Old 08-31-2006, 05:25 AM   #46  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!! I am procrastinating but have to leave soon for work..I think being at work for 4:30AM is starting to drag me down...
#2 was acting more strange than usual so I took her to the Pedi yesterday and it is a bladder and yeast infection..Talk about fun--collecting a speciman on a mentally challenged child..OMG...I was on the floor laughing cuz she was fussing at me for sticking the cup in the toilet..After 40 minutes at the MD--we did it!!!! She had another ear infection--I guess it is time for tube set #10????So now we are on Diflucan, Augmentin, Monostat cream(really fun to use on her) and are trying Strattera to calm down the OCD, mood swings and aggression.
Diet wise--doing great!!!
Welcome Blump!!!!!Like Lisa said--we don't bash but have several who will not hesitate to give a or when needed

Have a great day all!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:57 AM   #47  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

OMGoodness! I didn't realize it had been so long since I checked in here. You guys have been busy. Girlie is turning into a wild woman and does not like for me to be on the computer while she is nursing.

Blump: WELCOME!! It's great to have you here.

Squishy and Blump: I love to read too. Getting to the library to look for books for me is impossible right now, so I go online and request books. Then I just have to stop by and pick them up. I'm into mysteries right now because I found a website where I can find out about the book/author then request from the library.

Melody: Hope you are getting some sleep. It sucks to be tired and not able to sleep.

Hello to everyone I missed. Somebody needs me.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:47 AM   #48  
fitafter4

S/C/G: 226/170/160

Height: 5'9"

Man - you guys are really hard to keep up with!!!

[SIZE="6"]Hello to ALL![/SIZE]

I've been reading posts, but haven't had the time to reply. Thought I'd take a minute to give a shout out and kudos to all of you! Whether you are a loser or not (that just sounds funny...), the fact is that we all are taking control of our health and making positive changes! We might not always see a negative number, but measuring in pounds isn't always the best. Instead, measure on how you feel, how your clothes fit, your energy level, etc.......

I've got to get back to work (NOT ready for my meeting at 10am UGH) but I am saying hello to everyone and I AM READING your posts.....

Fondly,
Fit
fitafter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:09 AM   #49  
From Blump to Thin

Good morning all! Work has been a bit crazy so I'm late this morning. My boss is going out of town this weekend, and one of the other underwriters too, so there will only be two people in the office tomorrow. Hopefully a nice quiet Friday.

Not much going on here. Tonight I have such glamorous plans: laundry, picking up the apartment and cleaning the bathroom. It will be nice to have it all done for the holiday weekend, though. Tomorrow night we are heading to my in-laws for dinner and to visit with the family. My father-in-law has severe dimentia and it's hard for DH to watch him go through it, but it makes us realize that life is too short not to spend time with family. The rest of the weekend will be total vegging. We're going to try and get a walk in each day, but other than that we're de-stressing.

Squishy: This is actually my 2nd try with WW (first really serious one), and I get what you mean. It can be hard to be so restrictive. My goal is to do WW 100% for 30 days and form the habit. Then we'll see where to go from there. I would love to ultimately get to the place where I control what I eat without having to write everything down.

Lisa: Thanks for the welcome! I totally respect the "no bash" policy, as not everyone responds to weight-loss challenges the same way. As for me, bash away please!! I tend to do best when I am challenged and kept accountable. Sounds like a really nice, classy group you have here who really show respect for each other.

Holyteror: Thanks for the welcome.

Melody: Nice to know there is a fellow WWer here. I did a lot of research before I started and it seemed to be the most successful plan out there.

Angela: Plateaus can definitely be annoying! I'm sure you'll start losing again soon. I'm sure it's a challenge getting in exercise when you have the little ones to look after. Best of luck.

Stevi: So sorry to hear that your wee one isn't feeling well. The mural sounds really neat. I have no artistic ability whatsoever, so I'm always intrigued by those who do.

RR: Sorry to hear about your DDs struggles. Hopefully things will get better.

Karen: Thanks for the welcome.

Fit: I agree 100% that it's not the number on the scale, but how we feel that gauges true success. It helps to think that way when the numbers maybe aren't going the direction we want them to, but our clothes are feeling better and we feel healthier - still a success

Whew.......long post. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday and I'll check in on and off today.

Blump
Sir Farnsworth Blump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:23 AM   #50  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Wow, 2 1/2 pages since my last post!!!!!!!

BLUMP! WELCOME! I'm doing WW at home too, and I love it. I was a skeptic at first. Seemed like too much work, but the Lbs are falling of consistently for the first time in a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Darcy: the reunion is Saturday. It seems like I'm not gonna get to go one moment, and then now it looks like I will. so we'll see (Its 4hrs away) LOL @ your DH, sounds like you have a good time together.

Stevi: go for the bananas! That should slowem down a bit. I love that your an artist. I love to paint, sew, photography, anything artsy (I didn't say that I have talent, I just love working with my hands) The down side for me too is that I give 100o/o of my attention... Housework, whats that?

Last edited by wannaBsize7; 08-31-2006 at 11:31 AM. Reason: spell check
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:30 AM   #51  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

BTW, It seems like the lbs are flying off! I may not have much to loose, but I have been trying for 2 yrs to lose the same 30lbs, and its finally working. I was down to 153 this morning, but silly me got back on the scale an hr later (hadnt' eatn or drank anything yet) and the had gone back up to 154. Thats ok, I dont really count a dropped lb till it stays off a day or two. Anyway, Im just so excited. People can tell too, cause my pants arent sausage tight anymore
A huge part of my progress is owed to you ladies. It helps so so SO much to come here and talk to you all!!

Last edited by wannaBsize7; 08-31-2006 at 11:30 AM. Reason: 'cause my fingers suffer from dislexsia
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:02 PM   #52  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

WOW this site is busy!!!!
So my son is loving it being free,BUT last night at 10:30 he started to run out the door and i stopped him short and ask what the **** do you think your doing he calmly state's that his homeboy called and is in trouble and he needs george's help, WHAT!!!!! I said ohhh hellllllllll noooooooooo i did not go through **** and back for your homeboy............ so he says im sorry mom i wasnt thinking your right i dont need to go ............... and that was the end of that THANK GOD at least he's starting to listen to reality

Wanna, Blump, Melody, I Really want to join WW again i have been doing all my homework and im thinking of starting 09/01/2006 i used to do it and it worked great so i have a strong feeling i need to get back to it, funny thing about me i need someone to spell it out for me THEN i will follow it to a tee ( I think thats why cal countin isnt working for me ) we'll see but it's good to know i will have fellow WW gals to rely on
everyone else hello and i'll check in here later
have a good day
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:14 PM   #53  
From Blump to Thin

I have a major prayer request for those who are inclined to pray.....

One of my former co-workers and his wife had twin girls yesterday morning. Both were diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis and both need surgery to repair their intestines/bowels. It is really touch and go right now and both are in the NICU. Please keep this family in your prayers. Their names are Matt and Bekka Lynch and the girls are Kerragyn and Giavonna. Thank you.

Blump
Old 08-31-2006, 12:37 PM   #54  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Will do blump
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:38 PM   #55  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Blump, I'm soo sorry to hear about your co-workers twins, I just did and will continue to pray for them.
Your "glamorous" plans sound much like my weekends!
Sorry about your FIL. My grandparents are 92 & 95 and suffer from a bit of dementia also. It's very hard to watch.

Michelle, good for you laying the law down...glad DS listened.

Cristi, glad we can be of help! I wish the pounds were flying off me, but I guess they're not going to if I keep eating the way I am and not exercising!

Karen, Hang in there....another reason I'm happy I have boys! (I'm just trying to convince myself that another baby is a bad, bad idea!!)

RR, OK, the visual is hilarious!! Good thing you're a nurse too!

Stevi, try the B.R.A.T. diet...Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. OK, little guy...duh...maybe he won't do to good with rice, how about rice cereal and I bet he'd LOVE to gum a piece of toast!

Angela, are you BF'ing? If not, maybe it's AF coming back that's causing you to hold onto some pounds?

Mollly, congrats on the new schedule!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:46 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 160/158/135

Height: 5'5

Lauren you are so smart. I was coming here to complain a little. I bf ds1 for 9 months and AF stayed away fo 10 months. This time she returned at 6 weeks. I was in denial hoping it was pp bleeding. Guess not. But at least that explaines the pounds. 2 of them left this morning. Next week I have to go back to work I am so sad. But I a hoping that all the walking I have to do that I will see more of those pounds pack their bags for good.
babybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:54 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

DD is off to 3rd grade today. Spent ALL AM dropping her off, getting oil change, and grocery shopping. I'm organizing kitchen now with snacks for DD, snacks for me in good spots for us (ie seperate!). DH went to MD for 1st time in yrs and is thinking about heart health, wwt, and cancer risk (father died in his 50s!) so this is a great time to make family changes. My cholesterol profile is getting progressively worse over the past 2 yrs/ 3 tests so I am ready to look into that too.

Blump- so sorry to hear about babies. I work with sick kids and it is just sosad. CF is brutal . How premie were they? Best wishes to the mom and dad.

Goddess- Kudos to you for making him see and raising a kid who actually LISTENS to your side!

WannaB- My scale does the same. It was 4 lbs high when I first stepped on it and then the second time it was right at 170. I think DH had justed stepped on it before and it seems to remember whether a heavier or lighter person was just on.

KarenK- I hope nursing is going well. Those were the days! Mine nursed for what seemed FOREVER (well into toddlerhood) but after she weaned I missed it at times!
squishy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:32 PM   #58  
From Blump to Thin

Thank you so much for the support and prayers. I will keep you updated if I hear anything more.

As for the rest of my day, it's been pretty good. I'm listening to talk radio and it's very interesting. All politics aside, I realize how out of touch I am with today's current events. Time to start paying attention I think.

My boss will be leaving soon, so I'm hoping for some more reading time today. Not looking forward to my housework, but at least I have the knowledge that tomorrow is Friday!

Squishy: Hope DD has a great first day of 3rd grade! Sounds like you've been pretty busy today. Actually, the babies weren't premie at all, right on time. The bowel problems are a direct result of the CF. I think right now they are concentrating on getting them home, then they will have to face the CF reality. Thanks for the concern.

I'm off to finish up my work before the boss leaves. Hope you are all having a great day. Can't wait to chat again tomorrow.

Blump
Old 08-31-2006, 10:29 PM   #59  

Height: 5'6"

Wow, it's hard to keep up here.

Stevi, thanks a lot...I did think that the lack of sleep wasn't helping much, I have taken sleeping pills the last couple of days, but now I'm having a hard time sticking to my diet, I'm doing it, but I'm having a heck of a time when so far I haven't had a hard time at all. I'm hoping that work this weekend I will be so busy I won't have time to think about it and after that everything will fall back into place. Exercise has been nonexistant this week, but I've decided I'm not going to worry about it this week, if taking a break from exercise will help me not feel so frustrated then I'm going to do it. It will be easier to exercise next week once the kids are back in school anyway. You need to show us some of your artwork. I make mouse drawn computer graphics and LOVE art, used to do a lot of pencil drawings, but I am not skilled in painting at all.

Blump, so sorry to hear about the babies, I will definately send a prayer up for them.

Squishy glad that your husband went to the Dr, I need to get in as well, I haven't been to a Dr in 3 years or so. Hope your dd enjoyed her first day of 3rd grade, my daughter is starting third grade as well this year, Wednesday will be her first day.

Angela, sorry af came back so soon, but I'm glad you found out there was a reason for those extra pounds. I never got breastmilk in with any of my pregnancies, so I never got that added benefit of burning extra calories and stalling the return of af.

Michelle, let us know if you rejoin WW's, I love it, although my lack of weight loss while on it has been frustrating, I'm pretty sure it's not the program and just my body going through a plateau type period, I'm really hoping I'm gonna push past it REAL soon.

Wannabe, wtg on doing so well on losing the pounds on WW's, that is awesome! Another lady I know has had the same experience since starting WW's, she was stalled for a long time, joined WW's and the pounds just flew off. I wish I could say the same thing, but I'm glad it's working for others!!

RR, sorry about your stepdaughter, I hope that the meds help with her infections and her other issues as well. That has to be a handful for you.

Hope everyone had a great Thursday. My friend and I took the kids to the children's museum, then my daughter went to a Birthday party, and now I'm waiting to see if my friend is going to show up for our weekly tv night, last week he wasn't sure if he would make it or not. If not I'll head to bed early so I can get ready for my long weekend at work...only 3 more long weekends before I'm done with my scheduled weekend doubles (I'm still going to try to work some for the extra money, but at least I won't be bound to working every other weekend two sixteen hour shifts). If I don't get back in here tomorrow, I hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:40 PM   #60  
MustangMomma

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been away... crazy week. I've been reading all the posts to get caught up...

Stevi -- you're one hot momma! whow!! that's great and inspiring weight loss. WTG!

Melody -- I know what you mean about finding time to exercise. My son started preschool earlier this month (we start school in early Aug. here in DFW - crazy!) and I've been so consistent with working out. As soon as I drop him off, I head straight to the gym to workout. No exceptions. It works. His preschool has been such a huge blessing to me!! :-) I hope your daughter is doing better -- has the swelling gone down?

Vanilla - I wanted to say that late night cravings can be solved (for me) by brushing my teeth earlier in the evening - right after I eat my dinner and WW dessert. I brush my teeth/floss and they are so clean that I'm too lazy to brush them again - so I just don't eat. it works for me so far.

Blump - I'm in WW too. But I go to a local meeting with a friend. WW has been awesome. I've been so pleased with it. Actually, it's been like the least restrictive "diet" i've been on ... and i've tried others ... trainer's diet from Bally Fitness, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem. Man, I feel so much freedom with WW!! As long as I know the cal/fat g/and fiber g -- i can plan for what i eat. And even have some extras if the week calls for it - with that 35-pt allowance. And by going to the meetings, I know I'm going to be weighed and a number will be put down on paper ... so I'm really held accountable -- I need that right now. I've tried to do it on my own several times and I'm just not serious enough -- I need to have structure with my weight loss. And it's working so far - I'm down 18.8 lbs since starting on July 13. I'm so amazed and excited about the future.

well, as for me, I took DS to the dentist for his very first appt/checkup -- boy, did i hear some loud screaming! whoo-wee. but good news is he has no cavities and all good, clean teeth. we'll go back in 6 months for another cleaning/flouride application and i can try to work on his anxiety for that next appt.
I did well at my weigh-in, even with my indulgence on sunday at my SIL's bday celebration. I lost 2.4 lbs this week!! But I did work my butt off at the gym to cover my indulgence -- but I felt good working out. I really feel like I'm getting stronger and that makes me feel empowered! sounds cheesy. sorry. Lol!
SMUMustangMomma is offline   Reply With Quote