Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:26 PM   #31  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Catherine - So sorry you're hurt...away from home too. Yuck. Keep us posted. Really hope it turns out to be relatively minor and that all you'll need is a few days of rest.

LitChick - So nice to hear from you! I'm sorry you're struggling, but coming back here is a huge step in refocusing, even if the changes don't fall in place right away. Please keep coming. We miss you!

Heather - I've thought about pictures...I know how much I appreciate those others put up. I just HATE the way I look, even 160+ pounds lighter. I should be proud of myself more than anything, but I'm struggling with that. There's a generous dose of good old fashioned VANITY involved here, so don't feel too sorry for me! Also, denial. I think in my head I'm not a rather lumpy 40 year old who looks suspicioiusly like melting ice cream from some angles. Don't even get me started on the apron. GAWD. Apron. It's worse than 'malignant obesity'. Anyway, let me get a little farther and I'll try not to be so self absorbed and put up some damn pictures. lol

Battle - Oh! A dating site! I think that's wonderful. I've chosen the somewhat arbitrary number of '199' to think about joining a dating site. As if 35 or so pounds are life and death - I know I'm being silly. I've joined them a couple of times this year and left my no-picture profile up for all of 24 hours in both instances. I just wasn't ready, and part of that is still nursing some pretty deep wounds from the last person I fell in love with. Anyway, I'm rambling! Good luck, and be sure to come here and dish often. Often! And you can eat a whole lotta chicken without blowing things too badly...I'm sure you'll be fine for the day. And BTW? I think a girl who ingests nearly an entire fowl the day before Thanksgiving is definitely looking to get out of Thanksgiving. lol. I think you should do exactly what will make you happy tomorrow. If that means skipping the party, I think you should. The guest list is long enough that you won't be upsetting things I would think. Either way, have a happy day.

Debbie - Alas, I haven't quite lost 50% of myself yet. It's 10% of yourself at your current weight each time, so I've only lost 41.5% of my starting self. When I hit Onederland, I'll be 50% of myself. That is so weird to think about! Hope the rest of your day was good food wise...really happy to hear your honey will be home with you tomorrow.

Last edited by MetaChick; 11-21-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:43 PM   #32  
~Carrie~

S/C/G: 318/t/130

Height: 5'4"

hi all,
sorry to be gone for so long. I've been doing so so. TOM still hasn't left i hope it doesn't last a really long time like it used to. I've been having trouble motivating myself to exercise or to eat as i should. I know i really need to loose some weight but for some reason that simply isn't enough to make me put the spoon down. I'm having trouble with boredom with school. I only have two classes and then i have to wait a long time till i get a ride home because i don't have my license yet. So i have like hours of nothing to do. So i'm thinking about sewing homemade ornaments for my mom's tree. so i'll see how that goes. I'm whining again. I've been feeling kinda blah lately so maybe that is it. Hopefully all will start to get better soon. Hopefully TOM will leave soon because it's really quite annoying. Well if anyone has any helpful hints please pass them along all are appreciated. Well i''ll stop rambiling about myself now.
Battle- congrats you have alot of positive things going on in your life now. I hope all works out with the dating thing
Debbie- congrats on the loss.
Catherine-so sorry that you are hurting. I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by midnight92887; 11-21-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:46 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hey everyone,

I just finished in the chat room for the Bay Area NBC station (NBC11). They opened a special chat room to accompany their 5:00 news broadcast, which focused on holiday spending. They asked me to be the featured financial expert in the chat room to answer questions related to holiday spending. It was fun.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Battle: Congrats on all the NSV's you had. I am so happy for you being out of the Morbid Obesity Catagory. Way to go. I hope you have a love connection on the dating site. Maybe your Thanksgiving won't be all that bad. Hopefully it won't stink with all the kids trapped in one room.

Catherine: So sorry about your tumble! I hope you are taking it easy. Hugs to you.

Debbie: My job is going well. I am soooooo busy with the new job and company. I haven't worked in over 7 years so it is taking a toll and I am a bit frazzeled. Having company is not helping but I love them and it is nice to see them. On Saturday one of them leaves and on Monday the other one leaves so I will have my computer room back. Snow is supposed to be coming on Saturday night! Hopefully.

Carol: Woohoo on another -2 pounds. You are doing so great. I hope you have fun shopping on Friday. I'm skipping it this year.

Cyn: HI

Sandy: Thanks sweetie. How are you?

Heather: Oops. Sorry about my non-compliance on the exercise minutes. I will pay more attention next time. Congrat on the Student that aced the test. Must have a super teacher.

Meta: That is awesome 10% 5 times. Good for you sweetie.

Leslie: ohhh. Big hug and just jump back in here. I missed you. Thanks for the supportive words. Hugs to ya.

Xena: wooohoooo on passing that 30 pound mark. So great.

Patti: have fun on your new Gazelle. I sadly had to get rid of mine recently because I don't have any room for it and I was allowed to keep on piece of equiptment and I chose my exercise bike.

Well, Work is going great. There is so much to learn and I hope I retain all of it. I actually saw some clients today so that was nice to put things into action. I am really looking forward to working with the people I have met and help them achieve their dreams and goals. All of the people I work with are so nice and kind to me. It has made my transition back into working easier.

I have two of my sister in laws visiting here from California so that has been kind of hard to not be able to visit with them much except at night when I am so tired. lol. I have tomorrow off and I will cook us a lovely meal, hopefully, lol, and then we can visit and enjoy each other.

I hope all of you have a fantastic Thanksgiving and really enjoy yourselves.
Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 11-22-2007, 12:27 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Happy Turkey Day!!!!

GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE.... oh wait a minute....DON'T GOBBLE!!!!!
We all know what happens when we do that.
Have a great day!!!
Debbie
Old 11-22-2007, 05:00 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I missed a few days so I’m using ‘word’ like Annie told me so I don’t lose it, lol! (IT is SO easy, thanks Annie!!)
Annie so glad you are enjoying work, after 7 years it must be tiring, at least at home you can have a drink when you want or a sit down/nap. I hope to start work after 8 years of being a ‘mum’ full-time, Aiden starts school in January so I will be looking for anything that fits in with his hours. Good luck & I hope you continue to enjoy your work.xxxxxxx
Battle, mmm yes chicken, hardly the worst, probably the BEST thing to eat, protein, little fat and filling, lol. Just think it COULD have been doughnuts, pastries, crisps (chips) or Mc D’s!!! Joining a dating site is so exciting a lot of people I know; some of them on here;(past & present) met their hubbies/partners online. Enjoy it. The kids & Thanksgiving might not be SO bad, some kids are well behaved, or maybe even sleep after food, depends on how old they are. Congrats on being the ‘resident expert’ in the chat room!xxxxxx
Xena CONGRATS on the 10%, hey you have LOST not gained!!!!!! I bet a lot of that weight is muscle too, all that exercise!!!!! How many inches have you lost since starting boot camp, do you know?xxxxxx
Catherine, sorry about your leg, have you torn ligaments or broken bones? I hope you hubby is still spoiling you, lucky in a way you did it there at least they are experienced in leg injuries at the hotel & having a fall at a hospital is lucky! At least you weren’t stuck waiting for an ambulance in the snow for 30+ minutes!!! Though it does sound like something out of a comedy like Fawlty Towers, it still must be so painful and downright irritating! Heal quickly. xxxxxxx
Heather, students doing well in exams is ALMOST payment enough, lol You know you’re a great teacher, now you can smile & feel proud the students actually listened & paid attention to you! WTG on giving away most of the cakes, you’re certainly staying the course aren’t you? xxxxxxxx
Litchick, GREAT TO SEE YOU AGAIN! Any news or exciting events happened to you whilst you were ‘away’?xxxxxxxx
Carol, congrats on the loss, 2lbs every week for a year (with two weeks staying the same) = 100lbs, who’d sniff at that?!!! You keep it up, every pound off is an achievement!xxxxxxx
Patty/toofat…. I hope you’re going to take it steady, I remember Ammi saying how her feet hurt at first & how hard it was when she first got her Gazelle! How are you now?xxxxxxxxx
Metachick, WOWEEE!!!! I just checked out your ticker, you have done fantastically well!!! I know the ‘melting’ look, hey at least we look better in clothes now, soon we’ll be able to go into ANY boutique & get clothes!xxxxxxxx
Midnight, great idea on the craft stuff, I used to have to wait for a lift when I was at uni. I used to head for the library & read, either stuff related to work or some good old fiction to relax with. Can you do any homework there to save time? Xxxxx
Well I THINK I’ve covered everyone, lol! I met an online friend yesterday, we shared the same diet counsellor (though we don't use that liquid diet any more)& live 10 miles away from each other. It was BRILLIANT, a new shopping centre (mall?) has opened in Derby, ‘Westfields’, & we went around there from 11am-3pm and still didn’t get around all the shops! We had fancy coffees & she had a chocolate pastry, I had an almond croissant, hhmm, hardly South Beach fare!!! I got some extra bits for the boys at a fab book store, things were really cheap some only 10% of their original prices, I got a Thomas the Tank Engine boxed set which should have been 30 pounds, for 7.99! I got 2 lovely calendars & a big diary for SIX POUNDS (3 for 6 quid!!!) we were in that shop alone for half an hour. I also treated myself to a pair of huge diamante hoop earrings & a matching bracelet to wear on Christmas day as this year I am NOT WEARING BAGGY JOGGING PANTS & A T SHIRT!!! I WILL be dressing up, wearing makeup & being generally glamorous!!! I deserve it, even if I’ll be peeling potatoes & veg in high heeled boots I’ll look good doing it, lol!!!
xxxxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 11-22-2007 at 05:01 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:02 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Oh BTW HAPPY THANKSGIVING!xxxxxxxxxxxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 11-22-2007 at 05:03 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #38  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all who celebrate it!!! I hope everyone is safe and enjoys themselves tremendously today.

Sharon - I have not taken my measurements. I should though. I am happy to hear you are going to get all dolled up for Christmas this year. Be sure to take pictures!

Patti - I hope you enjoy your Gazelle.

Annie - Glad you are enjoying your new job. I am sure as time passes you will be more used to it and that "frazzled" feeling will ease up. Enjoy your company over the holidays.

That's it for me. Have to go get ready for Thankgiving now. Am spending it at a friend's house.

Last edited by Xena2005; 11-22-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:29 AM   #39  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Xena - I just realized I think I forgot to congratulate you on your WW milestones. Sorry! I'm really glad you surpassed all your previous efforts and made 10% at the same time. Way to go.

Hope all celebrating today have a great Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #40  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Happy Thanksgiving to all celebrating!

One thing I am SO THANKFUL for is this board. I really don't know what I would do without all of you.

Sorry I have been MIA. I have been having trouble, which of course is exactly the time I should be coming here, but alas. . .

Let’s see – what has been going on with me. Dance classes are great but they have one major problem. You can miss them. The traffic was so bad on I-95 this week that I missed two of the classes I tried to get to. I am hoping it was just holiday traffic with many people driving to get out of town.

I went to the doctor and asked for a prescription to Wellbutrin. I am having such a hard time staying on track emotionally and I thought it would really help me to get over whatever hurdle has me stuck where I have been for so long. She gave me the prescription, but my insurance didn’t cover it. I am hoping I can get them to change their mind, but it not this could get really expensive. That in itself was really depressing. What irony.

I am all set to start painting my bedroom. I have chosen “soft sand” which is a pinky taupe. I am just hoping it doesn’t come out too pinky. I have all my gear and as soon as I am done with breakfast I will get going. FYI on paint colors – Benjamin Moore has a cool feature on their website where you can add colors to different rooms. They also have software that you can get at their store to upload your own photos. I do have before photos though and will be sure to post before and afters when I am done.

I went to Whole Foods yesterday and bought a few items for dinner tonight. They had all the Thanksgiving items in their deli type section and you could get whatever portions you want by the pound. I decided that all I really care about is stuffing- to me that is the essence of Thanksgiving. Well, that and cranberry sauce. So I got small portions of each of those, a nice salad and I am going to cook some chicken. I did decide to splurge on some wine and also on some mini-pastries for dessert, but all in all since I am fully portion controlled it shouldn’t be that bad.

Anyway. . . I should probably get to work. I have a lot to do over the next four days! But I promise I won’t be a stranger.

Last edited by NotTheCheat; 11-22-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:15 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

Happy Thanksgiving All!! Sorry I dont know how to use those fancy grafics on here LOL someday I will learn.

BattleAx...WTG!! My friend was married for 14 years..her hubby left her for his new "trophy wife" she is 22 and he was 42 ANYHOW she met her new guy on a dating service online..and he is a wonderful man! And she does not miss the Ex hubby anymore. So good luck! I am sure youll find someone that clicks with ya.

Well family is comming Soon and I gotta get going...again all have a great day!
Old 11-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Nancy, that's a shame that your insurance doesn't cover Wellbutrin. Everyone's different, in terms of what medicines work, but I've had great success on Wellbutrin. It's actually only helped my depression a little, but it cut my insane cravings a ton. But yeah, it would be expensive without insurance. Ouch.

I'm a mostly lurking poking my head in here on Thanksgiving, so I can feel sorry for myself. I had emergency dental surgery yesterday (root canal), and I'm feeling pretty poor today. I ended up skipping Thanksgiving with the family -- wasn't up to the five hours of driving involved -- and may or may not make the day after festivities that are a more reasonable hour away.

So me, I'm having a PB&J sandwich right now for my Thanksgiving lunch. My mouth is still sore, but the painkiller makes me nauseas so I'm just sticking to Advil. Between that, eating (well, drinking, yogurt smoothies) only about 400 calories all of yesterday, forgetting my regular prescriptions in the dental chaos, and not sleeping well at all, I'm feeling a bit down. However, I took the prescriptions today, and the pain should die down today, and this PB&J sandwich has me practically orgasmic. Plus I have a (frozen) turkey dinner for tonight if my mouth is up to it, and I think it will be.

On the plus side, this remedied my concerns about overeating on Thanksgiving. And hey, if I was having a dental emergency, it's definitely better to have it while at home the day before Thanksgiving, than to have it 150 miles away from home the day of Thanksgiving. I'm definitely thankful for that!
Old 11-22-2007, 12:03 PM   #43  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Heather-I just wanted to post my excuse for not posting any exercise minutes this week
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ankle.jpg (29.5 KB, 20 views)
Old 11-22-2007, 12:54 PM   #44  

OMG Catherine!!!! ouchouch ouch!! Please take care of yourself (I know you are). Hopefully, the pain and the trama have reduced and you are feeling more like yourself.

Hugs to everyone! I'm still at the Outer Banks. Turkey is done and Tday dinner is about to commense. I haven't been on program, but have done at LEAST 3 hours of DDR per day (my 74 yo mom is addicted.. hehe) and 10 miles a day on the bicycle. I'll set up those minutes on the exercise thread when I get back! Phew.. I'm exhausted. hehe.

Hugs and Luv to all,
Ratkity
Old 11-22-2007, 04:23 PM   #45  
~Carrie~

S/C/G: 318/t/130

Height: 5'4"

hi all,
Happy thanksgiving

Today wasn't so bad. My brother in-law was here and he makes me a little self conscious(sp) so i didn't eat that much i had a little more pie than i should have but i made 2 out of three so i had to try my own work. well that's all for me for now

Catherine- poor you i hope you feel better soon.

Rat- is DDR hard? I want to try it. I am thinking about asking for it for christmas but i don't know if it's too much for me yet. I live a sedentery life so i have very little stamina. would you describe it as hard?

Last edited by midnight92887; 11-22-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Closed Thread