Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 09:29 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Week of June 18th~

Hello everyone! Happy Father's day to all your husbands.

Today is not a good day for me. It would have been my 12th anniversary, had I stayed married. June is usually a roller coaster, this one is more highs and lows than last year. Oh well it is better that I am not with him. I have a lot to be thankful for, plus I am done with school and I am sure I have a job offer.

Sorry, I just needed to vent.

Yesterday I started marking down what I am eating and drinking. I need to get on track again. is what I need. I am also weighing myself on Saturday mornings, before breakfast.

Lisa
Old 06-18-2006, 09:50 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Happy Father's Day to all your dads/DH's!

Karen, Woohoo...this time tomorrow?? What time are you going in?

Lisa, Hang in there girl, you can get through the day just fine! Good for you logging everything you ate....how'd you do?

Made DH breakfast this AM...scrambled eggs, taylor ham and homemade heart-shaped biscuits. The biscuits turned out horrible though...more like hocky pucks.

Gotta run and finish my coffee/get the boys motivated!
Old 06-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning everyone,

I put Andy's favorite (oatmeal) brekkie in the crockpot last night so he had it waiting for him. I'm not crazy about oatmeal, but it was OK with some chopped walnuts, almonds, cashews and cranberries in it. He took the boy on a bike ride and then we all hung out in the backyard while Alex played in the pool Whew. It's been a busy day so far!

I'm getting the laundry all done so I'm caught up with that. GM will take care of everything else.

Lauren: Sorry about the biscuits! Were they at least tasty? I will still be in recovery by this time tomorrow. The surgery is scheduled for 9:30am. I am so incredibly nervous. Ugh.

Lisa: Sorry that it's a bad day for you. I hope you are able to work through it. How exciting about the job offer! Yeehaw!
Old 06-18-2006, 05:58 PM   #4  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Hey chickies!
Had a reasonable fathers day, DH absolutely LOVED the photo and poem. Thanks Lauren. Didn't do alot...Bone head (DH) went to work! Got DS #1 his graduation suit...so very handsome. I tryed to get him to do a little color but its all black. But I did convince him to remove the blue from his hair so its all one color now, tomorrow we are cutting it. At least its not a Mohalk anymore. Hated it. DH thinks Logan (DS#2) said MA! but we're not sure yet. I thought so too the day before but my sis said I'm hearing things. Went to see a frieds band last night (AC/DC tribute) pretty good stuff but stinkin' loud! I'm a musician and went I say loud I mean EARS ARE BLEEDING LOUD! There was also an Ozzy tribute band, singer sounded JUST like him. That band had some kick a$$ musicains. I had 5 (yes FIVE) Amstel lights needless to say my head hurt this morning....I'm such a light weight now. I'm drinking a ton of water today to make up for it.
Karen, I'm so stinkin' excited for you! And a girl, You lucky thing!
Lisa, yeah I don't care for Fathers day either. Actually June, July and Aug all have crappy memories. June has fathers day, July has my Fathers B-day and He died Aug 7th, 22 years ago. I was 12. It still feels wierd.
Hope everyone had a wonderful day!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:20 AM   #5  

Drum roll please.................

I had DH take a pic of me Sat night before the gig. The before is at my 1st day back to rehearsal after having Logan. About 6 weeks post pardum.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:12 AM   #6  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Yeah Stevie!! U look great!!! Before and after pics give U some motivation!!

Congrats Karen!!! U will love having a girl!! (of course--what do I know about comparing to a boy!!! )

Lisa--GOod luck on the job!!!Today is a new day!!
Ok--off to save lives today!!hahaha
Have a great one all!!!
RR
SD#2 went to camp yesterday for a week..I feel horrible saying this, but the household is nice and quiet!!!DH, K and I are going to Disney in Sept and M-I-L is comming to watch his kids..I need breaks from them every now and then!!!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 05:49 AM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

OK, deep breath. I'm so nervous this time! I don't know why, I've had a C-section before. Oh well, we will be leaving in about an hour. We will call Lauren when I am settled in a room and have seen my girlie.

See you in about 5 days!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:29 AM   #8  

Good Luck Karen. You will do fine!

Stevie, yesterday has bad memories because that would have been my 12th wedding anniversary! It has been 2 years and 18 days since the divorce. Most of the time it doesn't affect me, except for the month of June. You look great in the pictures keep up the good work.

Lisa
Old 06-19-2006, 09:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

WOW Stevie that is great!! You look Awsome..... I am so jealous that you sing in a band that is something I always wanted to do. And it's awsome that your kids are keeping the music bug going too !

Karen good luck and try to relax

Don't worry Father's Day always stinks around here too because holidays always seem to fall on a time were we are broke. Poor DH didn't get anything other than cards made on the computer. Oh and I BBQed for him! And I tend to think about my older brother that passed away 2 years ago and think about how he's missing out on his kids.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:08 AM   #10  
LBH

Hi All,

No word from Karen's DH yet....I'll keep you posted!

Stevi, you look awesome girl! Keep up the good work. Glad DH liked the poem!

I'm back to counting points today. I'm soo mad at myself for not being able to stick with this. The good thing is, I weighed in this AM and I haven't gained it all back.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:27 PM   #11  
LBH

She's here!!!!

I don't have a lot of info, but here's what I know!

She was 6 lbs., 11.5 oz. and 20.5" with dark hair!

CONGRATS KAREN!!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 03:38 PM   #12  

Thanks chickies!
I was up til 5:30 am last night /this morning. I'm tired! Poor DS#1 was at his fathers and called me @ 3:00am to come get him. He has chronic asthma (STILL!) and his father was out of meds. Then my baby boo wanted a lil somethin to eat. We all slept in, well I tryed to!
Lisa, yeah I know. I was just letting you know I wasn't all that crazed about Father's day either, that's all.
Lauren, Yeah no gain! And tell Karen we want to see pics of that pretty baby girl!
Not2fat, I love the singing but it is alot of hard work! Try putting an ad in a local musicians Mag and audition if you really wanna do it!
RR, I agree that the before and after pics give modivation....AFTER the nausea passes!
Old 06-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #13  

:Congrats: to Karen!!! Yes we want to see pictures as soon as possible.

Today I have come out of my funk! Yea! I think it was just my anniversary. It has been just over two years and I was with the jerk (including dating) for over 11 almost 12. I know that these things take time. :sigh:

I heard on Oprah today that weight loss needs to be a concious decision! And the best way to lose weight is to set a time and not eat after that time. Say like 7:30. Just make sure that it is at least 2 1/2 hours before going to bed.

Later, Lisa
Old 06-20-2006, 05:19 AM   #14  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lisa--Glad U R getting out of the funk!!! I stop eating after 7:30 and drink only water after that..Usually it is more like 7pm..We eat at 6 so it is easy to not have anything else.(remember autistic step child--everything the same routine)
Ok..off to work!! We are soo busy in the summertime...Surely there are no more tonsils or gallbladders left????hahaha
RR
Old 06-20-2006, 08:39 AM   #15  
LBH

Karen sent me these from her cell phone...presenting Miss Cassie! Isn't she gorgeous?!

Closed Thread