Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 04:56 AM   #16  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning all...We have electricity and were very lucky...There are houses in my neighborhood down the street with trees through them so I am happy just to clean up the mess in the yard..Lauren--.New Orleans was hit very hard and the pics are unbelievable. Biloxi and Mobile got the east side which has the hard winds so they were devastated also..All the malls, stores subdivisons etc are completley underwater..We only got 50m/h winds here and rain but now the flooding is starting with the rivers cresting in a few days..Continue sending prayers to the poor folks affected who cant even get back to their homes..
I am off to work since N.O. hospitals/nursing homes have air lifted patients to us and every where else..
Welcome ER...
Off to work..my 17 hr lifting, turning pulling day yesterday helped me to sleep good last night...
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 08-30-2005 at 04:58 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:48 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

ergirl, hello and welcome! I am sure you will find the support that you need and encouragement too.

RR, I am so glad that your house wasn't badly damaged and will continue to send prayers your way.

Well the first day of classes are over for me. I don't think I will like my first class (ART 100) of course I was told there would be no drawing. The person that told me was wrong. My Second class is awsome - of course it is a business class. My teacher is a guy and we most likely be getting out early for Monday Night Football. (The class is suppose to run from 5:45 - 9:45)

Anyways I need to get ready for work. Talk at ya'll later.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:27 PM   #18  

Hello all..this is the first time in my life I have ever been faced with this much tragedy..I am working 17 hrs/day and seeing people that have lossed everything..We are getting transfers from NO hospitals that have to evacuate everyone...Today..we were on "decontam" duty which meant, we had to wash people that were rescued after 2 days of sitting in water with dead bodies and chemicals..New Orleans is devastated as is Biloxi, MS..They are reporting that bodies are seen floating in the streets of people that didnt leave or couldnt leave..Please keep all in your prayers.. Thanks...
RR
Old 08-30-2005, 08:40 PM   #19  

RR, I am still praying for not only the people in NO, but also those that are helping, the rescuers, those that are doing what you are doing. Praying that you would have the strength to continue what you are doing and grace not to "flip out".
Old 08-30-2005, 09:09 PM   #20  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I've had a hard time getting on here today.

Lisa, glad school seems to be going good soo far.

RR, I feel soo horrible for all those people. I'm glad you didn't get hit too bad, and I hope you don't get flooded in the next couple days. I'll continue praying for everyone.

ER, Welcome! Jump right in!

Tomorrow AM is the big day! 9:00 interview...positive thoughts and prayers please!!
Old 08-30-2005, 09:19 PM   #21  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone,

RR: You and all those involved are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you remain safe through the next couple of days.

Lauren: Good luck on the interview!

Hello to everyone!
Old 08-31-2005, 12:18 AM   #22  
Melissa

Thank you all for the welcoming notes. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

LBH- good luck with your interview, I'm sure you'll do great!!

LP - I started classes yesturday also. I am going back for RN degree. I am currently an LPN doing the work of an RN but just not getting the same pay. Good luck in school, whats your major?? Let me know if you need any help.. this is my second time around for college.

RR - You wrote that you work in a hospital, what do you do? Sorry about all that is going on around you. I am just glad that you and your family are safe, please stay that way!! My prayers are with you and those you come across. Wow 17hrs. Long hours!! I thought my 12hr shift was long!!

Karen- what day does everyone weigh in on?? is it a specific day??

Talk to you all soon.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:26 AM   #23  

Good Morning...Well..now that the levee system is breaking, NO is completely going underwater...What a mess..they are still cutting people out of attics and rescuing them from rooftops...Now there is so much looting, robbing and carjacking going on that the military has been called in..Even the interstate is washed away so U cant even drive in places..THe prisoners have been evacuated to a dry place on the freeway...Unbelievable...

ER--I have been an RN for almost 20yrs...(I started at 10 y/o )Welcome to our group and good luck in your studies..It is well worth it and I couldn't think of anything else I would want to be when I grow up..
Take care!
RR
PS..I think the diet is on hold...some hospital somewhere in the USA sent us pizza in the ER sooo I ate on the run...
Here is a pic of downtown NO http://www.foxnews.com/

Last edited by RoadRunner; 08-31-2005 at 05:39 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:39 AM   #24  

RR, I think in a situation that intense it is okay not to stick to your diet - as long as you get back on it. Our prayers are still with you.

Lauren, good luck with the interview. You're in my prayers too.

ergirl, I am going for a duel major in Business Administration and Marketing. Even though this is my Bacholor Degree, this is my third time around. And I only have 262 days until graduation. I am attending a small private Catholic college.
I weigh in on either Sat. or Sundays depending on if I remember or not. I just recently started doing that again. I think we all have different days, you just pick one and stick with it. Try not to do it every day, cause that can get depressing - seeing the flux.

Well time to get ready for school. Catch ya'll later.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:48 AM   #25  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Interview went well! Spoke with one VP, who said he thought I was a good fit, but he wants me to sit with the other VP also. He's going to try and arrange it for this week. It's a really small office, I would be employee #13...which is nice, except that the benefits aren't that great. They pay most for a basic plan for me, which I can upgrade, but they don't pay for dependents. There are a few plans to choose from, and I can pay for the family. It's just a matter of seeing if DH's plan is cheaper...his is pretty expensive. Thanks for the prayers!

RR, the pics are just devastating. I cannot imagine what those families are going through.

to everyone! Have a great day!
Old 08-31-2005, 02:10 PM   #26  
Melissa

LP - I definatley see what you mean about seeing the scale everyday. I hopped on it last night and saw a two lb weight gain and was soooo upset but then I woke up this morning and saw the scale at the same weight its been . which was confusing cause i've been pretty good. But then my monthly friend came upon me So now it all makes sense!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 03:30 PM   #27  

ergirl, Yes I tend to weigh myself as soon as I wake up, but after going to the bathroom. That is my ideal time to weigh in. I also try not to eat before hand, cause I figure the calories won't help. (Again silly)

Lauren, congrats on the good news. I hope that it works out. Do you think that you would like this job? Do you think that you would be a good fit? Not that I am superstitious, but employee 13? yikes -

RR, how are you holding up? That has to be horrible. I am praying for your strength to hold up, as you take care of all those people. There is no way that I would want to do what you do. It takes a special kind of person to do that. You are certainly one of those. Hang in there!
Old 08-31-2005, 03:51 PM   #28  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone,

RR: I hope you are making it through the day OK. Those pictures are heart breaking. I've been listening to it all day. It's amazing what people are doing to help, but it's also amazing what others are doing as far as the looting and all.

ergirl: Yep, just weigh in on whatever day works the best for you. It's really best to try to resist the temptation to weigh every day. It's easier to get discouraged that way.

Lisa: Hello! Hope school is going well.

Lauren: Cool on the interview. Hope things go well with the other VP. What kind of work is it?

Hello to everyone else!
Old 08-31-2005, 07:40 PM   #29  

.I think I have cried the entire 2 hour drive home(8 miles)but soo many cars, people etc etc..There is no gasoline...We were getting 100 ambulances bringing people in...I transported handicappped CP kids today..with vents and trachs..the babies are out of formula in the shelters, they need diapers..pregnant women ready to deliver and no where to go..Now the crime is hitting here..people lost their drug supplier and now are carjacking and robbing here and withdrawing in our ER...The poor people that lossed everything.....Work wants us to be on call 24 hr a day..and ready to go in at any moment day or night..soo if DH gets called in to work also...does my ******ed stepchild watch my babyat night??? I do have daycare in the morning hours.....I am getting frustrated and at my wits end....My job says to dress them and bring them into the auditorium at 1am????I guess I am being selfish..but I just cant do that..my kids come first....

Lauren--Keep us posted about the job..Glad the interview went well..Where are the jobs with the good pay and the great benefits..It seems like it is one or the other??
Thanks for the well wishes..I will try to quit my verbal aggrivation in my posts...
Thanks soo much to the folks of Texas for offering the Astrodome as a temporary "City" for the refugees..
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 08-31-2005 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:06 PM   #30  

RR, no that is definitly okay to vent to us. If you don't vent to us then who will get your frustration and anger. We understand that it terribly, terribly rough. We all share our joys and frusterations. It just happens that yours, at this time is more than anyone could possible expect. I dont mind at all. It also helps me in how I pray. (Knowing someone who is in it first hand) If taking the babies in is what is required, I don't know - they need you there. That is absolutely a rough call. Be careful with all the looters.

Karen, thanks for asking so far (1 week down) everything is fine. We have gotten out early each class. - That's not going to happen again.

Lauren, keep us posted.
Closed Thread