Old 02-12-2006, 10:43 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default New Thread Week of Feb 12th!!

Wow--we are all soo busy excercising no one is posting!!!!(Hmmm..I wish!!!! )I lost 1 lb so hopefully off the stall for awhile!!
It is finally cold here from 75 degrees to 30 degrees so I think winter has arrived!!Took the kids to see Curious George yesterday and resisted all movie temptations..
Ok..off to grocery shop and then do something constructive!!!
Mardi Gras season is back, so off to see a parade!!!
Take care
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:32 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Well, we got seriously blasted last night!! And I don't mean with booze!! I'll post some pics in a bit. At last check they said the town next to us had 18". DH and Peter were outside shoveling...Peter finally came in for some hot chocolate. He had sooo much fun! Glad he finally got to wear his snow pants and snow boots! I think it's supposed to continue snowing for a good part of the day.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #3  
Running Wild

it was 28 here in houston this morning. when i hit the park it had made it up to about 42 and thats the coldest i have ever run in.

i had a horrid day run-wise, so instead of the 5 miles my training log called for, i made it 6.2. granted i walked alot but so what?! the extra 1.2 miles were my "punishment" for not being on my game today...

2 weeks till my 10K!!
JustJuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:11 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all, I just got back from checking out Notre Dame. I loved the campus, although it was really cold when I took the campus tour. (Luckily I had on long johns) I am looking at graduate schools as if I haven't punished myself enough. I don't think that it is the school for me though, so who knows where I will go. The program I want isnt a big one, so I am pretty limited. The next one that I will be checking out is Wright State, in Dayton OH.

Lauren, I am soo sorry that you got slammed. I guess 2 fronts colided right over you. (Bummer)

This weekend I have not been good. Of course being on the road didn't help. Got to buckle down this week.

PS 97 Days to Graduation!
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:23 PM   #5  

HI everyone. I am new but wanted to post agan. I had a wine tasting at the wine shop and drank a couple of glasses (along with some of the bad, but yummy appetizers) and I gained 2 lbs! I exercized my butt off walking 10K steps on Friday, Sat and Sun and doing weights. I didnt think I was that off. I had a grapefruit for Breakfast and skipped lunch (too busy working). I know it will come off in due time but it is hard to step on the scale after hard work and see a gain!! ALSO...I went for a long walk at 7:30 AM (in 11 degree weather) to the grocery store (2.5 miles away). I was trying to get my work out in before we opened the wine shop. Some normal looking (but creepy) guy beeped at me went through his light, then turned around and blocked me off from walking. He asked me if I wanted a ride and I said no thanks, Im exercizing..and he asked if I was sure, I said yup, and then walked around his truck. He stayed there until I walked over the hill. I was TOTALLY creeped. I called my DH and made him stay on the phone with me till I got home. WHat makes men think that this kind of this is OK. EWWWWW....

ON a positive note, I went MAJOR shopping today. Bought my DH stuff to make him a Valentines Basket. I bought a new dress, and cute undies, new GORGEOUS deep purple heels, and a new jacket for our night out tomorrow. My friend Amy is bbsitting and we are going out to dinner. We are friends with some of the local businesses. We help them out by advertising to our wine mailing list when they have events. I am excited to go out. FUN, FUN. I will not over-do though. I think I will have a little wine and some lobster ravioli. YUM!!
Well, hope you all have a GREAT V-Day!!

Laurie
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 03:36 PM   #6  

Default Hello!

Hi guys,

I've been MIA for awhile now.

I'm back, just been busy, sometimes I post to other places on this site. I could never remember where I used to post.

I've lost about 8 pounds so far and I'm still working hard. I've been averaging 1.5-2 pounds loss every week since joining WW. I am now exercising 2 times a day (or at least I try to!).

Happy Valentine's Day!

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 258/233/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Newbie here, jumping in - hope nobody minds. I posted a "new here" thread, so my little intro is in there.

What's the general thing on this board? Do you all do your own challenges, stick to the ones in the challenge forum, or a bit of both? Just curious! Off to browse more - have a great day!
mom2alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:12 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Jenn, :wecome2: Glad to have you with us! I'm Lauren, 37, mom to Peter (3) and Robby (1). I have about 90 lbs. to lose. I have done WW in the past with success. I'm kind of winging it right now, trying to log my food and count calories. Think I may need to go back to points though.

Lisa (kittty), Congrats on the loss! Keep up the good work!

Laurie, That guy sure does sound like a creep! I would've been freaked out too! Do you own a wine shop? I don't care for wine, but I can imagine it would be rather difficult to abstain if you like the stuff! Kinda like I'd be in a chocolate shop!

Lisa, Girl, are you looking to be a professional student?! Come to college in NJ, then we can get together!

JJB, Good for you on all that exercise! I'm not even giving you any pity on the weather!

I have two sick kids and one crabby DH home with them, so I have not had a chance to post the snow pics. Hope everyone's having a great week!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:39 AM   #9  

Lauren, I don't know if my goal is to be a professional student, but I do know that if you are in school til the age of 65 your loans are forgiven. So in answer to your question, maybe. I have been online to another site that helps narrow down the schools for you and there was a school in NJ, and I thought of you. However I am not one for snow. I am thinking warmer climate. (Not hot either) I am soo picky.

Well have to get ready for work, will try and post later.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:34 PM   #10  

Default Me again!

Hi guys,

Thanks LBH, I'm trying real hard. I try to get at least in an hour of exercise in 5 days a week.

Hope you all are well.

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:31 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi everyone!

We decided to cancel our second phone line without considering our DSL was on there! So. I am on achingly slow dial-up for the next week. I will not be around much, I can't take the slow connection. Neither can Alex. It takes too long for me to do stuff!

Keep up the good work!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:28 PM   #12  
BIKINI BOUND

S/C/G: 235.5/158.5/150

Would ya'll mind if I joined your group? I like the idea of a group of 30 somethings!!

My name is Lisa, I am 36 years old, the mother of two girls, 14 and 9! I am the wife of the love of my life! We met when I was 18 and he was 19! I am a substitute teacher, and stay at home mom.

I started the Atkins diet on Jan 4, 2005. As of today, I have lost 78 lbs. I am trying to motivate myself to exercise...I need to start firming everything up!

That is about it for me. Not anything to exciting! LOL

Lisa
fritzz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:58 AM   #13  

Lisa, Congrats on the loss so far. You are more than welcome to join us.

Lisa Mac.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #14  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Wow Lisa!! Awesome job!! We're glad to have you in our group! The more the merrier!!

Hey everyone, haven't been around much. Well, been lurking :lurk: just haven't posted in a while. I don't know if I mentioned but I gained a pound two weeks ago but at last WI I had lost it again. I hope it doesn't find me again. I hope you are all well.

Lisa Mac, how is school going? I'm sorry to hear you didn't like ND. That's my fav team I hope you are able to find something that jives with you! You're right on your way for having your loans forgiven. I'd go with that.

Take care everyone!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 04:38 PM   #15  

Mama, the main part of the down side to ND (I love their team too!) is that for a 2 yr. degree it costs $90,000. No thank you.

School is going. I have 92 days left til graduation. Spring break is coming up two weeks from today. Not that I am excited or anything!

I am actually taking a break from studying so I need to get back.

Lisa Mac.