Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 03:27 AM   #31  
One Fat Dude

S/C/G: 330/316/190

Height: 6'

Anna - I love the Eragon Trilogy. Now that you have enjoyed "Eragon," be sure to check out "Eldest" as we all await the final chapter in the adventures of Eragon and Saphira.

Happy New Year, everyone, may you all be successful in your goals!
Old 01-01-2007, 05:34 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 287/307/170

Height: 5'2"

LookingForHope ~ I work in a call center that takes calls for three hospitals and a university. I came in at 5pm this afternoon and I get off at 7am on New Year's Day.

I would write more, but I am at work and I am exhausted.

I'll check in later.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:49 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Zelma, so sorry about your dad, but you post anything you like here. If I only posted positives, this last year I would have only posted a couple of times!!! I find posting, ie; writing it down helps me an awful lot, focussing me on the things I need to and relieving worries. Big hugsxxxxxx
I have very little time, there's tons of clearing up to do today, but I want to wish EVERYONE A HAPPY< SLIM & HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!!!
Erica, CONGRATS!!!!!xxxx
Catherine, I'm sorry for your loss & that you can't leave Canada at the moment, but KUDOS for getting back OP & coming back to us.xxxx
bye all,
xxxsharon
ps had to move my ticker UP 7lbs BUT I enjoyed every mouthful and sip!!!!! back on the SB waggon now though!!
Old 01-01-2007, 08:10 AM   #34  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Good Morning All,
Nathan yes ut was a great read, I am looking forward to geting to barnes and noble for "Eldest" I feel like I have been let hanging a bit. to be continued as it were.

Catherine I am sorry to hear of your Grandmother. You have gone through so much this past year. hugs

Zelma keep posting , My prayers go out to you and your family at this time.

Erica, Congradulations.

Wyllen thank you for the ideas on execise when certain body parts are hurting. I forget that any movement is better then none at times.

Well I have to get the house back in order. and put away all the xmas stuff today. I had my first steak in along time yesterday and went up 2 pounds. For the new year. Maybe this is why I have switched to so much ckicken and fish in the last couple of weeks. Though I do love rib eye I can't eat it every week. Happy New's years eveyone.
Anna
Old 01-01-2007, 08:35 AM   #35  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

HI Everyone! Happy New Year!

Anna~ I am actually in the process of reading it too. I started it over the summer, lost it (literally) and found it again the other day. I can't wait as I was just really getting into it when it vanished.

Catherine~ Sorry about your Godmother...

Sharon~ Sorry that you went up 7lbs. I'm up 18 from my lowest weight of last year. Just means we will have to work harder at getting it off! We can do it!

Well for resolutions here it goes :

1. Chill out. I am really highstrung especially when it comes to my housework etc. Drives my hubby nuts!

2. Lose 60 lbs in the first 6 months. After that, I will see I vow to do this by drinking more water and eating healthier.

3. Firm up the parts that can. Enough said

4. Become better at budgeting. We want to save enough to buy a new car. Cash.

5. Spend more time on my photography.

OK. I am off to clean my house. We had a party last night and the kids destroyed everything that looked normal. Right now it looks like a natural disaster ran through.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Brenda
Old 01-01-2007, 09:23 AM   #36  
oh to be this graceful

Brenda, I have to laugh as I started ithe book 2 days ago and literally couldn't put it down. SO hoping my BF will buy me the next one since he bought me the first one for xmas. My mother has already taken it "Eragon" to read as she was reading over my shoulder yesterday on the way to gram's to funny.
Well house work has started and I needed a break. ugh can't believe how a couple of holidays can make a mess. Anyways. I am also in the middle of still merging my house with all my BF's stuff who moved in a couple of comnths ago and since we are both in our 30's we have a lot of stuff We have been looking at house plans for awhile now and decided on one though I am hesitant until I pay off most of my bills before going into further debt. THough I really want this house, I miss having a basement and an area to put up my exercise equipment.
Okay new years resolutions, I have been thinking abou this for awhile.
1. My last years goals were to pay off my medical bills which I did last week , so this year I will vow to pay off 1/2 my credit cards. THis will definitely be a feat for me though I can do this.
2. lose 85 pounds by the end of the year. I really want to be under 200 pounds by new years. I think this is doable.
3. learn o how to use my mp3 player, i am so technically challenged Thank god my BF is a computer nut, He fixes mine when ever i break it.
4. Begin working out again faithfully by the end of January. Have membership must kick butt to gym now. Which when I work 60 hour weeks can be tough sometimes so I vow to get there 3 times a week. by the end of the month.
That is enough goals for now. check back later when I get tired of cleaning again.
Oh and the dog for some reason decided to start blowing coat, shedding, so it looks like i have puppy hair balls under all the furniture, great. Move furniture today also
Anna
Old 01-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #37  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy New Year one and all!!!!!

Today I feel such a huge sense of POTENTIAL!!!!! This year could be my best yet. I am so looking forward to achieving my New Year's Resolutions, which shall here forward be referred to as my "2007 To Do List" because it's just too hard to keep resolutions.

Here is my "2007 To Do List" which I posted a couple threads back but wanted to repeat for my own benefit:

1. Lose 75 pounds.
2. Read the entire New Testament.
3. Finish 8 credits towards my MBA.
4. Make a concerted effort to get together with friends I don't see as often as I would like.
5. Make an effort to expand my social circle and meet some new friends too.

I am really looking forward to this new year. I feel almost a sense of the possible adventure that awaits me when I make my best effort to achieve these things on my To Do List.

One of my favorite things to say is "Life rewards action." And while I often say or think it, I realize I rarely ACT on it! In part I have let my weight keep me home and not "out there". I keep waiting to lose weight before I allow myself to live. No more of that for me. 2007 is going to be my year!
Old 01-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Okay, it's official, I'm back up to 180 (from my 177 low).

Technically, I suppose that means I'm obese again, but I'm not buying that. Though, that shows me for celebrating my "non-obesity" back in November! I've really stalled out since then.

You know what, though? I'm okay with it. Don't get me wrong, it's not my preference to be moving in the wrong direction, but I've made lots of progresss in the past year. Not just in terms of weight loss, but in helping to craft and shape a new me -- one who THINKS about what she eats and EXERCISES.

Let's not forget all the ways to measure progress in the New Year!
Old 01-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #39  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Happy New Year!!! I hope all had a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve. Let me tell you, I have a dreadful headache! But, I am NOT allowing that to prevent me from doing my exercising today. I'm gonna put dinner in the crock pot and get on the gazelle. (after taking tylenol)
I just want to say thanks to all of you for being so supportive. I'm so thankful to have found this site.
I know we're all going to have a successful year. There may be bumps in the road, but that's just the way life is.I don't know who said it, but it's true....we only fail when we quit.
Congrats to those who have recent good news, hugs to those who are having personal issues, kudos to those sticking through every day, and hang in there for those struggling.
Here we go, into the brand new year of 2007........together!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #40  
oh to be this graceful

okay got the gazelle out of the corner and dusted it off, 30 minutes. little wobbly coming off but feels good,
Old 01-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #41  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

STOP!!!

Don't post here anymore -- this is yesterday's thread!

Come join us instead in thread #1082!!!
Closed Thread