Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2001, 08:47 AM   #16  

Dani, 4 pounds? Wow! I'm so proud of you. I lost two pounds since last week. Tomorrow, I'm meeting with the gym trainer and getting some fitness tips. I'll let you know how it goes.

Rabbit, your loss is great. It must feel really good to have action morph into progress.

Jennelle, good luck with the baking. Make some lowfat muffins for yourself. If you want, I'll post my pumpkin muffin recipie. Three points each, and very satisfying. I modified a WW recipie.

Vicki, hope you got some sleep last night.

Dani, when we lived in NJ, we shopped at a really bad Acme and a really nice Kings.

Lauren, I use whole wheat flour, but not all the time. I find that it makes certain things too heavy (like pancakes.) So I usually use a 50/50 ratio of unbleached white flour and whole wheat.

Elisa, maybe you should make a plan to not bake for a while. It's not like you have to give it up forever, but it might not be right for you while you're trying to get on track?

Well, it's going to be another hot day. I'm learning Photoshop with a Gateway tutorial online. I have to learn Photoshop and Illustrator before my classes begin in September. So far, it's very intimidating but I think I will like it. See you all later.
Old 06-12-2001, 10:43 AM   #17  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Dani: WTG on your 4 pounds! That's G R E A T !!!

Sonya : I would love the recipe for your pumpkin muffins! My kids love to eat that kind of stuff for breakfast, especially during the school year. It's portable, so they can eat it while they're dashing for the school bus.

Jennelle
Old 06-12-2001, 10:47 AM   #18  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Sonya- I bought a small 2 lb. bag of whole wheat flour last night and I noticed on the bag there's a couple recipes for bread and pizza crust that both say to use unbleached white flour. This all started because DH said he found a recipe for whole wheat pizza crust that we was thinking we could try out this weekend. I said wouldn't it taste good to have whole wheat crust, and topping of spinach, onions, ricotta and parm? He said yeah, so we're thinking about trying it. I have not seen the recipe he found, but I'm guessing it probably does have unbleached white flour too. Thanks for the info! Have fun learning Photoshop...DH has to teach me so we can scan the pics and stuff! Hey, when and where in NJ did you live?! I don't remember that little fact?!

Dani- Congrats on the big 4 lbs.!! You are kicking butt!! That's right, I forgot about GU going out of business! The one near here (work) is now a Stop & Shop, which is OK, but there's no salad bar.

Jennelle- No problem, anyone can look at the pics! Of course my hair is straight out of the bottle!! Actually, I do have some red in there naturally, that's why it matches!! And yes, I have been hearing about what a cutie my brother is for my entire life!! All my friends were always drooling over him!!

Gotta run and check in on my new boss...see if he can talk now!! Wanna get things settled!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 06-12-2001, 11:28 AM   #19  

Lauren, I lived in Montclair for three years (1988-91). I had my first daughter at Mountainside Hospital. And I worked in Livingston for ARC of Essex County. I was a secretary and the people there were pretty nice. But I was so homesick for Colorado and my family, so we moved home.

Just mix the flour 1/2 and 1/2 and see if you like it. I like some whole wheat flour because it has more fiber and seems like it fills you up better. Experiment and see how it goes. Also, just use the cheese for flavor and you will cut way down on the fat grams.
Old 06-12-2001, 11:53 AM   #20  
LBH

Sonya- Thanks for the tip, I will try it! Will have to use a minimum amount of cheese anyway, even though it's LF cheese, Jim's dad can't have too much, because of the strict diet his doctor has him on. That's soo funny, I used to live in Totowa, I could almost spit to Montclair!! DH went to Montclair State College...when it was still a college, now it's a University.
Old 06-12-2001, 03:23 PM   #21  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Jennelle, just wanted you to know that I really appreciate the time and effort it took you to type out that cute message, letter by letter in colors!!! t h a n k s !

dani
Old 06-12-2001, 03:49 PM   #22  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, I did not get the job. It's a long story, but the short of it is, I am fully qualified and he has no doubts I can handle it...if it were 6 months from now and things weren't soo hectic. It's kind of an experience thing, but not necessarily yrs. wise...if that makes sense! Anyway, we had a nice chat and he said if something does not come up and I'm at risk, let him know and he'll find something to do with me. I thought that was really nice of him. I also very highly recommended my friend Kristen for the job, because she really would be perfect for it. She doesn't necessarily have more experience, but she's got the tougher, louder, more outspoken personality to do it...and she's done a little more project work than me.

They do have something in mind for me...should find out more tomorrow.

That's all for now...
Old 06-12-2001, 10:59 PM   #23  
A princess in the making!

Wink FINALLY I OWN WON!!!!!

I GOT MY 10%
KEYCHAIN!!!!

DANI--- CONGRADS on the
4!!!!!

At my meeting they sell WW smoothie mixes
now. I bought the French Vanilla and will
try it in the morning.

Lauren-Don't worry I am watching for
Parsipanny for you. So hopefully that will
come through.

Sorry to tired to type!!!!

Old 06-13-2001, 07:12 AM   #24  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Pryia that is GREAT!

Congratulations!!!!!

Lauren, sorry about the job.. looks like something new is coming though. Hope it is something you will like!

dani
Old 06-13-2001, 09:18 AM   #25  
LBH

Hi All,

Pryia- Congrats on the keychain!!! I can't wait to get mine!! I've got a ways to go yet though. Do they still give you the 10 lb. ribbon??

Well, they called my friend about the job, she's gonna call them this AM. Hopefully she can get in for an interview this week, or a phone interview today! I'm really excited for her. Hoping to hear something about the position they have for me too. It's a little disappointing, because it won't be as exciting a position as the one I could've had, but it'll be better than where I'm at!!

Anyway, I'm going to weigh in tonight. There's an Express mtg. at 5:45, not sure if I can make it there in time though, if not, there's a 7:30 mtg. I'll have to go to. Has anyone gone to an Express mtg.? Is it any different? How do they manage to get it done with in an hour, if there's a lot of people there??

Have a great day all!!
Old 06-13-2001, 11:43 AM   #26  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Go Pryia! Go Pryia! It's nice to see someone reach that elusive 10% goal! I hope to have mine at my July 27th weigh-in. (I've got 11.5 lbs to go as of last Friday.)

Lauren...I've never been to an express meeting, but I wonder if it's anything like the "open meetings" I go to. The center here is open continuously on Fridays from 9-2. You can go weigh in and get your literature for the next week, but there's no meeting. At first, I thought I would need the meetings, but I find I'm doing well without them. (I get most of my support on-line, anyway!)

Jennelle
Old 06-13-2001, 07:29 PM   #27  

Hi all!! Sorry I've been missing lately - been busy this week.

Lauren - The lemon squares lsound like these - the crust is flour, butter and powdered sugar I think, though. I was thinking I need to try to change the recipe some next time. I would think you could sub wheat flour if you want. I like Sonya's idea of half and half. I've done that before. And I know I've made a whole wheat pizza crust before - I do think it had some other flour also though. Good luck at your weigh in - and also with the job situation.

Elisa - good luck with your weekends now that you have identified the problem! DH's bday was over the weekend - I was going to make him a snicker cake, but decided I couldn't handle it and made him this peanut butter/chocolate thing that everyone loves but me. That worked well.

Happy - first, congrats on the 4 pound loss! And yes, I'm back on track. It was just a slip up. I have a plan, a strategey, and I'm working the plan. I sent the remainder of the lemon squares off with sd to FL.

Jennelle - hope the cheesecake plan worked! It sounded like a good plan.

Sonya - congrats on the 2 pound loss!

Pryia - congrats on the keychain!! You have worked hard for that and deserve a big pat on the back! We are proud of you.

OK, I must run. Weigh in is tomorrow night and I hope I don't gain, but I can deal if I do.

Rabbit
Old 06-13-2001, 09:28 PM   #28  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Hi Everyone,

First, thanks for all your support for my weekend blues. I'm going to have to try harder. For me weekends should be a bit more indulgent, it helps you not feel like you're always deprived, but I still have to keep things in check. This weekend we're doing some fathers'day barbecuing and I'm already better prepared. My husband bought these very fattening burgers but I bought turkey burgers for me - we'll see how it goes. I've still been going to the gym so I feel good about that.

Rabbit - good luck on the WI - hope it's good news.

Lauren - hope your WI was okay - what is an express meeting?

Congratulations to all the losers!! - You know who you are and you always give me inspiration.

Thanks,
Elisa
Old 06-13-2001, 09:48 PM   #29  
A princess in the making!

Unhappy

Hello all!!! Man I am so
tired and I am going to bed really early.

Today was one of those fat days. I just ate
what I was in the mood for and did not
really care. And I am okay with that. Maybe
that is why I am tired too.

I ordered a new swimsuit. One of those
Tanktinis. But the bottoms are like boxers.
So much better than what is in my closet. I
figure I will be more willing to go to the
waterpark. And if I really like the suit I
will order a smaller one for next year. Just
have to guess and hope I do it right.

Rabbit= Did you know there is a WW recipe
for Snickers pie? I have not tried it, since
I am not a baker.

The French Vanilla smoothie was good. I made
it with the skim milk.

LBH and Rabbit good luck at WI. Hope it goes
well.

Hello to all!!!

A very tired P
Old 06-14-2001, 09:34 AM   #30  
LBH

Smile

Hi All!!

I weighed in last night at the express meeting and lost 5.4!!! WooHoo!! I'm soo excited, I really did not expect that much of a loss, I was think 2. something maybe. As far as the express mtg. goes, they basically just fit it all into an hour, WI, discussion and newcomers! Last night she said she decided to just go through the whole program process with us. Will go again next Wednesday and see what a normal mtg. is like with her because she seems fairly nice.

Had to go to Wal*Mart afterwards to pick up honeymoon pics that magically appeared in a pair of DH's shorts that had gone through the washer and dryer!! We weren't sure what was on them, and were hoping some came out!! Well, all of them came out, and theyr'e all of our cruise....if that's what you want to call it!!! LOL, wait til DH gets the computer fixed and I can scan the pics and you see the size of the freaking dinghy we were on!! It's horrible. My point to the Wal*Mart story though is, I had not eaten dinner yet, so I was starving, and I could've gone off the deep end and eaten there, or gone to one of the many food places in the mall or parking lot. I really wanted to buy some Double Stuff's, because I've been craving them. What I ended up doing was buying Reduced Fat Oreos, to satisfy my. They are1 pt. each. I brought them home, had my tuna fish sandwich and apple. Then decided to have a pop, instead of the Oreos, because I wouldn't have had enough pts. for milk and Oreos!! I didn't touch them until this AM, when I opened the bag and made 5 snack bags of them...3 each. This way I will not be tempted to take the whole bag and a huge glass of milk to the sofa with me!

Have a great day all!! Will check in later!

Last edited by LBH; 06-14-2001 at 09:41 AM.
Closed Thread