Old 03-06-2005, 09:16 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default *~*Week of March 6th*~*

Hi All,

I cannot believe we are in March already!! Time is just flying by, I only have 2 more weeks home with my baby!

Wendy, poor Anna! Glad she's OK...I'm sure she'll have lots more bumps and things in the process! I know how traumatic that can be. DH had Peter in his bouncy seat on the kitchen counter when he was 3 months old. It vibrated off the edge, and onto the ceramic tile kitchen floor! He called me on my cell, (I was on the way home from work), frantic because he didn't know what to do. Peter was fine, did not lose conciousness, but was really crying. I told him to meet me at the ER. I got there before him and it was just dreadful waiting for him! I had all sorts of horrible thoughts going through my head! They checked him out, did a a CT Scan and pronounced him OK. He had a big ol' goose egg on the side of his head for a few weeks. They told us it would probably be there for a couple months! I felt like such a horrible mom every time someone looked at him and asked what happened! DH felt horrible too. We were able to joke about it eventually though, saying that when he gets older, we really can use the excuse that we dropped him on his head as a baby! I know, it's sick humor, but you do what you have to do to not feel guilty and undeserving for the rest of your life.

Lisa, good luck with the projects...sounds like a lot of hard work. Maybe a gym break during the day to break up all the stress of school work?

Moma, interesting about the cream in your coffee. I just started using Coffeemate liquid in my coffee to try and avoid dairy, since Robby's been very gassy. I haven't noticed any difference yet (in my hunger), but then again, I haven't streamlined myself into total diet mode yet. Funny you mentioned Chef Kathleen's site. I just read about her somewhere else within the past couple days! I haven't had a lot of chance to check out the site though. I liked her show also.

to everyone!! Come out of hiding!! Have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:30 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning Everyone!

My boy slept until almost 10 yesterday and until 9 today . Maybe this getting him to sleep in his crib is good for him. Friday night I only had to go settle him once and last night I had to go to him twice. But each time it was only one visit. I think we are making progress! (I'm not saying that very loud, I don't want to curse us!)

Lauren: Oh wow, I can't believe it's tiime for you to go back to work already. I remember when Peter fell off of the cabinet. It helped me to remember that when I fell and dropped Alex on his head when he was 4 months old.

Wendy: Alex had a CT Scan at 4 months because I fell and dropped him on his head. I felt awful for months and when I see the pics him then I still feel bad. At least your little girl made it to 8 months before she got the ER trip! She's doing way better than mine. I've already taken him to the ER twice. I hope it's not a prediction of the rest of his growing up!

Hello to everyone! I hope you are all having a great weekend.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:52 AM   #3  
No description available.

Ohhhh, injured kid stories.

My 3rd kiddo has had a rough time of it. When she was 2 she fell off a step at church under my mil's supervision. Broken leg. The following year, she fell off my bed and cut her forehead on a box that was nearby. Stitches, and now she has a scar and looks like Harry Potter. The following year, she was standing on a chair and fell off. Broke her arm. Ironically, the same pedi who stitched her forehead in an emergency slot at our pedi's office was at the pediatric urgent care when we brought her in for x-rays of her arm. I really don't beat my kid!! Did I mention all of these events occured in the spring for the last three years in a row....knock on wood and cross your fingers this spring passes without incident! None of my other kids have had either a cast or stitches.

I went running yesterday for the first time since November! I am too much of a weenie to run after dark and that is when I have time to exercise. I have been doing step aerobics at home but was worried that I had lost all I had gained running. Well, I went 3 miles, they were 10 minute miles, but I did it. Can't walk so well today...

Have a great Sunday!!

Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 02:37 PM   #4  

Good morning all (well afternoon for you guys lol)

Its first thing monday morning here, I'm up bright and early because I have to be up at 5:45 am 3 days a week to get the kids to before school care/preschool early enough for me to make it to uni for my 8:30 class and am frantically trying to get used to opening my eyes this early. I've been working my butt off for the last week (unfortunately my butt has also been glued to the computer chair) with 3 assignments due in the next week. For three days last week the closest i got to my husband was a kiss hello/goodbye as I run in the door and he ran out it to go to work (night shift - he works a 12 hour shift pattern) - for the first tiome in the year since I started I wndered if it was worth it but anyway I only have 48 weeks of uni until i graduate - it's spread over 2 years but really it's not long now. Anyway I've managed to reach my St Patricks day goal a little early so yes I might add a couple of pounds to it ( I just so love seeing the you've reached your goal message lol).

Lauren - How fast has it gone. I can't believe your almost ready to go back to work - wasn't it only yesterday that you were begging robby to make an appearance already?

Karen - 9am & 10am - please tell me your secret, my kids are aged between 4 &11 and 3 of them were waiting on the lounge watching tv when I stumbled out of bed at 5:45am, not that I could have slept in but an hours or so of peace when I got up would have been nice lol

Wendy - I hope Anna feels better now, between my 4 kids we've had 2 broken elbows, stitches in the chin, stitches in the forehead, newly erupted baby teeth forced back into the gum and surgery to remove my daughter frenulum from between her 2 front teeth( bit of tissue that connects the lip to the gum) oh and a concussion. Gosh that sounds really bad lol but it was spread over 4 kids and 11 years lol. No Don't feel too bad - accidents happen and some kids are better at decorating their head with lovely goose eggs than others.

Midwife - wow congrats on the run thats great. I'm not sure what the miles - km conversion but it sounds like a massive distance. I can barely run to the corner lol but I am getting better.

Lisa - How are those papers coming - I get the feeling your workload is a lot higher than mine. I think I'll stop complaining now lol.

Hello to everyone I missed.

have a great day/evening ( really must get this time thing down lol)
Amity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:40 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Amity, I have two major projects due the last Thursay in April and a presentation and project (on the same topic) due on May 14th. For the stuff that is due in April, one is on the Immigration of Irish to the Toledo, OH area and the other is a film review on "The Quite Man" with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. They are both for my History of Ireland class. The other class is Advertising and it is business related.

Wendy, I have no kids to tell you stories like everyone else, but I can tell you about me. My CB Name was "The Band-Aid Kid". My Grandma joked that she should by stock in Johnson and Johnson. I never had a cast, but I did have stiches. And yes I was accident prone. Hopefully your daughter will grow out of it.

Karen, I am glad to hear that your son is starting to do better. I know you must be doing better as well. Only one or two times to wake up during the night. . . Can you see the time when you sleep all the way through? I hope so.

Hello to everyone else that I didn't mention.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 11:51 PM   #6  

Sorry to post twice in one day but I just had to share this lol. I had to get my kids blue books out this morning and inside were my antenatal cards and guess what? I now weigh 6 pounds less than I did when I fell pregnant with Jack or Hannah (my weight when I fell pregnant with both of them was 189 pound - I now weigh 183 pounds). Definitely doing the happy dance

Lisa - yikes, definitely a higher workload than me lol
Old 03-07-2005, 10:24 AM   #7  

Amity, when is your uni overwith for the semester or quarter? My college is on semesters and I am done May 14th. I have a nice long spring break from March 23rd - April 4th. Hopefully we will have Spring-like weather.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:55 AM   #8  

Congratulations Amity!

One thing they should put in the front of every baby book - a warning that at some point your child will fall from something and hit their head. It happens to everyone. When it first happened to Cate - who squirmed out of her high chair while I washed dirt off my hands, I was sure DSS was on their way to lock me up. After she recovered and was signed off by her Ped. I metioned her fall to a few other more veteren moms - all of whom could vividly remember when their child did the same thing.

Can I share my little victory today? A few months ago - at my highest weight - I ran through our local Elisabeth store (which was closing). Everything was 1/2 price and I knew I'd need some new fancy work clothes. My kids were melting down so I just had the saleslady grab two blazers, two pair of pants and two tops for me. I told her my size and what I was looking for - I approved her selections - paid and ran from the store. When I got home and started trying things on, there was one blazer that was clearly too small for me. I was devistated - first because I thought that it was my size, and had to realize I really had gained weight, and second because never, in my entire life, have I bought something too small with the hope that I'd someday lose the weight and actually fit into it. This weekend, going through my closet I pulled out a pair of pants I had put away because they were too small, just to see if I could get into them. I got into them & wore them out for the day! Prompted by my success with the pants, I tried on the coat this morning. IT FITS PERFECTLY!!! I'm wearing it now and am hoping this kind of reminder will be the reward I need to keep me on track when my resolve is being test.
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 02:13 PM   #9  

Hi everyone,

phew busy chasing kittens this morning, they are now nearly 5 weeks old and all over the place. I am constantly moving them from half way up my curtains and removing them from my brand new lounge which I have no desire to see tiny little claw marks in lol. I also should have mentioned in my last post that the kids blue books are the books given to us by NSW health when your child is born, all their information from their checkups and immunisations as well as all childhood diseases go into it, it is kind of like a portable health record. When you are 12 weeks pregnant over here you also recieve an antenatal card which all your appointments, weights blood pressure, fundal height, baby movement etc as well as previous pregnancy history is written on and you take this every time you have an antenatal check or present to the hospital for whatever reason.

Lisa - we have 2 x 14 week sessions in one year with 4 weeks each session being clinical prac (ie in the hospitals). I have a 10 day midsession recess from March 25th until 4th April, then we go back until exams fromt he 10th to 17th June. Then we have a recess until 18th July. We go back for session 2 (spring session) and finish that on the 29th october for exams and then thats us for the year until late february/ early march. phew its a long year.

momadancee - that is amazing, congratualtions. It feels so great when something that was once too small finally fits. Thats great!

Anyway better go I have some research for a group presentation to do. eww I hate group work lol.

have a great day everyone
Old 03-07-2005, 08:29 PM   #10  

Momadance, Congratulations!!!!! I love when that happens. It is also great motivation to continue to lose weight.

Amity, I think you are in school less time than I am. Maybe not. I cant tell for sure. All I know is that I had a final tonight so my brain is fried.

Hello to everyone else.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:53 AM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Ugh, I started typing yesterday, then had to go quickly and shut it out by mistake! Don't have much time now, but I thought I'd ask the stupid question of the day...

Amity, so, since it's warm weather there now, does that make it summer, or is it winter? Are your seasons still the same time of year as ours, just different temps? Just curious!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 02:15 PM   #12  

Hi everyone - quick hi today. I've got one child going to school camp for the next 3 days and I still have to finish packing his gear as well as 2 going to before school care and 1 going to preschool in an hour still have to do the most important thing first .

Lauren - Its now Autumn here. I don't know about the difference in temps and my conversion to Farenheit is shocking but I'll try lol. In any case it was 27 (81 degrees F) degrees here yesterday which was really nice, some days in the middle of summer were in the 38C (100.4 F) and 39C (102.2 F) one day hit 44C (111.2 F) - it was so hot DH's shoes began to melt on the pavement while watching our sons play baseball in Sydney! So glad autumn is here I suppose to compensate for the heat we don't get much lower than 15 C (about 60 F) where I live in the winter lol but it does get much colder elsewhere. BTW I forgot to mention before - the photos of Robbies baptism (is that right?) are just gorgeous, he's grown so much and love the snowman

Anyway better go pack bags lol, I'll talk later
Old 03-09-2005, 08:26 AM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning everyone!

It's freezing here today and from what I've been hearing it will be for the next couple of weeks. Ugh. Monday we played outside with NO jacket for two hours. Yesterday it snowed a couple of inches. Weird, weird, weird weather. I'm sooooooo ready for spring.

We are doing ok on the sleeping. He's sleeping in his crib the whole night, but he got up for the day at 6:30 Monday and today. Yesterday he slept unitl 8:30. I like that muuuch better I feel like I need some of this today: and I don't even like coffee. I'm going to be spending the night away from DS for the first time ever on Friday night. I'm SO nervous and yet SO excited at the same time. My MOMS Club is having a regional meeting on Saturday and the board members that are going are going to stay the night at the hotel. It's going to be like a big pajama party! It will be interesting to see how DH does with the nighttime parenting. He's never had to do it. The most he does is go get him for me occasionally.

Amity: What is school camp? Sounds like you are doing super on the wt loss. Keep it up! You are an inspiration to me to get off my lazy butt.

MomaD: Yeah! Totally awesome on the clothes fitting. Doesn't that feel wonderful.

OK. Gotta go. Somebody needs me. Have a great day!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 02:01 PM   #14  

Hi all,

same old same old for me today, it is 5:47am on thursday morning and I am up having some me time before the big rush to be out the door by 7am. These early starts are killing me and I still have another 10 weeks of them at least. We got some wonderful news yesterday, both my older boys have been selected to represent the region for baseball. They both were selected for the u12 development side. The trial were 2 weeks ago and they tried so hard and have been waited with baited breath ever since and they got the letters yesterday. They are so excited and we are so proud of them both - this will be jaydens second year on the Illawarra side and Dylans first. Now we just have to come up with the several hundred dollars to pay for uniforms and Dylan needs a new bat and mitt.

karen - Thanks I'm really happy with myself this time around. I think I can actually make my goal . I couldn't do it without you guys cheering me on though, this site has made a huge difference to me, So Thankyou
In answer to your question every year the school conduct school camp, where they take the yr 3-6 kids(the ages range between 8 and 12 yrs) to a camp ground for 3 days/ 2 nights. It happens over a 2 week period - the year 3 & 4 kids go on the monday and come back on the wednesday, then the year 5 & 6 kids go and come back friday. The kids get to sleep in tents, go for bushwalks, swim and basically have a great time. they also learn alot about the various plants and animals in the region. It's a great experience for them.

Hi to everyone else

have a great day/evening
Old 03-10-2005, 05:38 AM   #15  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!!
GO AMITY GO!! (more cheers!!!)

Well...not much to report..We go next week for another x-ray..After 3 weeks in this brace we are both ready to get it off!!! She is much better because I can actually pick her up without her screaming!!!

Well..I actualy did something I have never done in my life before..Saturday, I had to pick up DH from a McDonalds and K wanted to play..I took her through the entire playland and then we slid down the slide several times..DH was laughing at us and threatening to take pics!!!Those tubes sort of smell!!!hahaha..Must be those sweaty little boys that do that!!

Diet wise--doing ok..Getting lots of excercise running after K so nothing formal...I did squeeze into the pants size I want to be comfortably in and wear them soo that was good for me..My new goal is to zip without laying on the bed!! I dont weigh ever soo I go by clothes sizes!!
Have a great day all..GOod Morning!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote