Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 04:29 PM   #16  

*roflm@o*

Lauren - I can almost picture you bouncing up & down in your chair while you typed that last message! I too am a huge Journey fan. I have ALL of their albums, including the original intrumental one. Unfortunately, a lot of them are still on tape, I haven't replaced them in CD yet. I do have their box set in CD. They were actually the first CDs I ever bought. I didn't even own a CD player at the time (1992) but my boyfriend at the time did so he convinced me to buy them in CD & he taped them for me so I could listen to them at home & in the car. Boyfriend's long gone, but I've still got the CDs! The book that comes with that box set is worth the price alone. A LOT of info about the songs & albums. I missed the VH-1 special didn't even know it had been on until someone else mentioned it Tuesday night. But I never watch TV, much less VH-1 or MTV so never heard about it. Anyway, hope you have a great time tomorrow night! Oh!...and if With Your Love had been out last year I would have used it as MY wedding song too!!! It's perfect!

LE
Old 06-29-2001, 08:49 AM   #17  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello folks!!!
Wow..if Steve knew we were all gonna marry him..he would be impressed!!!!!!
I listen to Journey(the old stuff) all the time!!I love to cruise with the top of the car and sing loud!!!!Hmmmm...I wonder if the feeling is the same when I trade the ole car in for the SUV?

Been excercising regularly..I will skip today so I can pull out the old carpet to prepare for the new installation..THey wanted $500 to do it for me..but tight wad me will do it herself!!

Well...I am thinking about getting motivated...THe glass room is almost there-it better be complete for this afternoon cuz I need the "kids" with me everyday..I feel guilty cuz they need brushing and the nails clipped!!!This weekend will be the Cat Weekend Spa treatment!!!!!

Well off to the fun!!
Vicki
Old 06-29-2001, 09:32 AM   #18  

Y'all can all fight over Steve...I'll take Jonathan anyday! Doesn't matter to me that Steve Perry's not there anymore...so long as Steve Augeri sounds a lot like him *L* Actually, Steve Perry was not truely an "original" member of the band. He didn't join the band until after their 3rd album I believe. In fact, Neal Schon is the only "original" member left. Their first few albums were more instrumental and had a different lead singer. But Steve Perry was with them on all the albums that got them well known as a band so I guess that's what everyone identifies with the band. Even my favorite Jonathan didn't come in until about their sixth album. I love all their stuff...including their first 3 albums which are VERY different in my opinion.

Hadn't thought about renting roller blades. I might try that sometime. I used to be pretty good at regular roller skating & I was half decent at ice skating as a kid, so I guess I could probably get the hang of it!

TGIF everyone!

LE

Last edited by Legal Eagle; 06-29-2001 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-29-2001, 10:54 AM   #19  

Hi all. I am back in town and glad to be! I've gotten myself back in check eating-wise also since coming home.

I am sure loving this weather!

BFB - glad you are enjoying your inline lessons. What a fun way to exercise.

RR - Great idea to save that $$ toward your dream home!

Karen - yeah for getting your environment weight-loss friendly!!

Happy - I loved your reading challenge.

Lauren - some of those lean Cuisines are just great. And they have the point value on them. Hope you enjoyed the Journey concert. Oh, and your wedding pictures are just beautiful! Everyone looks so happy. Thanks for sharing them.

Legal - Scarey!! Glad you are okay.

Better go - Rabbit

Last edited by Rabbit; 06-29-2001 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-29-2001, 11:17 AM   #20  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Man, I don't know how I'm getting any work accomplished today...I am soo excited about the concert tonight!! I have already started planning my food for the day too. Since I am leaving here at 3:00 and meeting my friend at the firehouse to go down, dinner was up in the air. I think the concert starts at 7:00, so I told her to pick up a sub sandwich on the way to the firehouse and we can split it and eat it when we get down to the venue. Did I mention that I'm a fan club member and with the confirmation they said that there's a possibility that we might get lucky and get backstage passes?! I think I will just fall over and die if we do!! And you know it's gonna be like, 150 degrees out and we'll be all gross and sweaty, which pretty much guarrantees we'll get those back stage passes to meet them!! LOL!!

LE- LOLOL, yes, I was/am practically bouncing out of my seat!! You know, it's funny, the only Journey albums I ever had were Captured, Escape, Frontiers, Raised on Radio and Greatest Hits...and now Arrival. All the others were cassettes and are long gone...time to hit the web and buy new ones!!

Rabbit- Welcome back, hope you're feeling better...weren't you a bit under the weather before?

RR- LOLOL, if only!! He's supposedly coming out with some new music soon...can't wait! Sounds like some spoiled kittys are in your future!! Actually, they'll probably consider it chinese torture, clipping their nails!!

Gotta run, much to do in the next 3.75 hrs.!!
Old 06-29-2001, 12:05 PM   #21  

Oh ladies... where to begin.....

I went on my first date since I left Joe a month ago - this guy was not only HOT but massive (built - he works out all the time).... OH MY GOD was I in love when I saw him...... he also happens to be extremely sweet and has a fantastic sense of humor!!!!!!!!!

I also got the apartment I wanted - they are just looking over my credit report which should be no problem!!!!

I cannot contain myself today... I can't concentrate on work..... I'm just insane with happiness!!!!! (plus I didn't sleep at all last night).

Journey huh? I used to love Steve Perry!!!!! I think they are coming around here too... Have FUN at the concert!!!!!

Just wanted to post real quick...... trying to get something... anything done at work today.... thank God my boss and my VP aren't here... I'd be screwed if they were.... LOL

Hope you are all enjoying today as much as I am!!!!!!!!!

Keep Smilin'
Kymber
Old 06-29-2001, 03:00 PM   #22  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

I've been MIA for a few weeks. I've been getting pretty discouraged about the whole weight loss thing. It seems that when things get stressed the easiest thing to drop off the table is the healthy eating, and I wish I could just stop that. But, on the other hand I've said all along that I just didn't want to gain weight before the wedding, since I know I eat under stress, but still, I was hoping I'd do better.

On a good note, I listed my house last Thursday and on Friday had two offers . We were headed out of town for a relaxing weekend, so I didn't hear the offers until Sunday night when we got back. But I'm pretty excited I got more than I was asking for!!! Now we're just waiting for K's to get a bite so we can start seriously looking for something new. Our realator said to wait until after the 4th. But it makes me nervous, I really want to be moved and settled by the end of Aug.

LBH - I'm sure you're having a blast at the concert . And you're doing so much better now that things have settled down. Congratulations.

Happy - Welcome home! Glad your sister's doing OK. Good luck getting back on program.

Kymber - sounds like you're having a blast. Glad to see everythings working out for you.

BFB - Glad you're taking to rollerblading. I've rented them a couple of times and enjoyed it, but I couldn't take the dog along he'd kill me the first time he saw a squirl. Have fun and it's great that DH goes along.

RR - are the cats all moved? Hope you're settled in to Refman's. At least K and I will be moving togther so maybe it won't seem so wierd (yea right).

Elise - I don't know I still like to complain about the heat, even though it doesn't last. But then I'm definately a cold weather girl. I can't imagine being Refman and moving from Mich's UP to New Orleans!!

LE - Glad the bug bite didn't turn out worse, how scary!

Well, this is turning into a novel, so I think I'll go

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

- Tech
Old 06-30-2001, 10:02 AM   #23  

well the weirdos didnt finish the glass room..they had to leave and after playing all day it will not be done until next week.(remember-no work on weekends )
Refman and my dad covered the "window" holes with chicken wire and I moved the cats over any ways..One cried all night-I wanted to put her in the house but are trying to train them that they live here..Well, it is cat love all weekend!!!

Lauren-how was the concert????

Tech--Good luck on the real estate!!!!How is the wedding plans????????

Kymber--wow! Sexy and sweet too????

Have a good one all!!!
RR
Old 06-30-2001, 10:08 PM   #24  

hi all. Hope everyone is having a great day - sure is beautiful here. Went biking this morning and really enjoyed it. Tomorrow is golf.

Lauren - Yes, I was sick and am much much better - although I still have some of the congestion.

Kym - you sound so happy! Hope he stays as great as he seems now. Congrats on getting the apartment you wanted.

Tech - congrats on the house offers. Hang in there with the healthy eating - it takes time to develop new habits and can be so so easy to revert back to the old. Over time that will get better, don't you think?

RR - so where is the glass room? Is it shut off from the house?

have a good day - Rabbit
Old 07-01-2001, 09:10 AM   #25  

hello all!!!!On to the new thread!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread