Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 09:56 AM   #16  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Cool

OK, so things went as I thought...I got what I deserved, a 2 lb. gain. I was just very destructive to myself this week, I don't know why, because I really want that ribbon, and I really want to reach my LD goal. I soo badly want to be out of the 230's, but I just couldn't seem to keep on track. I don't know if it was just because I was busy, or had the munchies, or what? Anyway, I was wearing one of my favorite dresses yesterday and I felt soo fat in it. My "top" roll, the one above my belly button, is bigger, and I look horrible. It has given me new motivation to get back to the ab roller and more exercise. I did walk once around the building yesterday, but that was only about .7 of a mile. I really need to get DH to push me more!

Anyway, I'm hoping that the motivation I'm feeling right now will stick with me through the day, and onward. Have a great day all!

The Stats:
245.8/237.6/LD: 229/170
Old 08-16-2001, 01:15 PM   #17  

Hi all.

Sounds like all of us are struggling right now. I was thinking maybe we could find a way to get back on track. In another group, I found that they are posting 10 positive changes that they have made on their weight loss journey. Maybe this will help us to realize the positive changes we are making rather than just focusing on the scales. Since I have just started revamping my lifestyle, I have not yet mastered any of these, but I will keep working on them.

1. Large increase in fruits and veggies that will keep me healthier regardless of my weight
2. Large increase in water intake.
3. Large decrease in Coke - now 1 diet coke a day
4. Large decrease in Alcohol consumption
5. Focusing on where I want to get and who I want to be
6. Clothes beginning to "sag"
7. Small increase in daily exercise (must work on this more)
8. Decrease in intake of fatty/wuggary foods
9. Discovery of wonderful online support group
10. Commitment to myself as special and deserving of good treatment.

So, my LD goal looks like it is going to be down to the wire, but I am not too discouraged. I am trying to do this in a healthy way and really make lifestyle changes (as opposed to "crash diets" I have lost quickly on before).

My "2 1/2 weeks to go" goal is to come be half way to my LD goal by LD AND to do the treadmill 1 hour before work for 6 of the 12 work days left until LD.

Anyone else have ideas of how to get reinspired?

Bailey
Old 08-16-2001, 01:49 PM   #18  

Lauren: I think you go thru the same thing I used to go to. If I saw a loss, or if my husband said "your looking good", or if anyone noticed I'd lost a smidgen of a lb. I would feel so proud of myself and then find myself eatting. I think I've finally overcome that....but I'm not sure how I did. This whole weight thing is such a 'mind trip'!!

I get to claim it!!!! Put me down for another 2 lb loss. I'm now officially at 185. (I have lost 30 lbs).

I have really high arches and the thing that connects the arch to the heel in my right foot has been breaking down. I'm wearing a brace to help it and hope that it won't require med. attention. Puts a damper on walking right now and I'm curious to see how it is after standing on my feet all weekend at a show.

We are out the door and headed to Lexington. See you all on Wed. - jul
Old 08-16-2001, 02:27 PM   #19  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Still hanging around.....

Hi Everyone!

I know I don't post as often as I used to but I'm always around. There's been some personal stuff going on in my life but I just wanted you to know I'm always "lurking" and thinking of you. I think it was BFB who said we have to all try harder to take our own advice. We're so great at being nice and supportive to each other so let's be nice and supportive to ourselves!!

I've never posted my weight because I'm emberassed to see it in writing even though everyone feels that weigh and it doesn't matter if fat to you is 140 or 240 pounds but if you're emberassed then you're emberassed. Anyway I just made it to the 169.5 mark this morning so I'm pretty happy about that and I thought I'd share it.

I don't remember where I found the recipe on this site but someone talked about the Snickers Pie dessert and I made it last week and it was soooooo good. If you can't find or don't have the recipe let me know and I'll pass it along it was delicious and tasted like Snickers - I couldn't believe it.

I hope everyone is having a good day and I'm always out there thinking good thoughts for everyone so keep at it!!

Elisa
Old 08-17-2001, 09:42 AM   #20  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I trying really hard to keep it together, but I seem to have lost my willpower, and part of my motivation somewhere!! Willpower has never been my strong suit, but I have to at least get more motivation back!! I walked twice around the building at lunch yesterday, which is just over a mile, so that was a small accomplishment. There's a chance of rain today, so don't know if I'll get out there today.

Elisa- Good to see you post! If you change the setting to show posts from a few months back, you'll find the Snicker's Pie recipe. I have never made it, although I love Snickers, because I'd probably eat the whole thing!

Jul- Yeah, that's probably what happens to me...I am trying to work on that. Congrats on the loss...and on the 30lbs. total!! That's great!! Hope the brace works out for you, and you're not in too much pain this week!

Rabbit- How did WI go? Good I hope! It sounds like you've got your "mo-jo" back!

Vicki- Glad to hear you got the day care/school thing figured out...what a mess that sounded like! I got your message finally...there was something wrong with my bookmark.

Pryia- How's it going? You did not continue your food log! Hope you are hanging in there!!

Hello to everyone else that has not been posting lately!! Hope you are at least lurking!!

And...HAPPY BIRTHDAY SETINA!! (I cheated, when I was trying to figure out my bookmark issue, I noticed that the top of the page said all the birthdays, and Watermelon is one of them!)

Have a great day all!
Old 08-17-2001, 04:25 PM   #21  

HELLO EVERYONE!

Nice to see so many posts!

I gained .5 yesterday - really thought I would maintain or even have a small loss, but such was not the case. Anyway, I'm sick of the whining and the excuses (mine ofcourse). I've got to do this right!

Bailey - I think you are so right with the "lifestyle" change mode - I think that is the only way we can make lasting changes and keep this weight off. Getting reinspired is so tough! Yesterday I pulled out different weight loss stuff I had and had written and read them all again to refocus. At our ww meeting, our leader talked about ways to have a jump-start week and get ourselves moving again. Some of the things she said - Journal; overestimate our points; exercise 20 minutes everyday; drink lots of water. Hmm. I'll have to try to think of the rest.

Jul - hooray for the loss! Sorry to hear about your foot. Have fun in Lexington.

Elisa - congrats on making the 169.5 mark!!!

Lauren - Great that you are walking! Try to think about the positive good things you have done. Let go of the bad stuff. I cannot rely on willpower. My goal is to try not to tempt myself in the first place - to plan for success. Hang in there.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WATERMELON!!

OK, for the positive changes I have made:
1. I eat a lot healthier diet than I used to. Lots of veggies and fruit.
2. I exercise regularly - practically daily.
3. I pay attention to what I eat.
4. I don't buy junk food.
5. I drink lots of water.
6. I gave up mt. dew.
7. I plan healthy meals.

have a super weekend. Will update my mileage soon. Plan to bike ride and go golfing this weekend. Also moved ss out today and will move ds out on Monday. It'll be a busy weekend!

RABBIT
Old 08-17-2001, 07:57 PM   #22  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!

Good evening all!!!

TGIF!!!I would faint if I had to work tomorrow...IT is soo busy that I am pooped by Friday..WEnt to the healthclub..It is wonderful to be back on track...I had totally lost myself lately and have to return to my premarital days of dieting and healthclubbing....I think I am totally hormonal after getting off the pill.. Who knows..It seems like my energy zapps out about the week before Aunt Flo which never happened on BCP;s.

Welcome back Elisa!!!!

Great idea Bailey....

1.Not sure..have to wait a week and I can do it!!

Take care all!!
I think I am putting on 3 hrs of Barney...and climbing in bed with DH and just talking and laughing,,,pretending we are in Europe again!!!!!
RR
Old 08-18-2001, 08:59 PM   #23  

HI ALL

Day one - OP. WooHoo.

Mileage - 555 miles.

have a good one.

RABBIT
Old 08-19-2001, 01:11 AM   #24  
Getting back on track!

Hi Everyone!

Remember me? I have been lurking every once in a while and I really appreciate the birthday wishes. I had a great day. The big 35! The day before I was so sick and thought I would have to go to the ER but I finally got my migraine under control. I am still going through a lot right now with stress and depression but I am doing somewhat better. Weight loss has been zilch. I should be off the steroids I had to take this coming Thursday. We could not get my headache to break so the doctor said the steroids were an option to help with the swelling in my head. I lost vision for a few minutes the night before I went to see him so that was scary. I sure hope that one day I outgrow these as my mom and grandmother did.

I do want you all to know that I think about you and miss you. I usually lurk and dont post because I hate to drop in and then disappear.

I do hope to be back soon on a regular basis.
Hugs
Setina
Closed Thread