Old 10-14-2007, 11:50 PM   #1  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Default Please drop kick me, slap me, whatever!

I need to get back on track, and quick. I've gained back ten pounds and now weigh 261 instead of 251. I am so damn mad at myself for allowing this to happen. Ever since Labor Day weekend, we've had family reunions and many food disaster events on the weekends.

I know better. I know I need to stop at one cookie......better yet, not have it at all!

What the heck is the matter with me? Where did my motivation go?

Time for exercise has been hard to find. We've had a couple of new floors put in the past couple of weekends, so my house is in an upheaval and my exercise space is taken up with stuff that had to come out of the rooms.

I can't walk outside anymore- it's just too damn cold for me and I've had two sinus infections since Labor Day weekend. Maybe that's a part of my problem- I haven't really felt well. Also, I had a slight problem with hemmoroids (sp?) for a week, so no walking in or out of the house. That has somewhat discouraged me, along with a non stop schedule since school has started with the kids and their everyday activities can be overwhelming.

Help me get back on track, please? I know I'm the only one that can change my eating habits and make time for exercise, but I need some encouragement right now. You've gotten me through so much in the past....I hope I'm not asking for too much for help again.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Steelslady; 10-14-2007 at 11:51 PM. Reason: spelling, gggggrrrrr
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Been there, done that, burned the t-shirt.

This happened to me last spring. I gained back 8 or so pounds and was very very pissed off at myself. It doesn't really help to stay upset about it, however... wallowing doesn't burn extra calories!!!

You have to take the bull by the horns and ask yourself whether momentary gratification is more important than your life and your health.

You also have to remember that the effects ARE reversible! You can lose those 10 pounds again!

It sounds like you've identified a couple of places that are problematic (food disasters and lack of exercise). Why not come up with a plan to combat these problems. Is there any other issue you can tackle easily? DO IT! Show yourself you're back in control.

So, this "kick-in-the-pants" entry ends with this: STOP feeling sorry for yourself and just DO IT!!

Hope that didn't hurt too much!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

I would love to kick you in the pants, but it appears that you've already done so! we've ALL been there. I had my "break" back in July. I gained 9 pounds! And like you and everyone else I was kicking myself pretty hard. I too was wondering where the heck my motivation went. I still don't know where it went.

I only know that I got it back, and I did that when I saw a picture of myself. For my 40th birthday my sister asked my guests to bring pictures of me and them, to look and laugh at. Well...when all the guests left and I really had a chance to look at the poster board, I noticed that my other sister brought a picture that was so awful that all I could do was stare at it. It is truly THE WORST picture I have ever seen of myself. I had never seen it before and had no idea why she would post it. What I do know is that I took that picture off the board and I carry it in my purse. There has been no better motivation (for me!)!!

I also find that making mini goals helps keep me on track. Try a Thanksgiving or Christmas goal. Maybe you can lose the 10 pounds by Christmas. I know it's hard. Even now, I say to myself..."You could have been at LEAST 9 pounds lighter!" But, what is done is done....SO, get off your back side, stop with the excuses and just do it!! Okay, so maybe there was some kicking left to be done.
Dyanm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:00 PM   #4  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I just wanted to give you a and a (you asked for the first one!)

I don't know really what to say, except that I think it is really important to focus on what we can do rather than what we can't. Can you throw in a WATP dvd at home in between kid stuff? The weekend eating issues will probably only continue into the holiday season. What can you do to plan to minimize the impact?

It is SO TOUGH pulling yourself up once you have lost that motivation. I know, because I have to keep doing it! I recently read an article in Men's Health magazine after someone recommended it to me about the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation. Real motivation has to come from within and that is what will really keep us going in the long run.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Dyanm1- i did something similar. someone snapped a picture of me at work with my camera (i was casting a film). i was mortified. i printed it out at 8x11 and taped it to my desk at home. and every time i think about a cookie i look at it and never want to eat again. lol
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote