Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 08:49 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I kind of fell off the face of the earth. Sorry about that. I have been in total apathy the last few days. Not sure if its that my foot still hurts; allergies; or that on Tuesday I have to tell 7 people that their jobs end this year. I've already lost two at the end of March. I haven't been exercising and I'm starting to let eating slip. I did get on the scale this morning so I've faced reality and ready to keep working at this.

I need to go finish getting ready for work and make this a good OP day. Have a great day ladies!
Old 04-09-2007, 11:30 AM   #77  

Smile Monday!

I really dislike Mondays. LOL! Of course if you had an eating sort of day yesterday, Mondays are always a good day to start over? How was your Easter Sunday?

We stayed home and made dinner for my Mother. We brought her home for the day. Not a good idea. I hurt myself trying to help her to the bathroom. It took me and my DH to get her in there. Her legs just won't hold her up. By the time I got her on , cleaned up and diaper back on I was exhausted. I won't be doing that again except on her birthday, and hopefully there will be some younger, stronger people here to help. Today my left arm is hurting so bad I can hardly move it to do anything. My neck hurts too, not sure why that hurts. LOL! She didn't want to eat anything either. I tried to feed her and by the time I was through with that I wasn't hungry. All in all it was a failure. Made me feel so awful. I think I spent most of the night crying my eyes out about the situation.

I try to have a positive outlook, but there doesn't seem to be a bright side.

Terri, I am so sorry you are in a funk too. Move over hon, there are several of us that need to join that party. Actually we should be trying to find a better state of mind huh? Maybe we can get back on track. I will try if you will?

Lilion, Good luck with the painting, I am still getting up flecks of paint that my DH dropped off of the drop cloth after it dried. They are almost as hard to get off the floor as the wet paint would have been.

Valerie, It was good to see you back. If being strictly on program is a requirment for posting here, I have a feeling this would be a lonely place for the most part.

Karen, Sorry about your friend. You are not responsible for what happened to him. Blame the bad guys. They seem to be everywhere now and at all times of the day and night, there are no safe places anymore.

Bearcub, I like your idea of carrying a card to remind you why you shouldn't eat. I need one stuck to the fridge door, or maybe on the end of my nose! I do tend to forget from time to time.

Wyllen, Hope your knee is feeling better.

Rosebud,

Welcome Rita and Dyan,

I am off to rub my hurting arm with something for muscle pain. Ouchie! Take care, Ruth
Old 04-09-2007, 02:22 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Thank you for the welcomes ladies! I've always enjoyed this site, but when you start to get off track, it gets harder to come back, ya know?

I've been sick for a week now. Stayed home from today because this cough kept me up most of the night, and I woke up with neck pains and a headache. I just couldn't seem to get out of bed and the thought of working out - wasn't happening. I may work out today, if I feel up to it.

I've been having stomach issues the past few days too. I have no idea what is wrong w/me. The 10 pounds I gained during TOTM is still hanging on. It's so bad this month that I had to put on a ton of lotion in order to get my rings off. I've been staying tried and true to my plan (calorie counting, 3 liters of water a day, and working out), but I does get very discouraging. In the past, I would gain at TOTM and within a few days, the water weight would disappear. But this time it hasn't gone anywhere and I finished a few days ago. My lifestyle change began the end of January, and I haven't done anything drastic to cause this.

I'm sorry to be whining, I'm just getting frustrated!
Old 04-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #79  

Goodness! I go away for a few days and everyone else does too! Our thread is so slow these days. I hope it's from everyone being so busy with their lives they haven't time and not for other reasons.

Just a quick post from me all the same.

Terri - I so hope you start feeling better. I'm having a bit of apathy myself right now. I know yesterday has to have been really hard on you! I know that your employees know that these changes aren't your fault and you have no choice in being the bearer of bad news. Wish I could help.

Ruth - I'm so sorry your weekend with your mother went badly. I'm sure she was glad to get out and about just the same. I think you are so very wonderful, I wonder often how I would have coped had my parents lived to very old age. I'm rather ashamed to say, probably not too well.

Dyan - I hope you are starting to feel better. It's so hard to stay on track with illness.

As for me, my weekend was very nice and incredibly fattening!!! We went to St. Louis and stayed in a nice suite for our anniversary, went to the Funny Bone. Had more beer than I should and fattening food at 10 p.m. at night. I'm finding it hard to care. I am trying to get back on track...but haven't found a lot of interest there either, except for not wanting to regain. I'm thinking motivation will finally come if I keep plugging away. The I.M. is sitting sad and lonely...at least it has the Bowflex to keep it company.

Time for my first hearing. I hope you all have a lovely day!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #80  

Smile Good morning!

Hello chickies, not much time this morning....things to do, places to go. LOL!

Lilion, We have become a slow moving thread, yep. I think a lot of us older members (not age!) have neglected to post often and that is a shame. I am guilty of that myself. We get busy with other things and that is understandable. I know I should make the effort to get here more often. I DO miss our absentees, Don't you? When people you have connected with quit posting, it doesn't seem the same.

Speaking of which, Terri you are our anchor here, where are you? Come out of that funk and let us know what is happening with you

I wish I had time to say something to everyone this morning, but I have got to get myself showered and dressed to go take care of some business. Have a wonderful day everyone. Later, Ruth
Old 04-12-2007, 08:12 AM   #81  

Hi ladies,

Wow, can't believe its Thursday already. Not that I am going to complain but the week has been a blur.

I've been printing out tax returns this morning. Since I live in one state and work in another, I can only e-file one. Of course, I e-file the one with the refund. And I NEVER print the other one and mail it in at the same time - yep, procrastination. Its not even that we're delaying paying - just too lazy to do it at the time. So that is my goal for today. Get the file and mail copies printed for both mine and my brothers. But of course, the man in the printer just said that black ink is low. How would he like a punch in the nose?

We have put in for adopting more dogs. And I did say dogs. DH found the cutest black and tan coonhound pups that need a good home. They would be perfect for outside dogs. You can't get more country that having coonhounds. We had to do the application, vet check, references ets. The rott adoption wouldn't consider us until our dogs had been together for several more weeks. Wouldn't even do the ref and home checks until they determined it had been long enough. In the meantime, they adopted out the one that I wanted. Who knew that trying to give dogs a good home would be almost like adopting a child from a foreign country? I can buy them with less hassle. But that isn't the point.

So starting on Monday, I will be out of my funk and rut. I WILL be back at the exercise. No excuse. Just gonna be that way.

We've made arrangements for Spanky, the biggest horse, to go to a trainer the first weekend of May. Ginger is going too so that Spice will get weaned. With my foot problem over the last two months, I haven't been able to work with them like I want. Which has contributed to my funk because I WANT that outdoor activity.

Work has not been fun this week. Tuesday was a day of tears and horrible guilt for the people. I was so emotional when I had to address the "retained" group and they realized that a lot of their peers and sometimes teammates were not in the meeting. The look on their faces as they realized that it meant that there was another meeting going on for the "impacted" group was awful. Our group cried and talked more than the impacted group. Then yesterday, several are choosing to act in hostile manner so that pretty much helped us move right on from guilt to being back to business and that is that we have jobs to do. We'll give them until Monday and then we'll have to have little heart-to-heart talks. Act professional or we'll end your career now and you'll lose your severance package. But the burden is off my mind. People know. I can move on and get back to whatever normal will be. We'll have more sad days as people leave but it won't be as bad as the initial announcement.

Okay, so that is what is going on with me. Oh, and I'm going to spend the weekend with my sister in Springfield, MO. We're cleaning her garage (I didn't make her clean when she was up here) and getting pedicures. Just having fun like we haven't done in several years.

I see another foot doc on 4/17. Can't wait.

Got to run. Have a good day!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:31 PM   #82  

Thanks for the welcome Lillion. I am feeling much better. Still have the cough, but am not too worried about it. I went and got some lab work done, and let me just tell you. On paper I am the picture of health! Well, except for my high B/P. Which was 140/92 when I went to the Dr. I had run out of my meds a few weeks earlier. I had every intention of getting my refill, I even called it into the pharmacy...but w/ 4 small children, a husband and a full time job, I just couldn't seem to find the time. Well I made the time and I am feeling so much better. I even dropped a few pounds from the water retention. YAY!!

Lillion, I so want to be where you're at. My highest weight was 320 and I got down to 267 before I had my gall bladder removed and everything went down hill from there. BUT, I have a mini goal set and I'm sticking to my guns!

I wish I had time to comment on everyone, but as we all know life is hectic. I'm at work on lunch at the moment and it's about to end. Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #83  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Finally Checkin' in ...

HI LADIES ~ ~ so sorry to be MIA (I don't even remember what day I last posted). I have good days and bad days; and last week I had both; I think we all have issues and problems that come up that cause us stress; and our weight can reflect that ~ I think (at least for me).

Stress is a big problem for me; I suffer from anxiety when I'm too stressed. I'm sure some of you could relate. I have to learn to not let things bother me!

Last Saturday, I crushed my hand taking our turkey out of the freezer, so I'm having a little trouble typing (it's taking a very long time). It's still black, purple, and kinda greenish; but when the swelling goes down, we may have a better idea if it's broken or not. I just pray it heals well.

We went visiting and shopping a couple of days. I was sick in bed with flu on Monday and my pc was on the fritz on Wednesday; but, I finally got it fixed up today. I figured some of you might wonder where I went; and I'm grateful for your concern.

to RITA ~ we understand how you feel; I've lost weight before and gained it back. I realized that I had to find a more balanced plan that I could stick with; find ways to replace emotional eating; and, that I simply CANNOT GO BACK to eating in an unhealthy way, if I want permanent success. Well, it sounds good on paper; living it is my desire ~ God paleeze give me the strength!!!

HI RUTH ~ glad your wit is still with us!
WELCOME BACK to VALERIE AND DYAN (kind of new to me though)!
TERRI ~ we can all relate, at least a little; we are sorry that you are having so much trouble at work right now; it is a difficult time for all!
HEATHER ~ know about knee strain; mine is working better for now; and hope yours is soon.
LILION ~ funny about the machines keepin' each other company ~ LOL!
BEARCUB ~ large-size scales are hard to find; we checked all our stores the last two weeks and no luck! I'm going to have to order one.

Well, that's all that's going on here; not too exciting. I spent the day watching my birdies as a new blanket of snow fell. It was windy and cold here; but, it's supposed to get better by the weekend; I knew March was just too good to be true! So, take care; and keep on, keepin' on, Ladies ~ your fellow encourager ... ROSEBUD.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-13-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #84  

Smile Friday the 13th!

Good morning chickies, I am not really supertitious are you? anyhoo I don't think I will walk under any ladders today.

I am busy, busy trying to plan my Moms b'day get together. I think I can plan on about twenty eight people at least. I am trying to plan some finger food...any brillant ideas out there? Scares me to think of all of that good food that I shouldn't eat. I am sooooo weak. I know I can fix a veggie tray and dip, but do you think I would eat that when there is all of that other stuff, Nah! Probably not!

Sorry this is short again, but I have to go and work on my grocery list so I don't forget anything. My brain only works part time these days, and lucky to have that much function! Ruth
Old 04-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #85  

Hi ladies,

Just here to say that today is officially the end of my funk. I'm off to see my sister this weekend. I need a good sis weekend. I've made her promise that food won't be a bust because she's trying to lose weight too.

Hi to all! I promise to be a better poster next week too.

Have a great and OP weekend!
Old 04-13-2007, 09:59 AM   #86  

Good Morning Ladies!

Ruth! I totally forgot it was even the 13th until I read your post... I have some pretty good munchie recipes - I'll post them on the recipe thread.

Terri - You have a wonderful trip and enjoy yourself!

Rosebud - I'm sorry to hear about your hand! It reminded me of the Mythbusters episode I saw on whether you could kill your pet by accidently dropping a turkey on him! (Don't worry, they didn't use real pets!) I hope it heals quickly!

Dyan - mini goals are very important! Don't keep thinking about losing 100 - that's overwhelming. Think about 10 or 20 - that's doable. Then you just do it again, and again and you'll get there!

Got to run! Hope you all have a Happy Friday the 13th!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 11:28 AM   #87  

Default Good Morning!

Morning Ladies!

Holy Heck....I'm really starting to feel good. . My B/P meds are kicking in and I'm finally losing all this water weight I gained. I'm down another 4 pounds. I'm sure you can imagine my dismay when one day I got on the scale and it said 276 and then 4 days later it said 286 it got back up to 295, but that only lasted a day. The 286 hung around for about 2 weeks! . Talk about discouraging. I couldn't believe I had gained 10 pounds (albeit water) and kept it for 2 weeks. But today, life is good. I'm actually wearing a pair of pants I haven't worn in 5 years (after my previous weight loss). .

I am slowly getting to know you ladies and once I get better at the names I will definitely send out my shouts to each of you. I was a really talker back in 2002!
Old 04-13-2007, 11:38 AM   #88  

Default yummy!

thanks Lilion, the recipes sound delicious!
Old 04-14-2007, 11:11 AM   #89  

Smile Hello chickies!

It is a pretty day right now, except a little on the cool side. We are supposed to get that rough weather they are having west of us by tonight. It makes for a restless night. I hate it when the stroms hit after dark. I don't know why but it seems much worse.

So what are all of you hens doing today? Something exciting I hope, cause you aren't here.

I don't have much to share today, but I did promise to try to post more often, so here I am. Now that I am here I can't think of anything to say. LOL! Everybody have a wonderful weekend! Later, Ruth
Old 04-15-2007, 01:46 PM   #90  

Default Problems with posting

Why do I have problems posting sometimes? I am logged in and when I try to submit my reply/post, it tells me I'm not logged in.
Bearcub

Last edited by Bearcub; 04-15-2007 at 01:50 PM. Reason: add weight tracker
Closed Thread