Old 04-26-2007, 12:09 PM   #1  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Default Help.. Ankle edema

Can someone please tell me what's going on. One of my ankle's is swollen. This has only happened to be before when I was pregnant. For 3 weeks now, I've been walking a mile everyday, driking at least 2 1/2 liters of water, cutting down my salt, and only 1 diet dr. pepper a day. I'm on SB phase one. Has anyone else had this? What am I doing wrong or what can I do???

Any help would be awesome..
Holdensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:29 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Liz is the other one not swollen at all? Is it your left ankle? My ankles are so screwed up from sprains playing volleyball and softball for years that one is slightly larger than the other, but when I retain water, usually before TOM arrives or when I eat high sodium foods they both swell.

You might want to give your Dr. a call and run the scenario past them.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:33 PM   #3  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the reply. Yes it's only in one ankle... I didn't injure it. I'm just so confused. Maybe it is tom... I have pcos so I never know when tom is.... I guess if it doesn't go away soon, then I will call the doc...

Thanks for the help..
Holdensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I'm certainly not a Dr and not qualified to give medical advice. However, I do know that one extremity swelling disproportionately to the other could be indicative of a blood clot. I would definitely recommend a Dr. checkup to rule that out!

Good luck!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #5  
45 lbs down!

S/C/G: 278/232/199

Height: 5'6

I saw your post from the homepage and had to reply because I had the same problem last week. I had been on my feet all day and by bedtime my ankles and feet were all puffy. So, I did the same thing I was told to do during pregnancy, I slept with my feet propped up. Worked out great! However if it keeps up or is painful I would definitely check with a Dr. Good luck!
TammyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:05 PM   #6  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

At my highest weight I had major leg and ankle edema problems and my doctor was able to prescribe a diuretic that helped out a lot. I concur with the others to go to your doctor about it.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:36 PM   #7  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

I have a lot of problems with my right ankle, but it's also the ankle that I shattered almost 3 years ago. I could likely benefit from a diuretic, but at the moment I am able to (mostly) control it on my own. I drink lots of water, limit my sodium, and that helps, but what really helps is to make sure I sleep with a pillow under my legs/ankles, and to wear tighter shoes. If I go barefoot for a couple days, my foot & ankle are huge. Even socks help a bit.
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote