Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2001, 05:32 PM   #16  
Working on Weight loss!!!

BFB--I don't care what country u may be from, we all have freinds or relatives like that!!!!!

Well, did my mammogram and check up this month!!!I switched docs and she was wonderful..Gave me the thumbs up to try again!!!!!Weight was about the same as always so that was a good sign~!!!!

Lauren--Congrats on doing 3/4!!!I missed the gym today soo I must do something this afternoon!!!!

Well, off to do supper!!!!
Vicki
Old 10-03-2001, 10:01 AM   #17  

HELLO ALL!

I'm leaving today but will try to check in, maybe in the evenings, to keep myself focused!!

Jul - maintain is good! Have fun at the birthday dinner and good luck at the show!!

LBH - THANKS!!! I knew I could count on you!

better run - have gift baskets to get done for my 2 sisters birthdays so I can take them with me!

have a super week all!

RABBIT
Old 10-03-2001, 10:18 AM   #18  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Well, I bowled pretty good last night, but I ate like crap! Was only a couple points over, but I wasn't happy with what I ate. It wasn't worth it!! I just have to plan and bring a sandwich with me to bowling or something, so I don't have to buy that crap.

I have another date with Gilad tonight!! I am going to try and do him at least twice a week, not sure about Fridays, both of us like to get home on Fridays. I'm actually looking forward to it, hopefully that feeling sticks!

I'm getting my hair done on Saturday...going red again. I can't wait, I'm soo sick of the reddish/blonde hilight/mousy roots I have now!! I am happy with the perm now though...it only took 2 1/2 months to get to that point!!

Gotta go file, since I don't have anyone to do it for me today!

Oh, LE- Great to see you, good luck with the walk!!

Hey, do any of you live within an 8hr. drive of NJ? DH & I want to go away for our Honeymoon Part II (1 yr. anniversary), but we don't want to fly...of course. We also don't want to just end up in the Poconos, unless it's somewhere nice. Anyway, can anyone recommend a nice place to stay, or know anyone with a cabin to rent? I've got til March to figure it out!!
Old 10-03-2001, 09:35 PM   #19  

Good evening all!!!
Lauren-Honeymoon Part 2-----Hmmmmm..I am hoping it will be on the labor and delivery wing!!!!*L*

Excercise was great today!!!I am getting back on the road!~~~
GOOD LUCK LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RR
Old 10-04-2001, 11:19 PM   #20  

I had a Dr apt. this morning, mainly I went just because I wanted to 'show-off' that I'd lost weight. She was so proud of me - told me that if I lose another 10-15 that we'll take me off the blood pressure med. and see if I can go without it.

I was down another lb. this morning. But after the dinner we had tonight it may be back up in the morning.

We'll be leaving in the morning, have to drop the kids off at my parents then head to St Louis. Its an extra 3 hrs to take the kids to my parents - but I'm so thankful they are able to help with the boys on most of our show weekends.

See you all on Mon night.
- jul
Old 10-05-2001, 08:56 AM   #21  
LBH

Hi All,

Weigh in sucked last night. I maintained. I know, that's better than a gain, but I was counting on a loss. I don't know if it had anything to do with Aunt Flo being here or not. Usually if i gain, it's because of PMS, not AF actually being here. Although she's been wicked lately, so who knows. And after I thought about it, I was frustrated because I exercised twice this week, but I guess that'll catch up with me next week, right...hopefully?!

Our meeting last night was good though. She was talking about how our thin friends eat. They eat to live, not live to eat. When "they" get together with friends for dinner, it's to see them and talk and enjoy the company, where as "we" can't wait to order the food and eat!! That's soo true too. They don't snarf their food as soon as it comes, they continue to talk to their friends. Food just isn't as important to them.

I have to get myself into that mindset. I know I will never NOT look forward to eating, but I guess I either have to make the effort to take the time and cook more, and therefore healthier, or not worry about food soo much.

Jul- Congrats on the pound...hope you can get off those meds!

RR- LOL, L&D huh? When is your anniv., 4/??

Have a great day all!!
Old 10-05-2001, 10:59 AM   #22  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all having a good week. Everyone seems so quiet - where is everybody??? My week is okay but not great food wise, I'd be really happy with a maintain since it would still put me ahead of my goal. I'm already thinking about the next goal. I haven't been bad but just not great. I have though gone to the gym 3 times which I feel great about. It's just that there's going to be pizza here at work for lunch (one of my favourites and too hard to ignore) and I'm out for dinner tonight. Tomorrow night we're having company but I think I can make a delicious "in point range" dinner. I'm going to make these Betty Crocker low fat brownies for dessert. Theyr'e really yummy and fairly low calorie and fat. They're not perfect but a good compromise. Sometimes the ones that are fat free aren't that good. Anyway, I'm going to try to just have 2 pizza squares for lunch - I hope that's not too bad but I'll be guessing on the points. Any advice.

Lauren - maintaining is tough when you're expecting a loss but if you continue to be good it will catch up with you. I find the good and the bad catch up with you but sometimes it takes a bit longer that's all. And as for your second honeymoon, I haven't been to NJ but I guess it's more than 8 hours to my area of Ontario which is too bad because not only are there some beautiful spots but your dollar will let you live like kings here!

Elisa
Old 10-05-2001, 05:27 PM   #23  

Elisa-I love TOronto!!Me and my husband took the train up there from Detroit(Windsor) and stayed a few days. Went up the tower and saw a Maple Leaf game..Loved the shopping and the underground mall trail...Definately Lauren if that is an option for the second honeymoon!!!

Lauren-My anniversary is 5/02!!!I was kidding about the L&D..I would only be 8 months pg if it happened now so I will wait on that trip!!!!I have to agree that a maintain is better than a gain!!!

Jul--Congrats on the pound!!!!Watch the sodium intake and after losing the weight u may be free of the pills!!!!

Well, have to get ready for the hockey preseason game tonight..Refman is working the penalty box soo we have to be there early!!Fell asleep during the REdwings last night, so I have to make that up to DH!!!THat is a sin!!!!
Have a great weekend!!
Vicki
Old 10-05-2001, 11:37 PM   #24  

Hi all. Dang it - I am doing so so bad at my sister's! I haven't even been writing anything down - and that really spells trouble. I'm glad I checked in here FINALLY - that should get me back to me!! I'm going to be so sorry when I step on the scales. What am I thinking????

OK, tomorrow I start writing everything down again! Thanks all for being here!!

Our garage sale is just going okay - only about half as good as last years. Maybe our timing is bad - it's quite cold out. I've only made about $125 I think.

Going home on Sunday - will check in here again tomorrow if I can.

Rabbit (who feels like a pig)
Old 10-06-2001, 10:14 AM   #25  
A princess in the making!

Hello all:
Sorry I have been MIA but it has been a long few weeks. I did not know if I was getting laid off on Friday. We were downsizing and man I was scared. But I still have a job, but lots of things will be changing.

Need to regroup with my weight loss. Have no idea where I am, and have not weighed in for weeks. I will be getting a handle on that this coming week.

Very sad to see people I like leave. And I feel bad for all of them.

Hope everyone is well. I will be back to normal postings soon.

P
Old 10-06-2001, 10:14 AM   #26  

Rabbit--I felt like the pig yesterday..I dont know why because I have been excercising every day and really following the diet...I found that the times I was goofing up was "tasting" the cooking I was doing...IT is really strange how much U actually pick and taste while cooking..I found that eating a dill pickle or chewing gum really helps remind me about those little nibbles!!!!

It is rainy outside today !!!!!!!We needed it bad!!!I think I will dress in shorts and go for a jog when Refman is home from his haircut..I love to run in cool, wet weather!!!!

Have a great weekend!!!!
Vicki
Old 10-06-2001, 10:27 AM   #27  
LBH

Hi All,

Rabbit- Don't make me hunt you down!! BEHAVE!!

RR- That's a good idea to chew gum or something while cooking!

Elisa- DH & I considered going to Niagra Falls for Labor Day weekend, but ended up staying home. I was there once when I was like 8 or something and screamed the whole time on the Maid of the Mist...per Mom!! Would love to go again though...now that I'm older and braver!! It might be something to consider for the spring...our anniversary is 3/17, so I don't think I wanna head too far North in March!! I'm not sure how far it is up there either. I know it's about 7-8 hrs. to Westfield, NY, which is about 30 miles north of Erie, PA.

Pryia- Glad to see you post! Sorry to hear about the lay-offs...hope you don't get cut. What ever happened with the people from your company that were missing?

Getting my hair done today, trim and color...going back to red and I can't wait!! I'm soo frustrated with it right now.

Have a great day all!!
Old 10-06-2001, 04:14 PM   #28  
Donna

Talking I'M BACK!!!!

Well the last couple of weeks have been a blast and man did they go by too fast .

The wedding was beautiful (or at least that's what everyone said, I was so tired I couldn't tell). I picked up the pictures from the table cameras today, I'll post some on my web page next week. Our proofs are done at the photographer's, but we probably won't pick them up until after we move so they don't get damaged and/or lost.

We went to Hyde Park NY for the first stop in our HM, (LBH if you like old mansions and window shopping for antiques I'd recommend this, it's about 1.5 hrs from NYC). We visited the Vanderbuilt Mansion, FDR's childhood home, and Elanore(sp) Roosevelt's house. We also visited a couple of wineries including the "oldest continuously operational winery in the country."

We continued on to Bar Harbor ME, with a stop at Freeport to visit LL Bean (one of our favorite catalogs). We'd been to Acadia before and we'll be going back . If you like nature this is an increadible place. We hiked a bunch and man am I out of shape. I'll need to work on that soon!!!! We continued up the coast of Maine with a brief stop in New Brunswick to see FDR's summer cottage. It was cool but I couldn't believe they searched our car and luggage on the way back into the US, it was an island and we were only there for an hour or so!!! Oh well.

We headed home after that, traveling through NH and VT and man were the colors beautiful. We're definately going to have to go back there to .

We stopped on the way home in Watkins Glenn NY at the B&B we went to last fall and did a little winery touring in the fingerlakes region.

It was fun but I'm glad to be home, and out of the car . Although now I get to pack, moving day is scheduled for 10/15 and then my B-day is 10/19, and I need to start seriously looking for a new job. Had several calls while I was gone. I guess the next few weeks will be hopping.

Sorry this turned into a novel, and I didn't reply to everyone. Thanks for all the good wishes. I'll let you know when the pictures are posted, and the damage at WI on Tuesday.

- Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 10-06-2001 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-07-2001, 08:26 AM   #29  

BFB--WHERE ARE U!!!!SEE EVERYONE ON THE NEW THREAD!!!!
Closed Thread