Old 01-08-2005, 10:29 AM   #16  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello All,

Just popping in for a quick note. Things here are pretty boring. We haven't been doing much!

midwife: Looks like you have some nice solid goals. It's always easier when you have a definite goal, especially when you write it out.

Lauren: Glad to see that you and Peter are feeling better. The doc doesn't want to give him the other meds because they are stronger. I know because I am allergic to a few of the weaker antibiotics. They don't want to give the big guns for sinus infections/ear infections unless they are absolutely out of control. They don't want the bugs to get acclimated to the strong stuff, so they like to save them for a really serious infection. Unless I feel like my head is absolutely going to explode I do not take antibiotics for a sinus infection. It's a pain in the, well, head but I want to save the big guys in case I get something like bronchitis or pneumonia. Crossing my fingers for you that the little guy puts in an appearance soon.

Rabbit: I hope baby Jane is better soon. RSV is a yucky thing. I know you'll be able to get the holiday gain under control in no time.

Lisa: You have good goals too.

Jackie: Good to see you. I hear you on the soda thing. We had completely stopped drinking them unless we were out. Then the store had them on sale and I bought them. Ugh. There for awhile that's all we were drinking again. I've gotten it down to a couple a week now. Now I need to lay off the juice and get in more water. Speaking of that, I'll go get a glass after I post!

Amity: Cool for you on the exercise. I'm looking at Pilates. What tape do you do? I have a B&N gift card so I've been looking at them online. There are so many! It gets confusing. I don't think I want Denise Austin 'cause she gets on my nerves. Other than that, I've no idea who to choose!

OK. I'm off to get that water. I hope y'all are having a great weekend.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 11:16 AM   #17  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,
My exersize lately has been helping my dad stay shoveled out! We got a suprise 7 inches of snow last night. There is about 12 - 15 inches (rough guesstimite). I am just glad I don't live over in the Cleveland Oh. area anymore. They showed it on the news as flooding up to the roofs.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:52 PM   #18  

KarenK - I use the winsor pilates tapes and love them. they're really easy to follow, and I'm starting to get some small results already. I only have the basics and the 20 minute workout tapes but at this rate I think I might buy some of the others too.

Lisa - I'm so jealous -we never get snow here and truth be told I've only ever seen snow on TV lol. I know all you people who get snow every year probably think I'm mad.
Amity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:15 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 7"

Amity, any time you want to visit and help shovel out, you are more than welcome. My feelings about snow is that it is nice until after Christmas or at the latest New Years then it can melt.
Congratulations on sticking with Pilates. I tried one tape once. Five to ten minutes into it I thought, "Forget this". It is definitly not for me. I do not have the co-ordination (sp??).
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote