Old 06-25-2007, 07:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again Weekly Thread #1112

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:15 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone! Off we go again! Stay positive!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #3  

well i am back from riding the highways with my hubby.. now its time to make a recommittment to eating better and exercise .. and boy its tough to start anew! congratulations to all who have lost and/or maintained and hugs to all of us struggling!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:20 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Morning chickies! Just checking in. I am already at work...ran out of time at home this morning. I am down 3 lbs this week.

Trying to get my morning exercise in every day as it is getting TOO HOT to even think about walking at lunch. I did go out and buy PS2 and DDR to do something different when it is too hot outside. I don't tolerate the heat very well and its all I can do to find my way to the chaise lounge in the back yard in the heat of the summer

Hope everyone has a great OP week. Congrats on the losses, maintainers and those who are jumping back on the wagon. BIG to those that are struggling right now. Hang in there!!
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:49 AM   #5  

G'morning all!

I did my morning scale sneak and the exercise is making me gain... yesyes.. I know this is normal AND temporary. *sigh*

Gratz Toris on your loss! *throws stars in the air and dances * So um, tell me about this PS2 thing and DDR. I heard about it and am curious.

*wavies at Misti and all the folks yet to post today~~~*

Luv,
Ratkitten
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!

Sorry I have been MIA but:

I AM NOW A MOTHER OF A HS GRADUATE!!!

It was a beautiful day and the party afterwards was so much fun. I ate horribly, and probably will do so for a while longer, as we have tons of extra food, but I am giving myself "permission" to do it, and will get back OP when the fridge has room for the "good" foods again. But I won't go longer than the rest of the week (maybe sooner!), so I don't damage all the hard work I have already done. Sammi's dance recital is this weekend , and my niece is comming to the dress rehearsal on Thurs, so if we still have alot left over, I am sending some home with her. (which I really should have done last night!! DOINK!!)

This is another busy week...especially Weds...I hope to hop on here to say hello here and there. My parents are here...and still know how to make me feel like a child. I guess it never ends! Scott and Andrew start their summer jobs tomorrow...of course it will be 90 degrees and they work for the school district grounds department.

Boy, for a quicky post, I did ramble on!!
Have a Great OP Day!
MamaBplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #7  

Donna -- Congrats on the Graduation! You must be really proud.

This is just a comment and you can feel free to ignore it, but... it sounds like you went off plan for a day or two for a special event and are continuing to do so. I find this is a recipe for a REAL disaster. The longer I am off plan, the harder it is to bring myself back on and the more damage control I have to do. I've watched a lot of people go off track and literally take months to get back on, and it starts just like that (and I include myself in that fine group!)... I guess the bottom line is, do you really need to continue to indulge?

Again, feel free to say "yes" and move on! I'm not wanting to be a nag...
Old 06-25-2007, 12:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 362/345/225

Default Happy Monday

Hi all, Robyn here. I am new to this site (just today) but I am feeling like today is the start of something wonderful. The sun is shining, the air is crisp, and I am ready To Do This Thing called eating healthy.

I put an intro bio in the appropriate "sticky" section; feel free to check it out. The short version is that I am again on the road to weight loss (but this time, I can do it!), I am an avid Prince fan, a voracious reader, a professor at a community college and a nonprofit CEO.

I'm very happy to be here, eager to give and receive the support we all deserve. I would love to get to know you all better.

Rob aka jewell0607
jewell0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:30 PM   #9  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

I am officially depressed. This week, eating about 1500 calories or so a day, I GAINED 2 pounds. Don't think it's water. I don't understand and this has never happened to me before. When I ate well, I lost. Period. On the heels of a few weeks of really slowed losses I can't believe the fear this is engendering. It's probably not particularly rational but I worry I will simply be unable to get down to a healthy weight.

On top of this my face has has some weird reaction to something - probably sunscreen - and it's all bumpy and rough. Not red, just bumpy and rough and irritated. I see my future and it's not pretty - a 297 pound woman with bumpy, rough skin. Forever! lol

Congrats on your loss Peggy, and a big congrats to the 'Mother of the Graduate'. I can completely imagine how exciting that must have been and how proud you are. A happy time for sure.

Welcome Robyn!

I'm going for a quick walk now.
MetaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Sharon: Oh, hugs hon. I am sorry about the gain. Yes, DH and I argue occasionally. I just got my feelings hurt over something stupid. Maybe I'm premenstral. lol. I do wish I could have my Dad's horses here so much. Right now I just wouldn't pile on the extra work for Joel to work even more hours to pay for horses upkeep. As it is he is working lots for my diet money. I do love to have my Dad's saddles though because I grew up using them and seeing them used by my dad. Hope your new diet is amazing for you. GOod luck.

Patti: Welcome back hun. Hope you had a blast traveling the country with your hubby.

Peggy: Whoop Whoop on another -3 pounds. Way to go.

Ratkitten: Hi there.

Donna: Congrats to you on your new HS Graduate. Sorry it is emotional for you. Hugs.

Well, I just got back from my first walk. I am so out of shape regardless of all the exercise I always do on the bike and in the pool and with weights. Walking just kills me. I am determined to not give up. We only did 15 minutes but that is 5 more minutes than I have ever done so I am happy plus the park where we walked is very mountainous. Up and down, up and down. I am determined to continue that same walk until I don't huff and puff my way throgh. lol. Hopefully by this time in a couple of weeks I will be adding more trails. The trails are nice and paved and there are benches every so often in case but thankfully I didn't need one today. lol. Now off to use my new weights, do abs, bike and swim. I mayb just get in 2 hours of exercise on Monday, Wednesday and Friday with the swimming and weights every two days.

I hope you are all op and having a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Annie
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Welcome Robyn: Glad you are here with us. This is a wonderful safe place and the people are so supportive and caring. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. I adore Prince too. lol.

Meta: So sorry hun. Hugs. I feel badly for you because I know what it feels like to be an absolute angel about eating right and exercising daily and still not loosing. Hugs again. Hang in there.

Blessings,
Annie
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:44 PM   #12  

Robyn -- WELCOME!! Glad you found us here!

Metachick -- I know it's so hard to eat well and see a gain, but it's impossible that's fat, and I DO think it's likely to be water. There are all KINDS of reasons we retain water.

Also, did you weigh at the same time of day you normally do? In the same "attire"? That can make a difference!

This is why we need patience to get through this. I am fond of saying weight loss isn't linear. Some weeks we are angels and gain, other weeks we eat crap and lose. It's because the changes we want to see (fat loss) take a while and because the scale measures ALL of us, not just the fat.

Chin up!! If you keep at it, you will see a loss I think!
Old 06-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #13  

Thanks for all of your kind words. I'm feeling pretty good, this first day of my new journey...your warm welcomes give me hope that tomorrow will be okay, too.
Metachick, I can totally relate to feeling discouraged when the scale doesn't move in the direction we want it too, especially when we know we've done our best. But you know what? You are AMAZING. You are discouraged yet what do you do? You go for a walk. I hope I have that kind of fortitude.

I vote you dance a jig for all you've done to date. Congrats on your achievement so far! Woohooo! There is so much more to come.

Robyn
Old 06-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpal View Post
Welcome Robyn: Glad you are here with us. This is a wonderful safe place and the people are so supportive and caring. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. I adore Prince too. lol.

Blessings,
Annie
Thanks, Annie. The caring side of this board is already coming through. And hey......If you ever want to talk Prince, IM me!!!
Old 06-25-2007, 02:07 PM   #15  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-My husband and I haven’t had a really good fight yet to get to do the whole “make up” thing. We’ve actually talked about having a fight just to get to make up, but we just don’t disagree about things enough. I also have a weight bench on the patio. That means I can only use it in summer around here. I don’t like using it when he’s around the house because he already has issues with me being stronger than he is. He’s an academic, and weight lifting isn’t something he’s ever done. I used to be a shot putter, and pushed all 600 pounds of myself around for 8 years in a manual wheelchair, so I have lots of upper body strength. That male ego can be very delicate. As to the walking, don’t feel bad about that. I had to start with just walking across the block every morning to read the headline of the paper in the corner box. Next I’d walk half way down the block and back. It took months before I could walk more than a few blocks. I looked like Frankenstein’s monster because I walked without bending any of my joints, and the neighbors were afraid I was going to fall, and more afraid that they’d have to help me get up.

Sue-We went to a big book sale at St. Vincent’s, and they had paperbacks for $1 and hardbacks for $2, so I knew that I would have to get a ride with a friend because there’s no way that I could bring that many books home on the bus. We bought over $50 worth. Our house is already decorated in library bookshelf motif, so now I just have to find room for the new ones.

Sharon-The Catholic church allows fertility drugs because that still allows for a “natural” conception, but not any kind of artificial means like in-vetro. They want you to have as many as you can, but only within the rules. At my age, and with my disabilities, there is no way that I’m going to be taking fertility drugs. I’m not saying that I wouldn’t be thrilled with a child of my own after raising other peoples kids for 30 years, but our lives would be easier if it didn’t happen. The women in my family have kids well into their 40’s, so I’m not in the clear yet by a long shot.

Peggy-You can come walk here, it got down to 9 degrees here last night (that ‘s 48 in American).

Donna-Congrats to the grad. When my foster son graduated, I was so relieved. I never thought I was going to get that kid through school. He wasn’t dumb, he’d do his homework, but just not turn it in. I agree with Heather about going off. When I plan to for a special occasion, and there is nothing wrong with that by the way, I just find it is so hard to get back on the horse. That is the problem that I have had since getting married. We seem to have one occasion or trip after another, and the time after, and the time before, started to touch to where I was off more than I was on.

Robyn-Welcome, hop right in and join the party.

Meta-Been there done that. I once had a plateau of 18 months, and 6 months, and 3 months. I survived the 18 months simply because at that point in my life I really hated myself, and staying on the diet religiously, and not losing weight is horrendous, so sticking to the diet was a way of punishing myself. Now that I no longer hate myself, they are lots harder. The two main ways that I have broken plateaus is totally changing my diets by either learning a new ethnic cuisine, or doing liquid or something for a while, or by simply increasing my calories to make my metabolism kick a bit.

I just came in from sweeping up our parking lot. At 3:30am last night someone dropped off a stolen car, and proceeded to break it apart with baseball bats. I heard this banging, and since our unit is ground floor in the back, I thought they were breaking into our storage building. I screamed and ran to the window. They took off. Without my glasses all I could tell was the car was red/maroon. It could have been a mars rover for what I could see. They took off quick. The car they left is a minivan that all the windows were broken out of except one. I guess I kept them from getting the last window. They came back a few minutes later to slash the tires because I heard the woosh noise. They only did the two on the otherside away from our windows so I wouldn’t see them. They owner is coming to have it towed later today. The column wasn’t smashed, so whoever did it had the key. Sounds like an ex, who still had keys taking some revenge. There’s glass everywhere, so I got the push broom out so no one would get a flat when they came home from work today. Just a little excitement. All the neighbors have been out looking at it and taking pictures. I feel sorry for the owners. I guess I’ll get to meet them later, and may get the whole story.
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote