Old 03-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Default What do you love about 3fc?

I love so many things about 3fc and wondering about others...

Most of all, I love knowing I'm not alone. From others with a lot to lose to the maintainers keeping it off to calorie counters to people interested in nutrition, there are others like me in so many ways!

I also love the accountability!! And the support...

Okay, I could go on, but what about you?
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:04 PM   #2  

I love the support and wealth of shared information. The biggest thing I love about 3FC is it gives me hope. I used to fall into the trap of thinking I will always be very heavy and never lose weight. I realize now that even if I mess up for weeks or a day I need to just keep going/trying. And seeing all of the losses whether its 1 pound or 200 pounds lost gives me hope and helps me to not give up. I just love everything about this site!

Last edited by mechell81; 03-02-2007 at 06:53 PM.
mechell81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #3  
Hardworking Chick

S/C/G: 334/321.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Default Top 10 things I love about 3FC

How do I love thee, 3FC? Let me count the ways:

1. I love knowing that other women are on this weight loss journey with me. I am not alone.

2. I love the unconditional support found on this site. No questions, no judgments. Just compassion and good advice.

3. I love the wealth of information available on these boards. Everything you've always wanted to know about health, diet, nutrition, etc. can be found here.

4. I love that everything here is FREE - No fees to pay for use of this wonderful site. Where else can you get the services of therapists, dietitians, nutritionists, meal plans or weight loss plan comparisons for free?

5. I love the tools provided - goal tracker, BMI ticker, weight-loss chart, BMI calculation link, and multiple links to useful websites.

6. I love the goal-setting mentality: the monthly/seasonal/holiday challenges really spur me to stick to my program and achieve results.

7. I love, love, LOVE reading the real-life stories of successful weight loss. Meg, Glory87, Hippie Van Lady, and CHARLES -- your stories inspired me beyond words.

8. I love the constant positive reinforcement that using this site every day provides. Even if I just check in to see what's new, I am reminded daily of the reasons why I chose to make this weight loss journey different from all the others.

9. I love all the recipes, suggestions, tips, helpful hints, etc. from members who've been in the trenches and paved the way to make it easier for the rest of us.

10. I love that this site makes me believe EVERY DAY that my weight loss goal is attainable and sustainable. I've seen the results in myself, even in the few pounds I've lost since the beginning of this year. I've also seen the proof in other people's stories. It can be done, and in my case, it WILL be done.

Thank you 3FC. You've really changed my life.
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

I love so many things about 3FC! Some have already been mentioned. I will add that I love is that you are never closed!

I can sign on in my PJ's and read some small victory that someone has had the day before and that is enough to get me going for the day.

I love the recipes I have found here and have found them invaluable when planning my meals. This was always a problem in the past for me.

I love that in the 300+ group truly understands the difficulties I have had as a person weighing over 300lbs. No judging...and lots of support and compassion.

I love it here. I feel right at home.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:51 PM   #5  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

A few of my favorite thingd.

I have finally found a group of people who really understand the emotional side of food.
The unconditional caring and never ending support.
The encouragement and happiness I get from others' success stories. Even when I get to right one of my own.

To the sisters who started this.
I can never fully express my gratitude for such a loving, supportive, constructive site and group of people. I truly appreciate you make it available to us at no charge. I don't know what I'd do without you and the 300+ group.
sandybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I love knowing I'm not alone in my struggles and that no matter how many times I am down, I can always count on my friends here.

I love the different forums, the recipes, sharing goals and dreams, ups and downs, and especially the humor

Great thread Wyllenn
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:19 PM   #7  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Height: 5'9"

Everyone is just so supportive. It's great! I'm finding that so many people can identify with me and that you have the same stuggles with eating that I do. Also, I'm addicted to my email and my Blackberry, so 3FC can keep me busy for hours. Come Thursday when I start my plan, I'm definitely going to be looking for alternatives to food to pass the time!

Lisa
LKBHouston is offline   Reply With Quote