Old 02-13-2005, 09:17 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default *~*Week of February 13th*~*

Good Morning All!

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend. We did our taxes yesterday and are very excited to be getting back a lot!! The guy said we were the second highest he's done this year soo far! WOOHOO!! Most of it is already spent, before we even get it though.

It's beautiful out today, but cold...currently 31° here. But the sun is shining and it doesn't look to windy. We're going to brunch later with my mom, grandparents, and B & SIL & kids for SIL's b-day. She turned 40 on the 7th.

Unfortunately I have to take Robby to the Drs. this AM. He's got a cold or something, and it's starting to concern me. Sounds like he's sawing wood when he breaths sometimes, and he's got this gagging type cough. Poor little guy, I'm worried about that RSV, since he's only a month (today!) old. The Dr. just called me back and asked me to bring him in at 11. We have his one month appt. tomorrow afternoon, but he didn't want to wait.

I'll update later.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 02:03 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Lauren I am so sorry to hear about Robby. I hope everything is okay. I'm crossing my fingers hoping that it is just a cold.

I just wanted to check and see how everyone was doing before starting in on homework. Oh joy, Oh thrill.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 02:19 PM   #3  
No description available.

Poor baby, and poor mommy! I hope everything is okay...
Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 10:34 AM   #4  
LBH

Hi All,

Thanks for your concern! Thankfully everything is OK! The Dr. said his lungs are clear and strong, he's just got a good head cold. He gave me an Rx for his eyes too, because they're still gunky (blocked tear duct). He said it will go away on it's own, but these drops will help intermittently. DH & Peter came along, so I asked him to take a quick look at Peter's ears, because he's been sick-ish for about a week or so, and Saturday he slept from 3 pm pretty much straight through to 6 am! Except for a short break around 5 when DH brought him up to his bed. His ears are clear, Dr. said it's probably just the virus that's going around, but that's not to say he won't get an ear infection in a few days. I don't think so, because normally it would've incubated by now. He usually gets one within a week of being sick.

Anyway, I'm glad Robby's OK...I had visions of heading to the hospital for a chest XRay. He said I could give him about 1/8 tsp. of Pediacare, if I wanted. (I told him I had put some on my finger and gave it to him, because he just sounded soo horrible.) So today we're headed back to see the same Dr. for his 1 month check up. I'll post stats when I get back.

Have a great day all!
Old 02-14-2005, 05:34 PM   #5  
~In my own little world~

Aww poor baby. I worry so much when the babies are sick. My son has tracheomalachia and his breathing has always been hard for me to hear. I hope Robby gets better soon.

It was a decent weekend. I went out with DH Saturday night. All my kids headed to the doctor beforehand though. Sinus infections and upper respiratory infections. Lovely, eh?

I got on the scales today for my weigh in and tada....I'm down 2 more pounds. 205!! I'm so psyched. Have a great day everyone.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:00 PM   #6  

Hope all of your Valentines days went well. I was in class for mine. Of course I don't have a guy, so it really didn't matter.

Lauren, I hope your boys get better. I hate to see (or hear about) children suffer(ing).

CND, congrats on dropping weight. I comend you on that.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:47 AM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

Lisa, thanks for the well wishes. Your valentine's sounds as exciting as mine. Normally I would've made DH a heart shaped dinner...mini heart shaped meatloaves, cakes, or cookies. But i didn't have time ot go to the store, so I found a recipe for corn dogs, which he likes. They turned out good, but he didn't eat them until really late, so I was a little PO'd. That along with Peter being a whiney brat from not feeling well, and of course Robby and his constant need for attention.

CND, oh, hope your gang is feeling better soon! Congrats on the loss!

It's 48° now and DH said it's supposed to go up to 60° today!!! I'm psyched, DH said i could go flitting if I want! I had to change Robby's appt. from yesterday because when I went out to start the car, my front tires were flat. > So I was stuck home. DH put air in them last night, so we will stop at DH's office to say hi, then drop off valentine's at daycare for Peter, then go to the Drs. at 1:00 for Robby, then go flitting!
Old 02-16-2005, 12:09 AM   #8  
~In my own little world~

Slow day here. Had my pre-op appointment today. It's a go for Monday. I am so ready for this to be over with. I ate well today and exercised even better tonight. It's late and I'm going to bed. I hope you all have a great day.

Take your vitamins.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:33 AM   #9  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good MOrning!! It is 4:20 AM soo I can not think straight enough to say hey to everyone individually...
Lauren--Glad the boys are better..That is rough, I know speaking from experience with 2 sick ones...

CND--Good luck in your procedure on MOnday..Hope things are not too serious...How scary with having a little one with Trachialmalacia..U have to be soooo careful with colds and Upper resp stuff!!

Hello to all...I survived Valentines day with no mishaps until DH showed me his Dove Darks..Darn it..I ate 3 last night but did skip supper so maybe that added out???? We were soo busy at work yesterday that I never got to eat lunch until 4pm and was soo exhausted when I got home that I went to sleep for 8pm...Plus..K choked on Fritos that SD gave her..I was unloading the dishwasher and when I turned she was gasping and bluish in the face..I had to do a total of 8 back blows before she threw up the wad of fritos..She then kept vomiting after that and crying soo all was well..SD#2 was crying and screaming, DH was fussing cuz he had just mopped the floor and I am screaming hysterically at all of them...I think they scratched her throat cuz she only wanted yogurt for supper..WHat a zoo..I can not leave her alone ever with #2 and that makes life soo difficult at times..THank Goodness for LExapro!!!!
Have a great day all!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:02 PM   #10  
LBH

Hi All,

So here's the update...at one month, Robby is 12 lbs., 8 oz., 22 1/4", 15 3/4" head, pretty much off the charts...just like his brother. He's doing great, except the ped. saw a black dot on his right eye, thought it was some kind of cataract. Went to a pediatric opthamologist today and all is OK, there's nothing there. He does have a slight stigmatism, but that's very common. Nothing to worry about. Unless I notice anything before hand, he'll be checked before Kindergarten again.

I went to the Drs. today because I think whatever I've got is turning into a sinus infection, and last night my left eye gooped up, with the right one starting too. The Dr., who I had not seen before, said she didn't see any infection, but keep taking the Advil Cold & Sinus, saline nasal spray, get some Afrin or Dristan nasal spray for a couple days, and gave me an Rx for eye drops...which she said was related to sinus'. She didn't want to give me an antibiotic though, because I'm BF'ing. So I called my mom and told her to please bring home some Zpak from work tomorrow (she's not there today). It's obviously an infection, but the Dr. was just being paranoid because of the BF'ing. I should've told her I had Zpak at around 13 wks. PG, and right before New Year's.

Have had a busy two days out all day. It rained for awhile today while we were out, but for the most part, two days of 50°+ weather! Yesterday was high 60's! Going to lay down for a bit while mom has Robby and before DH & Peter get home.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:38 PM   #11  
~In my own little world~

Went to the admissions office today. That was less than joyful. I had no idea they would make me pay some of my deductable right there. It made me furious b/c I really wasn't expecting that today. *sigh*

I came home and instead of scarfing down the sugar cookies, I did housework till it hurt. LOL!! I really realized I'm a stress eater. So that was interesting today. Eating has been well today. And I think the kids are feeling really good today too. I'm hoping we are all getting on the right track. And yes, the tracheo. is a nightmare. They keep saying he will outgrow it but he's 2 and not showing any signs yet.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:54 PM   #12  

Hello everyone,
I am just trying to catch up on everything. If I don't read once a day, then it gets to be a lot. We are a talkative bunch. The past two days at work have been exhastive.(sp?) Anyways, after work today I had to go take a test for my History of Ireland class. (Boy was it a doosie)

As soon as I am done here I have to start a paper that has to be 3 - 5 pages. (Due Sat).

For Valentines Day my dad bought me a tub of Ice Cream - Cookies-n-Cream. I polished it off tonight, so from now on it is going to be strict.

Lauren, Hope you feel better. CND, hope the surgery goes well.
Everyone else, hello
Old 02-17-2005, 03:48 PM   #13  

Hi All

Just popped in for a super quick hello. I am running around frantically at the moment trying to catch up on everything before uni starts next week. arrghhh this is what I get for putting evrything off until the last minute lol. I have barely had a minute to breath. I found out some great news last week. I went for my usual 6 monthly blood tests (for my diabetes) and my HbA1c has dropped to just on the normal range so while my diabetes is still there this is a huge improvement and it is well under control - no meds for me yet. They said last time if my levels rose any then I would need medication. my Dr is very impressed lol.

Lauren - sorry to hear the boys (and you) have not been feeling well. I hope they are feeling much better now.

CND - Good luck with the surgery.

Lisa - Have fun writing your paper. I haven't been on hear for a wekk and its taking me forever to catch up lol

Hi to anyone I've missed
Have a great day
Amity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:29 PM   #14  

Hi all-

Had a great Valentines day also. Actually my hbuby and I were engaged on the 15th of Feb (many years ago) so we go out then. Had a great dinner, sea bass and spinach...yum!

We talked at dinner about doing the Oprah boot camp thing together with excercise etc. He was brainstorming with me about how to make it work for his schedule. He teaches college and has morning and evening classes 2 days a week, but is home in the afternoon.

Anyway, we signed the contract and I actually got up at 6:15 am (so not a morning person) and worked out. I was SO DARN PROUD of myself and now at work today I'm like some sort of bouncy person with crazy energy. Let's see if it lasts for 5 more days until I get a day off from working out.

Is anyone else do that 12 week excercise program? I think it helps to have a buddy so my girlfriend (who is a single mom) is doing it with us.

Sorry to hear about the sick kids, my two boys have been frightningly well this winter season. Hope your's get better.

Well, back to work.

Peace everyone!

Jenn
ChicSings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:41 PM   #15  
No description available.

Hi to all! This is a talkative bunch!
Lauren, I am so glad that you are smarter about z-packs and breastfeeding than that doc. Sigh. Believe it or not, before I was a midwife I had a physician's assistant tell me I could not take ibuprofen and breastfeed. Of course I knew I could, but it is quite scary when people give out info that is sooooo bad. Where oh where is the common sense? I guess it ain't too common...

My Valentine's day went like this: I was off and home cleaning and DH calls and asks if I had any plans for the evening. No, I replied, wondering in the back of my mind if he was plotting something. Good, says he, I am going to leave work early and go golfing! It is a good thing he has a lot of other positive attributes. I think I'll keep him, anyway.

I got my hair cut and highlighted today. I love it!! I had a nonscale victory at the salon. I was leaning back when she was washing my hair and my hands were full so when she was done I sat up using my abs only, no arm power required. GO ABS!! hooya!

Hello Amity, RR, Chic & Chick, Lisa, Karen, Rabbit and anyone I might have missed!! Have a good one!
Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote