Old 09-15-2005, 12:44 PM   #16  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Hi again - congrats Legal on the loss!

ERgirl - I am with Legal on this - he needs to come on over to the 21st century and smell the pine sol - if housekeeping is womens work then he should get off his duff get a job that pays well enough that you dont have to work and go to school full time or at all - then you can clean and take care of the kids and watch tv all day. Sometimes you have to ask them and yourself - if you are doing it all - breadwinner, housekeeper, parent, then what do you need him for? If all he does is "babysit". I am sure he has his good qualities that you skipped in your rant -but maybe you should ask him what exactly he thinks he is contributing to the household dynamic? Just a thought.

LBH - owch the piggy toe - that hurts! Jammed it on something didnt ya? A kids toy, a chair leg? I feel your pain and there is nothing they can do is there? Not like they can put a cast on something so small?

Fire department, rock - me - hardplace. All I am saying. I will post an update once I get a few things straightened out.

Later
ajandpj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 02:48 PM   #17  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone!

I am so tired today! I couldn't sleep last night, but I was lucky, the boy slept 'til 9! this morning. I have a chance to get him into a free preschool program through the local high school. I am so considering it. We are going to go check it out. The only problem is that it's from 8-9:30. That's SO early! And what am I gonna do for an hour and a half that early? It will be two days a week. The reason I am considering it is because my playgroup fell apart and the only other playgroup with kids his age has a mom in it that I just can't deal with. So, I want him to be around other kids. What do you other moms think?

Also, there is a possibility that we will be going to CA for a couple of months! DH may have a job assignment out there and his boss said that Alex and I could go with him! I'm sorta nervous and excited at the same time. It would be in LA. I so want to go there!

OK, sorry for the ramble!

Ugh, I forgot and used the quick reply. I can't go back and see what everyone said! I'll have to pop back in later.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #18  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Karen, yes you can, just scroll up! I say go for the preschool! Do your grocery shopping! Or window shopping....or go home and pay some bills? Bring your breakfast and sit in the car with a good book...or laptop!! Congrats on the pants!

PJ, yup, stubbed in on mom's fridge! Just have it taped to the next one and dragging it along like a ball and chain.

LE, congrats on the loss!

ER, yeah, I'd have to kick DH's arse if he had that attitude! Hope you can work something out with him. Why doesn't he work?

Kathleen, Thanks for popping in!

RR, Peter does nothing but tell me no, and ignore me these days. I almost killed him today. Think I scared him into taking a nap.

Ugh...more later...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 10:45 AM   #19  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone,

I feel so productive today! In two hours I made breakfast (pancakes even!), cleaned the kitchen, made the beds, put two baskets of laundry away, dressed the boy, cleaned the bathroom and mopped the living room/dining room and kitchen. Whew. I'm tired.

Lauren: I was on the second page and couldn't scroll back up!

I hope everyone is having a super duper day!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 08:05 AM   #20  
Melissa

Unhappy

legal eagle, ajandpj99, and LBH - thanks for all the comments and its your business to comment cause I put it out there for comments. I was beginning to think that maybe somewhere I was wrong and asking for too much. I see from your comments that my thinking is not crazy. I would like a man's point of view and show him..cause he really doesn't think he is doing anything wrong. And when he does do a load of dishes once or laundry half done once.. he thinks he is doing the world!! For right now convience is him here and watching the kids.. but watch out world when I'm done and my kids are a little older to watch themselves.. the needs of mine will lessen and so will a 162lb (he weighed himself last night) weight loss will be off my shoulders too!! What makes me mad most of all is that I've warned him of this!!! He works on and off again. He does a/c and its getting out of season now. Last time he worked was last week for 2 days, but the time before that was 3 weeks earlier. And I don't ***** on the days he works just when he is sitting and doing nothing.. Well sorry for rambing.. thanks for listening..
ergirl2270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:33 PM   #21  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

ER - Well I would never get my hubby to post - but here is what he does for us - first, no kids, just 20 acres of blackberries. I work from home but suck at the housework, he drives truck 3 days a week gone on the road, no sleep, bad food. When he is home, not only does he take care of the outside but he will also toss in a load of clothes, load the dishwasher (badly, but its better than nothing) and sweep the floors. The sweeping would not get done if it werent for him because I am lazy. I do the shopping, the budget, the bills, I make dinners and his lunch for the road. He makes all his own brkfsts, and lunches when at home. I rarely help him outside with cutting wood or yard work unless he really needs the hands.

If and when I get around to vacuuming and dusting - I would say we are about equal in what we contribute (his contributions are more physical where mine are more mental)- and he makes more money than me - makes me wonder why he keeps me around - I think it is my budgeting skills - always been good with the hording of funds.

That- and with him on the road 3 days - he needs me to tend to the animals. But that is my exercise so I reep a benefit.

Anyway - it seems to me that any relationship requires teamwork - so if you are doing it all and he is just baby sitting - hire a teenager to do it - they are cheaper and you might get one willing to do the dishes.
ajandpj99 is offline   Reply With Quote