Old 03-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #16  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

Fit into the size 26 skirt I haven't been able to zip up for over a year. WOO HOO.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:03 PM   #17  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Now I can

(1) Buckle a seatbelt on an airplane
(2) Climb a flight of stairs without getting winded.
(3) Walk a mile without feeling exhausted

Soon I will be able to:

(1) Ride on a roller coaster again (I love them!)
(2) Jog a mile without collapsing
(3) Throw out my 3X's
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Height: 5'6"

Oh what an awesome thread!
I am just getting started but this makes me so
happy!!! I can get into my car and not hear the horn BLAST!!!!! I can lean forward to manipulate the switches and not have the horn BLAST!!!!! I can turn the wheel and not hear the horn BLAST!!!!!! I can make a quick stop and not have to hear the horn BLAST!!!!
In fact my tummy is not any where near that BLASTED horn BLASTER now!
Praise the Lord!!!!!!
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:18 AM   #19  
kazz

S/C/G: 375/322/167

Height: 5"9

*walk up and down stairs with limited or no knee/ankle pain
*do 300 steps on the stepper in one go !
*go to the cinema (i fit into the seats now !)
*get out of cars easily
*can get by on 7-8 hours sleep per night
*oh and i learnt i can cook which is a nice lil bonus !
kazzsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:34 AM   #20  

Oh my goodness! I just found out this morning that I CAN REACH AND TOUCH MY FEET AND TOES NOW!!!!! I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I haven't been able to do that in a very long time.
Oh Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!
This makes me feel like danceing!
That is one of my physical goals, to be able to get out of this wheel chair and off this oxygen and DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!
I know it is going to happen. I am getting around better and better. Soon I won't need this wheelchair or oxygen anymore. I just had a Doc appointment and he was very happy and impressed with my whole attitude and goals. He thinks I can do it too.
I know God is helping me and he will also empower me to stay the course, so long as I cooperate with Him and never give up. Well Happy Easter Everyone!
Your new friend, Gwyn
Old 04-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #21  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Kazz - that gives me hope! I am so hoping that weight loss with relive me of much of the knee pain and instability that has developed over the last couple of years. I have been near or over 350 pounds for over a decade, and it's really taken a toll. I used to take long walks for exercise even when I was really heavy and I've lost the ability to do that freely, and it breaks my heart. Stairs are an absolute killer, especially going down. I often go down sideways, both feet on one stair a step at a time like an 90 year old woman. I don't feel so unstable going up, but it hurts.

I recently read that for every pound you lose, 4 pounds of pressure are taken off your knees.

http://health.dailynewscentral.com/content/view/1362/62
MetaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:30 AM   #22  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Gwyn - I know exactly how you feel! Everytime I tied my boots this winter I'd take simple pleasure in being able to bend my body down and reach with ease. Something that I could not do at all the winter before...I don't think my boots were tied properly even once. It's an awfully difficult feeling losing access to yourself.
MetaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:22 AM   #23  

Oh you are so so right. Because I am now very real with myself, I have nothing to hide from God, or from my new friends. I have always been very felxable, I find it very funny that I can sit on my bed and reach my feet and toes, but when sitting on the potty I have to use a reach tool! I am really looking forward to losing that thing for good! Along with my wheelchair and oxygen tanks. It is also so funny that a year ago I would have rather DIED then tell that to anyone. Let alone the truth about my weight!
Geee what freedom healing up on the inside brings. I give God all the glory for it too. He was always willing to work with me, I was the stubborn one. hahahaha
I just love this support! I am going to make it, YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE IT! WE WILL DO IT TOGETHER!!!!
We can do all things through Christ!
Love your new found friend, Gwyn
Happy Easter!!!

Last edited by Gwynditmars; 04-08-2007 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Mis spell