your week is less crazy than you are thinking it will be.

Carol: Hi girl. Have a great week.

Sodredge: Welcome. I don't recall seeing you here before and just wanted to say hi to you. So glad to have you here. Everyone is so supportive, encouraging and caring. Welcome, Welcome.

Brenda: Good luck at your official weigh in. Taking guitar lessons is one of my "prizes" for meeting a weight loss goal. Let us know how fun it is.

Nicole: You are really rockin the weight loss. Great job.

jeanne: Sorry TOM is making you so grumpy. Hugs.

Jillybean: Good to see you around.

Donna: Have a great day.

Patti: Hi girl. Hope you are doing well.

Well, it is almost 7 and I need to get thinking about heading out the door. It is another snowy day here in Northern Idaho so I want to leave early enough. I had a great NSV this weekend. I have noticed that a lot of my underwear are riding up which usually means they are getting too big. They are not old panties so they are actually getting big and not stretched out. I decided to try on a pair of 22/24's just to see how they feel. Well, they feel super great. Not too small. I was so happy and thrilled to wear them without them being too tight. Just wanted to share. Hope not too much information lol.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 01-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #13  

Oh no.....I Just woke up, and I'm feeling absolutely HORRIBLE. I'm taking some Thera Flu, and hopefully this will be gone. Right now, I can barely move.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #14  

G'morning Peeps!

Ut oh Kayley, I hope you don't have the flu. Get feeling better soon!

Wow Annie, GREAT NSV!! I understand about the undie situation. I wore my old standbys until they started the spying (sneaking up on me) hehe.

TTFU, I agree, tis a clean start for this week!

Donna, sorrwy about your BumperCar problem and car situation. My sister has the same problem. Stay away from the bugs!! I hear they are worse this year.

Heather, yay for taking the doggies for a walk!! I bet they are some happy pooches too.

Jillybean, that is too funny about rock band and upper arm muscles. You guys must have been playing a while!

Jareanne, I'm just getting over TOM. Good thing no one else lives with me because I'd be pissy to them right before and during. Basically, they'd get one good week outta me a month... hehe.

Nicole, despite my weekend funk, I did get some house de-cluttering done too. Good luck on your WI!!

GGG, I was so NOT OP this weekend. I did write everything down, which is a first. I'm taking baby steps to getting back into the groove. I have a SALAD for lunch today.. w00h00 (said the veggie-hater).

GTL200, wow a 2.5 hr walk? I'd be feeling the pain too! I walked around IKEA yesterday for about an hour and that about did my hips in. Wow, guitar lessons! Go girl! That's one of the cool things I'd like to pick back up again in my "spare" time. That and getting back to playing the flute. Maybe even pick up the fiddle (I have my great great grandfather's violin). So many hobbies, so little time!

Welcome sodredge!! Good thing about my family is that we are so neurotic, we'd never be cured. We are a therapist's dream. I love em, but they drive me nuts! hehe.

I ate poorly all weekend, but wrote everything down. I'm back to getting my fluids in.. baby steps!! I have a salad for lunch and am prepared for today. I haven't DDR'd since Friday and even have some new PC songs I want to try out. We can do this!!

Hugs and luv to all!
Ratkity
Old 01-07-2008, 12:20 PM   #15  

good news from you Annie! THANKS RATKITTEN I AM IN A ONE HUNDRED PER CENT FRAME OF MIND THIS WEEK.. EVEN GETTING ON MY GAZELLE SEVERAL TIMES TODAY ALREADY.. NOT FOR LONG AT A TIME THOUGH JUST TAKING BABY STEPS!
Closed Thread