Old 02-25-2007, 01:20 AM   #1  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Height: 5'9"

Default Just Need To Talk

Hi All! I'm pretty new here. As of about a month ago, I weighed 284.7 lbs. I know because I went for a physical so I can start this new liquid diet that is administered by a hospital in Houston. I have known several people who have lost tremendous amounts of weight on it. Anyway, I don't start for 1.5 weeks so I have been gearing myself up mentally. I haven't gotten on the scale since then, but I would be willing to bet that I have gained even more. I am so sick of being overweight. It impacts everything about my life - how I feel, my energy level, how I look, how I am perceived in the professional world, how I feel about me. I have 120+ lbs to lose and the thought of this is overwhelming! I'm so glad to find this 300+ Forum. It's nice to know that there are other people out there who have the same or more amount of weight to lose as I do. Can you guys share your stories with me? I really just want to know that I'm not alone. Thanks to all!

LKBHouston
LKBHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:28 AM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I have a friend who also went on a liquid diet like that and she did great I'm sure you will too! There are a lot of people here who know how you feel, we all face many of the same challenges even though we all have different goals. I love the motivation and support everyone offers to let you know you're aren't alone! Good for you for taking the first steps to a healthier life, good luck!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

LKB, I too am about to embark on a VLCD, liquid based. You ought to join the numbered threads on this board, there is so much support, some people have lost over 100lbs on w/w or other 'regular' diets or by just eating healthily & exercising. There we share lots of useful advice and there's TONS of support through good & bad times. You won't be the heaviest person there OR the only one about to consume nothing but fluids as I start on Friday, THIS WEEK!!!! eeeeek!! lol Good luck & stay in touch we could help each other with tips on how to not be hungry without EATING!! scary, eh, but also exciting!xxxx
xxsharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Be sure to click on Success Stories and click on 355.3 pounds gone forever and click on Charles link to an interview he had. Charles was also featured in People Magazine and I am quite sure he went on a liquid diet. The People Magazine came out in January and the article was "Lost Half their Weight"Charles is an inspiration, I do not know him but his story is remarkable.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

It can be overwhelming thinking about losing so much weight. I couldn't think of it all at once at all, and tried to just break it into smaller chunks.

One of our dear members, Catherine, has been known to say something like: "I can't lose 100 pounds, but I can lose 1 pound 100 times."

Good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #6  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

LKB – You are definitely not alone! If losing weight were easy, we would all be thin. A big part of it is the emotional aspect. I think one of the most challenging aspects of dramatically changing our eating patterns is how it affects us emotionally. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you aren’t perfect – it is a learning experience and can take a long time to figure out how to deal with things in a healthier way than eating (not that I am fully there yet - it is the main thing that is holding me back at the moment). Please feel free to join the main threads!
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote