Old 04-15-2007, 05:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

Height: 5'6"

Default New to the site

Hi, my name is Amanda and I just joined here after lurking for a few days :P I thought I should introduce myself. I have been overweight all my life and am currently about 310 lbs and 24 years old. I can't be sure as my scale doesn't go above 299. I've never been able to lose weight before, I don't know what's wrong, I just seem to give up *so* easily. I was comforted to find a site like this one where there is a group of people who need to lose 100+ pounds. I feel so down all the time about my weight, seems like I just can't get the hang of eating I look forward to talking to you guys, and hopefully losing some weight! right.

Last edited by Kitsey; 04-15-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Kitsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #2  

Hi Amanda!

I am new to this site too, but am not new to dieting! I have been up and down on the scales so many times I can't even count that high. LOL
Anyway, I hear you about giving up so easily...I too have that problem as do many people who have as much to lose as we do. Please take this from me though...do it now while you are still in your 20's. I have about 8 years on you -which in the grand scheme of things isn't a whole lot, but I can tell you that it does get harder to do the older you get - plus the weight is easier to put on the older you get!
I started on this journey on 1/8/07...am down about 20 pounds, and believe me I had to fight hard for every ounce! I even had a 5 week period that I didn't lose a thing!!! But, I kept going and broke through and am starting to lose again -you can too!!

And one of the things you may want to try is to set smaller goals for yourself so the end doesn't seem so far away, know what I mean?

Good luck!!!
Jennski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #3  

Hi Jennski! Thanks for the welcome! Great idea about a smaller goal, I changed my ticker to reflect a mini goal. I have a little piece of paper on my desk that roughly counts down my weight by 20 lbs, I figure each time I get to one marker I should have a little "non-food" reward. First goal at 280 is an art book. lol

Thanks for the advice, I do realize it will only be harder the longer I wait, and I'm at a point now where I think if I don't do something I'll probably end up with at least pre-diabetes or something, I've already noticed my knee and back giving me some trouble!

*Major* congrats on losing 20 pounds already! That's wonderful news! And to make it though 5 weeks with no loss? You are amazing for sticking with it!

(forgot to save new siggy :P)
Old 04-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hello Amanda and Jennski You have definitely come to the right place for all the help and support you need along your weight loss journeys.

Jennski - well done on your weight loss so far, and you gave brilliant advice to Kitsey about setting small goals. It really helps doesn't it having small goals to aim for because each time you reach those goals you feel so good about yourself and your achievement!

Amanda - I love the non food reward you are giving yourself for when you reach 280. Have you chosen the book you want already, or will you go looking once you get to that mini goal?

Take care both and I hope you post often.

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #5  
cool breez

S/C/G: 262/262/200

Height: 5"4

Thumbs up new to this site

Hi I'm Sandra and i'm new to this site and i'm in Chicago il
coolbreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:01 PM   #6  

Hi Ammi! Thanks for the welcome! I actually already have my book picked out, an art book on drawing people I have it and my other 'rewards' saved on my Amazon wishlist! That way I can look at them-lol

103 pounds lost Ammi? Forgive me while I stand here with my jaw dropped. Fabulous! Congrats! What an inspiration

Hi Sandra! Nice to meet you