Old 02-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #16  
~In my own little world~

Are any of you doing WW? Or even if you aren't, you gotta look at this site. Eww and ROFL!!

ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:17 PM   #17  

Hi 30 somethings.

I'm new to 3FC and wanted to introduce myself.
I'm Jenn from Portland . I am married with two lovely boys (are boys lovely) and a fabo husband. I work during the day as an operations/trainer/HR type and weekends I sing in a band.

I have been trying so many different weight solutions that I decided with my doc's help to just work on eating normal food every day, working out as many days as I can each week (min of 4) and loving my kids and husband in between.

So, I realized that I do better with buddies and people who make me feel accountable. My two best friends would love to be that person, but since they weigh 115 and 120 respectively, I need to look to people who are on the same journey as I am.

So here's my deal.

High Weight 254
Current 243
Goal 175

I'm 34, 5'9" and ready to rumble.

Peace-

Jenn
ChicSings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:10 AM   #18  
~In my own little world~

Welcome Jenn! This is a great board.

Where is everyone anyway? Did my nasty WW link make you guess disappear?

I am sure tired tonight. Never got the chance to workout this morning but I did tonight. My eating has been really well but I could really go for some fries for some reason. My DD is slowly getting better. I can't wait till all these sickies get out of here. Hope you are all doing well.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:49 AM   #19  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Had a "cling on" day yesterday!

CND, I've seen those nasty recipes before...hard to believe people ate the stuff! I don't understand why all insurances don't just cover all the shots/vaccinations they should.

Jenn, Welcome! I'm soo thrilled with all the newbies we've got posting, makes for some good motivation! By the way, I took a quick look at your site, you're a beautiful woman!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:34 AM   #20  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Hope everyone is having a great week. We are busy getting ready for our trip. I'm getting so excited! And a little nervous. What if Alex hates it? What if he's scared of the characters? Ack. I'm not sure a kid could hate Disneyworld but ya never know.

Hi Jenn! Welcome to the group. This is a great bunch of gals and we are here whenever you need us. Now put down that junk and go exercise. (How was that?)

I took Alex for a walk the other day to see how he would do with his leash. I know some people think they are awful but I intend to use it at DW. I know he won't want to ride in the stroller all day and I can't imagine how tired his little arm would be if he had to hold it up all the time to hold my hand. Anyhow, we walked the circle in front of my house, it's .7 miles. He practically RAN the whole way. He didn't mind the leash at all. I think he'll do great with it in DW. I figured he'd be tired from the run and take a great nap. Nope. He ran back and forth in his crib for an hour and a half! I may have created a monster. We didn't walk yesterday because it was playgroup and we ran out of time before everyone got here. Today it's raining so we can't go. Maybe tomorrow!

Hello to everyone I missed!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:49 PM   #21  
~In my own little world~

Karen-I used a leash with my middle DD and actually had people stop me and say some pretty nasty things to me. I'm a bit of a hot head so I was able to send them packing but it was the principle of it. I was just looking out for my baby's best interest. So be warned. I think it will be terrific in DW. Good thinking!!

Eating has been good today but yet again, no morning workout. I think along with my DD being on flu meds and still sick, me and my boy are getting sick. This has me freaked too b/c my surgery is the 21st and I can't be getting sick now!! *sigh* That's my whine for the day. I have a cling on today so I'm sitting around but I will take it I guess. Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:00 PM   #22  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Jenn: I was just checking out the bios (haven't done that in a while.) and saw that you volunteer in Romania. I have a friend who is an Occupational Therapist who moved to Romania to work with the children there. She's a missionary as well as a therapist. She's been there for about four years now. She really seems to love it there.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:58 PM   #23  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

So sorry I havent written. I've had the worst sinus/cold for the past couple of days. I hate being sick, I even called off yesterday. I hate to do that.

CND - I saw the site. Some of those recipe sounded soo gross. I remember some of those. Still eeww!

Anyways, hello to everyone. I need to go rest before class.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:35 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 243/133

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome! Getting ready to go to the local hotel for my 30 minutes of water aerobics. I signed up and designed my own routine-it seems like it is helping! .... Hubby just gave me an earlier Valentine's Day present! It was a shirt 1 size smaller than I had been wearing. He said he had noticed my clothes were getting baggier. IT FIT!!! Yeah!! I can't believe it! Wow! That was a good surprise!! Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome! I'll check inagain soon. Oh, and thanks for the great advice about squeezing exercise in daily. Off to swim.
Have a good evening!
Ann
abowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:36 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 243/133

Height: 5'7"

How do I get the little tracker at the bottom of your posts? Just curious.
Ann
abowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 08:58 PM   #26  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello to all the Newbies!! I had to laugh at those WW cards because I remember my mom doing them!!
I am doing strictly food cut back and no picking or deserts..It makes me not realize I am dieting so therefore miss the food cravings...I think I will face the scale and see where I am at...
I'll post later...THe queen fell asleep in my arms with her broom and cat and I am off to put her in the bed!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:37 PM   #27  

HI All

Thanks for the warm welcome. I totally put down the junk and worked out

I'm at work right now but taking a quick lunch break. I'm looking forward to the weekend with my boys and husband Brian.

KarenK. Yes I volunteer in Romania through an organization called Heart of Hope in WA. They work with NW Medical Teams here in Portland to send OT's and other doctors to the orphanages several times each year. They also have a summer camp and that is where I go.

I am a camp counselor for orphans in the system there and this is a chance for them to be loved on and run around in the grass instead of the concrete. The hope is that the memories they make at camp will help them in the dark times when they feel like they are not loved and have little hope.

Wow, that was alot of info that you didn't ask for Anyway, I think it's a beautiful country and love the people and the language. Do you know where your friend lives in Romania? It's not the big of a country. About the same size as the State of Oregon.

Ok, I didn't work out last night because I had a massage after work and REALLY didn't feel like messing it up. But that meant I sat on my butt with my hubby watching TV. Not Good!

So WHen I get off work I'm going to work out for an hour and then work on cleaning the house tonight to keep busy.

Peace, I hope you all have a great weekend.

ChicSings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:22 PM   #28  
~In my own little world~

I poisoned myself this morning so I am sick. I wasn't feeling good last night and woke up with a terrible cough at 2am. I got up to take some cough syrup and grabbed my hubby's instead of mine. His has codeine and I'm severely allergic to codeine!! I didn't realize I did it till about an hour or so later. I called the doctor's this morning and they told me to try to sleep it off. I'd only had one dose so I wasn't going to keel over. But I am very sick. Vomitting and itching with welts. UGH!! I've laid in the bed all day. I did get a shower this morning to try to get rid of the itchys. I can't take Benadryl b/c of the codeine. Stupid stupid!!

At least it's not the flu.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:23 PM   #29  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Karen, I fully intend to get a leash if I feel the need someday. I used to hate them, but the thought of something happening to Peter because he didn't want to be in the stroller or hold a hand terrifies me!

CND, What surgery are you having on the 21st? I'm sorry if you already mentioned it...sleep deprivation does nothing for my already horrible memory! Ugh, sorry you poisoned yourself! I sure hope it wasn't too serious and you're feeling better soon!

Lisa, I hear ya', I've got the sinus thing going on here too. Feel better!

Ann, What a great DH you have, noticing your clothes and buying you a new shirt! Good for you on the exercise. For the weight tracker, at the top of the page, see "3FC Features", then choose "Signature Weight Tracker". It will walk you through the steps.

RR,
Quote:
THe queen fell asleep in my arms with her broom and cat...
So is she a queen or a witch?!

Chic, That's awesome what you do in Romania for the kids!

We're off to do our taxes tomorrow sometime. I was gonna say AM, but realistically it'll probably be mid-afternoon! Robby's been going every 2 hrs. during the night...and day for that matter. Sometimes I can stretch him to 2.5 hrs., but I don't get any extra sleep. I've got about a month left to get him on a decent schedule...preferably only up 2x a night, before I have to go back to work.

Have a great weekend all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 01:02 AM   #30  
~In my own little world~

I'm lots better tonight. I still can't believe I took the wrong medicine. It's not like me at all.

I'm having a hysterectomy the 21st. I will just be glad when it's all over with. Not being able to workout has me more scared than the actual surgery. I've worked so hard to lose this weight and I hate to break my routine.

G'night all and Happy Weekend!