Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Smile 300+ Weekly Thread #1129

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #2  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Mornin' all!

Ratkity, I'll see your jealous of me for seeing Queen on the big screen in HD and raise you a jealous of Peggy for seeing them live!!! That would have been amazing...sadly I'm still in the small city where I grew up and it's not a large enough centre to bring in the really big names. Did you fellow fans know Brian May earned a doctorate in some kind of astrophysics thing earlier this year? He resumed studies he began before the band hit big all those years ago. I thought that was neat.

Well, I did get to move my ticker, but not as much as I would have before the 1.4 pound water weight (I suspect) gain between yesterday and today! But that's fine...great even! Water is really, really good for us. I'm actually thrilled. Right Ammi?

Amazon never fails to amaze me with their responsiveness and service level. I ordered a book on Soapmaking sometime Thursday afternoon and it was at my door when I got home on Friday, and I'm not even in a major centre. It's really a great book...exactly what I was looking for. I don't think I'll be able to find everything I need locally, but I found some essential oils and some of the base oils at a local natural food store, and I found an online candle and soap making supplier for the rest. I should be able to gather everything I need over the next couple of weeks and try it all out! I'm looking forward to it. I was really in need of a new hobby and this really appeals to me.

I'm really, really close to the weight at which I will no longer be morbidly obese (243.8). Hope to hit it and stay there sometime this week. Big exercise day today with skating at lunch and gym tonight. My gym times are fixed around my son's Y schedule and skating times are just fixed period. I'll have more flexibility to break it all up better when the outside ice surfaces are ready later in the year.

Everybody have a great day!

Last edited by MetaChick; 10-22-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sandy: I haven't made a night light yet with the gourds but, I promise to show a picture when I get done and tell you how. lol. I have an idea to cut a hole in the bottom and some tiny little star shapes or maybe even a couple larger leaves cut out, sand it, paint it, glue some feet on the bottom and stick a little light in there. Voila! I love crafts and saw something similar. One of the gourds that I bought is shaped exactly like an apple but way bigger. I think it would make a darling kitchen light.

Carol: Please read what I wrote above for Sandy about the night lights. Yum. Sweet potatoes roasted sounds delicious.

Patti: Hugs to you. I hope you feel better very soon.

Angie: Please don't miss your Grandma's birthday for anything to do with weight. Life is too short and you would be so angry with yourself for missing it. Don't you fret about my brother's memory. I promise I didn't get upset. I think of him every day and miss him so much but i just was trying to get you motivated. Hugs to you sweetie. Hang in there.

Heather: I'm so glad that your team won. I myself am a football fan so I don't much follow baseball, okay, I don't follow baseball at all. lol. So, I am pleased for you!

Ayah: Don't be hard on yourself. It takes a while to make a habit. It will come. Just keep on trying sweetie.

Donna: Please read what I wrote for Sandy about the gourd lights. LOL. Thanks for showing me how to spell it correctly too. lol.

Meta: Yeah to your ticker going down. I can't wait for you to get out of the Morbidly obese. What a great thing to work towards. I am so far away from it myself that I am concentrating on weight goals right now but I really want out of the Super Morbid obese stuff too. Hugs.

Well, My Dad is leaving today for home. He wasn't here a month but he has been here for a bit more than 2 weeks. It was nice having him around. The only thing I would change is he doesn't like leftovers so we have a frig full of them right now. Luckily my DH loves them. I am planning on going to the gym after he leaves. Hope you all have a great op and happy day.
Blessings,
Annie
Old 10-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #4  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Annie - do you know how close you are to no longer being 'Super Obese'? At 5.9 and a half, you are less than two pounds away if your ticker is accurate. You will no longer be super obese at 343.2 pounds!! So close! We can't forget how far we've come even though the road ahead is still long.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:45 AM   #5  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Good Morning everyone,
thanks so much dogpile and everyone else for the support and encouragement. You all are wonderful!
Well this is a new week and a chance to restart anew for all of us. We can do it ladies! I hope everyone has a good week.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:03 PM   #6  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Zelma – The comparison was absolutely a compliment – you are both gorgeous women! Better than a picture, here is a YouTube video of the performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp-Ng8Uywrw
You can especially see what she looks like at the end when the judges are making their comments.

I had one of my funk weekends, where I barely did anything. Ugh!!! I have to stop this! I think maybe what I need to do is just find a way to get myself to get up and out of the house on Saturday morning so that I am not tempted to first sleep late and then just lounge about. I watched hours worth of last season’s So You Think You Can Dance, which was rerunning on MTV. I find that show really inspiring and I did spend some amount of time while watching dancing along and also trying to hold balancing poses (standing on one leg in various positions), so I got some exercise. However, I really wished I would have pushed myself this weekend and gotten in extra, seeing as I was really trying to hit my 100 pound mark this week. With the lack of exercise, a (planned) chocolate indulgence, some wine and a meal at a Chinese restaurant, now I really don’t think I will make it. Add to that the fact that I am heading to my parents for a long weekend on Thursday night, and I am also starting my TOM it looks like it will still take awhile to get to my 100 pound goal. Argh!

I did find another thing to add to my list of enticements to shoot for. When searching for possible dance classes I discovered that the Alvin Ailey dance company in NYC has an extension program and does dance classes on the weekend for beginners in all different styles. I would love to take some interesting dance classes a bit further down the fitness road. It definitely feels good to have something to work towards in regards to fitness rather than just endless gym time.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Happy Monday everyone,

After a horrible week last week, I finally managed to get and stay on plan Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday, I went on an extra long walk, and spent the day cleaning. My bedroom was a disaster, and I'm sure that doesn't say anything good about how I felt or was treating myself. Now it is the sanctuary it needs to be. While I'm still up 4 lbs. from my ticker, yesterday's cleaning frenzy showed me that my increased fitness level is enabling me to be as energetic as I used to be.

Realist: think about how you will feel years from now when you look back on the missed opportunity of your grandmother's birthday. Will you feel regret? Or will you be glad that you didn't go because you felt too fat? I know what the answer is for myself. I made the effort even though I felt big and gross when my father turned 80. He's gone now, and I am so happy that I went to the party and shared that time with him. Not long after the party, his health took a major turn for the worse. This past Summer I went to a cousin's 50th birthday party and saw relatives I hadn't seen in many years. I felt fat, but you know what, my relatives were happy to see me.

Congrats to all the losers, and hugs to all the strugglers. I am convinced that the change of seasons is difficult for a lot of us as we need to adjust our habits and routines.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Meta: Hugs. Thanks so much on the info. I actually weighed in on Sunday morning and I was at 338 pounds. I won't change my ticker until Thursday though just in case there is a water flux. So, I am no longer super morbidly obese if that is the case. lol. Yeah me. Thanks a bunch for letting me know and for directing my path in the better way again.

Ayah: lol. I have to laugh you wrote thanks "dogpile" it is dogpal or Annie, lol. That made my day. I love to laugh. You are welcome. Hugs to you and hang in there.

Nancy: Hi girl. Sorry you feel like you wasted your weekend. I'm happy that you found out some dance classes are available though. Good for you.

Battle: good job getting back on track! Have a super good op week.

Well, my dad just left boo hoo. I love him so much. I will miss seeing him every day but I know my mom misses him too. Now, I will have no excuse not to get up every morning and work my butt off.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 10-22-2007, 01:01 PM   #9  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Just a brief check in on my lunch hour:

Although I started with great resolve this weekend, my eating was certainly not as good as it could have been. However, I got considerably more exercise in than usual, and spent hours outdoors in some INCREDBLY gorgous weather. Saturday there was a 4H party up the road from where my horses are, and instead of trailering the horse up, I walked him there and back myself. I spent much of the day Sunday power washing, sanding and priming my horse trailer and I love the sense of satisfaction I get from that project. The girls (9 & 13 ) who ride two of my boys came and helped.

I have so many things going on this week, I haven't had another chance to ride a solid horse and build any more muscle or confidence before my next ride on Gabriel, which will be Wednesday. It will be OK, tho - I'm no where near as concerned as I was before that first ride last week. I'm trying to make arrangements to board him at a different stable than the others - one with an indoor arena and lights so I can ride every night throughout the winter. How devine would that be??

It's so much easier to eat right during the work week. I'm back on track, and just continuing to try to stay focused that way.

BOSTON FANS - Congratulations! You know what to do next!!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:10 PM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Hello my peeps!

Just checking in. I am so happy to report that I had a completely OP weekend...no veering off course...good healthy meals and even some exercise!

I have a REALLY hard time with weekends. I like *structure*!! My weekends are anything BUT structured. <sigh> I am trying!! DH wanted pizza Friday night. I said NO! I said we have a freezer full of food and I need to lose weight and pizza all the time ain't gonna get me there! LOL!

RK...Queen was UNBELIEVABLE live in concert. Freddie sure was "da man"...that voice! I will now be singing Queen songs for the remainder of the day.

I am SO HAPPY that my Red Sox have won and will be in the World Series!!! GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!

to all of you. Hoping this week is a good one for everyone!

Last edited by Torister; 10-22-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I am decked out in Red Sox clothing today. T-shirt and my "lucky hat". My students sure noticed!!!!

I didn't get to celebrate much in 2004 (I was in China) so I plan to celebrate as long as they're in this thing!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #12  
Reclaiming control!

S/C/G: 337/siggy/185

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpal View Post

Ayah: lol. I have to laugh you wrote thanks "dogpile" it is dogpal or Annie, lol. That made my day. I love to laugh. You are welcome. Hugs to you and hang in there.
LOL!! Annie I am so sorry!! I was in a rush and didnt even think twice about it. LOL. I apologize
Old 10-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #13  

well i was right i do have bronchitus. i hope to restart my exercise in a few days. hope everyone else is doing well... thanks for the hugs Annie. gonna go lay down now for awhile take care.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:20 PM   #14  

Annie you are doing so great it makes me smile even when i feel bad!
Old 10-22-2007, 03:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Meta, There is a website www.candlecauldron.com that you can go to for soapmaking ideas and info. It's really a great site and I used to go to it quite often when I was into making candles. I think it's on the right side of the site that has the soapmaking part of it.
Wonderful news on the ticker movin' on down!!!

Angie, please go to your Grandma's 90th!! You will be so upset with yourself if you don't.

Annie, how nice you had that time with your Dad. I'm sure it means alot to you. I'm lucky enough to have both of my parents living on the same piece of land as us, but they have their own house. The gourds sound like they will be really cute. I didn't realize how many different things can be done with gourds.
Yay on not being super obese anymore...isn't that just an awful term? Have fun at the gym!!

Nancy, I'm with you on the dancing. I love to but I don't do it at all...even when we go out. I feel like everyone would be staring at my big butt, even though in reality I know they arent. I think my weight holds me back from doing so much and it's really just a shame. That's why I look up to you for getting out there and movin and groovin!! Keep up the good work and find that dance class!!

Battle, sounds like your back on track and what a lovely way to get going by taking a nice walk. I'm going to find a nice path along the river next year and plan on walking that alot. Just getting outdoors is such a boost to how I feel about myself. I'm glad your bedroom is your sanctuary again, I'm not one to keep my room clean either..bad bad.

Valerie, o that would be fab to move Gabe to a place like that to where you could ride every night. I hope you find the place of your dreams. I'm still so jealous of you for having a horse and if I lived closer, I sure would be bugging you to let me take care of him. I know they are a lot of work...but so worth it. Sounds like you accomplished alot this weekend. Good for u!!!

Peggy, you are doing fabulously my friend! I know you will soon conquer those unstructured weekends in no time. Yep, pizza is one of the worst things to eat with all those calories!! eek!!

GO RED SOCKS!!! WOO HOO!! Congrats to all you fans.

TFFU, hope you feel better soon.

I heard from my son last night. He called my Mom first asking her to ask me for the rest of their stuff but she told him that I would like to hear from him so he called. He didn't really say much, just that they would be in town next weekend and he would call later in the week to set up a time. I really didnt say much, just let him know I was happy to hear from him. When he comes over, I'm not going to ask where they live or whats his new number. It's very clear that he doesn't want me in his life right now, and I just want to make it a pleasant time while he's getting the rest of their stuff. One stipulation though, I'm going to tell him not to bring his in-laws with him...I won't be verbally assaulted again. Hopefully in time, he will come around.
I've stayed at the same weight as my ticker. Hopefully I will get to my 50lb mark this week if I can stay OP, which I plan on doing and the real magic number would be in two town!!
For those of you living in California, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Be safe and hopefully they will get the fires out soon.
Debbie
Closed Thread