Old 07-19-2006, 08:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Default can I be a newbie if I fell off and came back?

Hi there,

Can I join in here? I have been yoyoing the same 30 pounds several times now. I get close and then "reward" myself and it turns into losing all sight of the goal! I fall off the wagon and it seems to take 6 months to realize how far I've fallen and that I need to get a grip! But this time It's even more important to me! I'm engaged to a wonderful guy and getting married in May '07. I want to lose 20 pounds (I'd be jump up and down thrilled with 25 but I'm being gentle on myself).

So far I've lost 10 pounds on the South Beach Diet. I'm trying to make REGULAR exercise more a part of my life. I've been doing a lot of cardio but not much (any) ab or weight training. I was planning on starting that after I established a solid cardio workout.

I'm a massage therapist and work with people all day that have gained weight and picked up aches and pain along the way. I did too. I'm excited to get back my smaller "me" and be able to wear all the clothes in my closet again! (not to mention the beautiful wedding dress and swimsuits for the honeymoon!).

Looking foward to meeting all of you and getting to know more about you.
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the board!! I look forward to getting to know you and Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:02 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi LG, Of course, everyone's entitled to a fresh start! Congrats on the engagement! Sounds like you're on the right track! Did you know there's a South Beach Forum right here at 3FC? They've got recipes and all sorts of great info that may help you!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Lauren, I saw the forum for SBD. I am checking it out regularly! And thanks for all the congratulations on our wedding. Lots of planning and not too much stress so far - but it's a big effort to keep it that way. Either way though - it's HUGE motivation to lose the weight! I look forward to reading more about you guys!
little grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote