Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2001, 11:24 AM   #31  

Hello all

Well, the MD goal is just not gonna happen for me...no way no how. Today, for the second time in 3 weeks, I stayed exactly the same. That is a net loss of .6 in three weeks. Yes, it is better than a gain, but it is still frustrating. I MUST buckle down and do this. I must...time for a serious attitude adjustment.

BFB- Good for you on your loss. Sorry to hear about your sis trouble...that has to be frustrating.

Rabbit - Great that you are back on track. No looking back...

Tech - Congrats on the loss. Your pics are great - thanks for sharing. My DH and your DF have the same name, by the way.

Have a great weekend.
Jhawk
Old 05-03-2001, 11:31 AM   #32  

Tech - it is fun to start over, if I could just keep it up all the time!! Congrats on your loss.

Jhawk - I'm back on track, but still have to face the music tonight. Maybe I just won't look??

have a good one all - Rabbit
Old 05-03-2001, 03:27 PM   #33  
Pink Thingy

Default Jhawk..

keep your chin up, I stayed the same for two weeks, before my loss this week. It's getting to the point that I close my eyes when I weigh in and I mutter to the scales "please be kind"
Old 05-04-2001, 01:48 PM   #34  
Donna

TGIF!!

I went over on points yesterday, but not as bad as I thought before I wrote it down. I didn't pack a lunch and so ran thru drive-thru fast food which put me way up for the day, but I had a light meal planned for dinner so I thought I could over come it if I skipped my snack. But, then I stopped at the grocery store on the way home so it was toooo long between lunch and dinner. So, I over ate snacking waiting for dinner to finish . I did however take the dog for a short walk, which I haven't done since Monday so that helped, and I think I can recover today, but I wish I didn't have to. Why do I do this to myself ??

Rabbit - How was WI?

Jhawk - How's that new attitude coming? If you figure out how to get one let me know how .

BFB, Happyface, LBH, Nancy, Freesha, Lily and anyone else I forgot - Hope your doing well .

- Tech
Old 05-07-2001, 09:17 AM   #35  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I'm not doing very well with the Memorial Day Goal, but I did lose 3 of the 4 lbs. I gained last week when I weighed in this AM!!

I see that I did not even come here last week to post my gain! Oops... On APR 30th WI, I gained 4 lbs., so I'm still up a 1/2 lb. from my MDay goal starting weight!

I also see that when I change my signature, it changes all the past ones too...guess I will need to do things differently with that. So here are the results soo far:

Starting Weight 4/16: 241.0
APR 23rd weigh in: 240.5
APR 27th weigh in: 244.5
MAY 7th weigh in: 241.5
Memorial Day Goal: 235.0
Ultimate Goal: 170.0

Guess I'll keep posting it this way! Have to start going in the right direction - DOWN, not UP!!
Old 05-07-2001, 04:19 PM   #36  

HI all. I'm back again. Believe it or not I was gone again this past weekend. I didn't journal either. But now (hopefully!!) I am home for awhile.

I was up 1.5 at last week's weigh in - it could have been much worse. I weighed this am after the weekend, not good, but plan to stay off of the scales until weigh in now. That will be quite a feat for me!

Tech - you said why do I do this to myself - THAT is the million dollar question, I think we would all agree.

Lauren - congrats on losing 3 pounds!!!

have a good one all. Rabbit

PS - I'd have to look up to see what my md goal is. I've been gone so much this time. I've only weighed in once and that was last week, so I'm headed in the wrong direction so far.
Old 05-08-2001, 09:58 AM   #37  
Pink Thingy

Default Well I didn't want to be the only one who doesn't meet their MD goal....

stats first

SW - 202.5lbs
GSW- 188.5lbs
CW - 188.lbs
MD - 182lbs
Goal - much, much lighter

So I guess it is 6lbs in 3 weeks - nothing like a challenge

I gained half a pound this week. Here are my excuses - not enough water and a couple of baaaaaddddd days, where I just wrote down what I ate, and was too scared to look up points. Health wise, it is the TOTM, but it the longest I have ever had, with back ache and stomach ache - hubby thinks I am the wicked witch of the north, south, east and west - he can't do right for doing wrong!

Anyway, I am gonna have a slice of cake to console myself I know that is the wrong attitude, but it is TOTM okay and then start afresh.

Hope everyone is doing way better than me!

One last thing - went a bought a new bra, I have lost two inches in the back - but seemed to have gone up a cup! Not sure if I won or lost out there

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 05-08-2001 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-08-2001, 10:57 AM   #38  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

LOLOLOL....

BFB - You crack me up!! I'm with you, not sure if it's a win or not, gaining a cup/losing a couple inches!! Have the cake, get it out of your system, and reboot!!

I think we all need a good kick in the butt right now...what is up with us?!?!?!
Old 05-08-2001, 04:02 PM   #39  

BFB - I'm not doing so hot now either.

LBH - I sure need the kick in the pattootie. I'm eating awful.

HELP

Rabbit
Old 05-09-2001, 12:42 PM   #40  

I am really struggling but am bound and determined to get myself straight. I'm spending time thinking of my goals, working out a plan, figuring out my mistakes - it's got to help.

On the plus side, my we are having beautiful weather!

Rabbit
Old 05-09-2001, 01:50 PM   #41  
Donna

Happy HumpDay Everyone!

Well I certainly could use a kick in the behind too. I haven't been doing terrible, but for some reason I've been craving sweets this last week. And I'm not a sweets eater, I'm more of a carbo junkie

But on a good note, I went to WW yesterday and I lost 3.6 lbs . The loss earned me another 5 lb star . I was pretty surprised and totally not expecting it. Still don't think I'll make my Memorial Day goal but I may surprise myself.

LBH - Congrats on the three pound loss . Even if you're only catching up from last week, it's better than continuing in the same vein.

Rabbit - How are those goals and soul searching coming? I know what my problem is, on my list of priorities weightloss is pretty low and that's not likely to change until Oct.

BFB - Too funny about the bra size. But two inches is two inches .

Jhawk - How's it going?

Everyone else - where are you? How are you doing towards those goals? Can't be doing much worse than those of us here.

Well, I may not be back until Monday, I took a couple of days off to work around the house and meet with the realtor, and my computer at home is slowwwww.

-Tech
249.2/233.8/229.6(M-day)/170ish (4.2 lbs in two WI )
Old 05-09-2001, 06:46 PM   #42  

Hey gang...

I am still struggling too. We are all in the same boat, huh? I have a million excuses and none of them actually justify my actions so I'll spare you...I just need to get it turned around and I am absolutely clueless as to how to do that.

Hang in there, gang. Congrats to the "losers" - you are all my idols. I am supposed to WI tomorrow...I will have to be a lot braver tomorrow than I am today for that to actually happen, but we'll see.

Take care...
Jhawk
Old 05-10-2001, 11:08 AM   #43  

Me again...I forced myself to go WI today. I lost 1.6, which I am extremely happy about. I would be happier if I felt I had earned it, but I'll take it any way I can get it. Still no where near my MD goal...oh well!

Here's the stats...

MDGoal Start: 187
Today: 184.8
So Far: -2.2
MD GOAL: 177 (haha)
To Go: 7.8 in less than 3 weeks...(snicker)

Catcha later gang...
Old 05-10-2001, 12:15 PM   #44  

HI all. Yesterday I was thinking about my weigh in (it's today) and I know I'm going to have a gain and I was feeling like such a failure and contemplating not going. But I know a big part of my problem lately has been my traveling and missing meetings - so, duh, that would be dumb. I realized I'm only a failure if I quit trying. So jhawk, like you, I will force myself to go.

Tech - I've really had a sweet problem lately too, and I always thought it was the salty things that got me more. I've got birthdays this week to make something for and was planning to make buttermilk brownies, but I am just not strong enough now so I came up with a great alternative. I'm going to make these peanut butter things - everyone here loves them - except me! Hooray! That temptation is kicked in the bucket. WOW WOW on your 3.6 loss!! Yeah for the star too!

jhawk - Congrats girl on the 1.6 loss - I'm with you, I'll take it any way I can get it.

have a good one - Rabbit
Old 05-11-2001, 12:32 PM   #45  

How about we start a new thread?

See you on Memorial Day goals #2!!

Rabbit
Closed Thread