Old 02-12-2007, 03:03 PM   #1  
Slowly, oh so slowly.

S/C/G: 325/269/200 Height 6'2"

Smile Been awhile...

since I have been here. I just had our first daughter on 1/6/07. Had to have an emergency c-section. I started off at 325lbs. and got down to 273 before I found out I was pregnant. During the pregnancy I got up to 315 again. I am now at 278lbs. I am still gradually losing but I am also breastfeeding and I heard it is not good to diet when breastfeeding. I am still eating healthy and watching what I eat. I am also not getting much exercise lately due to the baby and the weather. I go back to work on March 5th so I hope that will get me goig again. I usually walk about 4 miles a day there. Thought I would get back on here so I could have some moral support.
nicolyn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:41 PM   #2  

Thumbs up

Ooooooh! Aaaah! Look At That Sweet Little Snookums! Well done!

Seriously, you have a beautiful baby! Congratulations! I'd say you've done well if you are back down to 278. As for losing, just talk to your doctor first and do what the doctor says! And Welcome Back!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #3  
Slowly, oh so slowly.

Thanks for the Congrats!! I fortunately just lost that weight not really trying. I don't eat out during the week now so that helps! Thanks again!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #4  

Congratulations -- she is absolutely beautiful!!

And, I breastfeed both my boys -- it's one of the best weight loss plans. For me, I just ate healthy (because that's how you want her to eat ) and I lost at least 20 lbs during breast feeding. It supposedly actually helps you lose weight (if only I had kept it off ).

The most important thing at this time is to take care of you -- she is beautiful and amazing but also a lot of work. Drink lots of water, eat well and the exercise will come soon -- too cold for the poor little thing!! When mine were a month or so old, we would just walk the mall for an hour or so -- I needed the exercise and to get out and they loved looking at the lights or whatever seasonal decorations were up at the time.

Enjoy her and good luck!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME BACK, and congrats on your beautiful baby AND weight loss. You may not be able to really focus on changing those exercise habits yet, but you can start to make a plan for yourself. What would you like to do for exercise?
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:48 PM   #6  
Slowly, oh so slowly.

Thanks everyone for the congrats on Madilyn!!!
I'm still a lazy workout person. I only really like to walk & do yoga or light areobics.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:57 PM   #7  

Well I think you are doing great! When I had my son, I only gained 15 lbs while pregnant - weighed less when he was born than I did when he was conceived! But I gained 20+ in the two months I was home with him after he was born! I never could nurse though. I remember the la leche ladies chastising me - "You aren't drinking enough!" I was constantly drinking! "You aren't eating enough!" HELLO! Gained TWENTY pounds! And my favorite-"You have to feed him every two hours!" I would nurse him for a full hour and he'd still be starved, so I'd give him a bottle and he sucked so slowly - not weakly, s-l-o-w-l-y that it would take him another hour for 4 oz of formula...if I fed him every two hours he'd have never slept! Fact was I just didn't get any milk to speak of - I remember my mom telling me she couldn't nurse either. I've heard nursing will really help with weight loss actually, especially on the hips and thighs.

OMG! It's brilliant! I now realize why my hips are still so big 12 years later! I can blame the child!

BTW, I LOVE the little pantyhose saying at the bottom of your sig!
Old 02-13-2007, 11:55 AM   #8  
Slowly, oh so slowly.

Thanks! can't remember where I got the blinkie at.
I Have been having some issues with breastfeeding too. She gets milk when feeding but I have been having problems pumping. I am only getting 2 oz or so a day when I pump. My breasts feel full but nothing is coming out yet. Its been a month too. Getting kinda frustrated!
Old 02-13-2007, 01:35 PM   #9  

You might want to contact the la leche league where you live for tips on pumping. Just because they drove me insane years ago doesn't mean they won't have anything to help you! I remember being told to go somewhere quite and dim and look at a picture of your baby to help with "let down". That's all the info I have, since I had nothing to pump!
Old 02-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #10  

I breast fed/pumped for two kids, if you want to PM me some questions, I'd be happy to try to help you out -- just don't want to post "too much information" here!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I am not in the 300 club, but the breastfeeding thing prompted me to respond. The lack of pump results could be from a few different things:

~Some women just can't pump.

~It could be the pump you have isn't working for you-I went through three before I found "the one".

Feel free to pm me as well...I hope I can help.

Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #12  
Slowly, oh so slowly.

Breast pumping is getting better. I have also been eating oatmeal, they say that helps increase milk supply. Things are going much better.