Old 06-27-2004, 08:53 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default **Week of June 27th**

Good Morning All!!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! We were up early again... When do kids learn to sleep in on the weekend?!

We looked at a house yesterday, it's basically a mother/daughter that the owner has been renting out like a 2 family. It's not a bad set-up, although not perfectly ideal. It's got a nice size yard, but zero "curb appeal". The location is a little too far out for my taste, but wouldn't be too much worse for DH, it would only add about 10 minutes to his commute. I guess I'm just spoiled with my 3 mile commute!

Looks like it's gonna be another nice day today, hopefully we can get out and enjoy it!

Everyone!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 03:48 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We went out to play in the pool and had a minor mishap. The low side collapsed and we lost about 6" of water. I was able to staunch the flow but I'm not sure what we need to do. I'm going to wait for DH to get home to see about fixing it. We had a monsoon on Friday so the water level was way high.

Not much going on here. Just making it through the days. Can't wait for next weekend since DH will be off. Yeah!! I'm so tired of him being away and working!

Lauren: The house sounds cool. Is it to buy or rent?

Hope everyone has been able to get out and enjoy the nice weather.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 07:13 AM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning all!!
It rained all day but was beautiful after 4pm so we took the girls swimming at my brothers.. #2 came home from camp and she has been exhausted but I think she had fun..THat is the saddest part, we will never know since she doesnt verbalize her feelings or anything..#1 left for camp today..She refused to go last week cuz she was not gonna leave me alone with her daddy for a week...Oh well...Dh is trying to talk me into going to Europe again in Sept..of course bringing Kaylee but I dont know if she could endure a 10 hour flight to Amsterdam..He has business meetings and the couple we met in Belgium when on our honeymoon, would pick up Kaylee and I and we would shop in Paris and everywhere for a week and then DH would arrive and all of us would play for a few days..They have a baby, and DH is the Godfather. SOunds fun, but I am too scared to leave the country with my baby..Of course, the alternative to me staying and being stuck alone with 3 kids does sound worse...

Well..did ok diet wise...We ate Thai food one day, but I skip a meal if we eat out so hopefully it balances..I will get back on track today~~
Have a great one all!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:42 AM   #4  
LBH

Hi All,

RR, sounds like a lovely vacation! I say go for it!

Karen, it's a buy. I told DH I really don't want to live out there (it's in Randolph, conveniently about 3 min. from the IL's), but I know he really likes it. He told FIL about it yesterday when we were over, so he's gonna take a ride by today and give us his opinion on it...he's good at stuff like that. DH did not tell him that my mom is planning on moving in too. He said he'll tell him after he gets his opinion.

We actually went to see a house the next town over, Whippany, yesterday. I LOVE it, but it's not suitable for a mother/daughter. It's perfect for us though. It had 3 BRs, 2 BA, kitchen, laundry room, dining room, family room, and a year round front porch that was big enough for a play room/office! The yard was fenced in and was an excellent size. The only problems were, the 1-car garage was falling apart, it really needed to be torn down. The kitchen was small, not eat in, but that didn't really bother me. The main bathroom, on the first floor, had the bathtub, upstairs, which was a master bath, but with a hall door also, only had a shower. I would prefer the bathtub upstairs, for the kids. Also, the house to the left looking at the pic is kind of a flag lot...their front yard is kind of even with our back yard. And the house to the right is pretty close. The MBR was huge though, we'd have no problem fitting our furniture. It's a really cute cape, but waaay too expensive for us alone. They want $389 for it. I'll post the link to it, but the pic doesn't do it justice, it looks like a cracker jack box in the pic! House I would love to find a house in that area though, because it's an awesome area.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:09 PM   #5  

Hi guys,

Not much going on here today. Alex's cold is getting worse. He's getting a cough now on top of the stuffy and yet runny nose. The pedia care does not help him at all. I found a nose spray for infants that I am trying tonight. I hate nose spray but the poor thing can't breathe through his nose. So, I salined, squeegeed and squirted his nose. I also put the vaporizor on with eucalyptus oil. I hope all of that helped. If he's not better in a couple of days I'm going to take him to the doctor. It's been over a week now.

Lauren: The house sounds cool. Yikes, houses are so darn expensive in NJ. Ours appraises at $250,000 and you've seen it. It's nothing. I was watching HGTV on Sunday and really wanting to move to CA. It was so sunny!! But houses are even MORE expensive there so that plan went right out the window.

RR: Go for the vacation!! That's what the aisle on airplanes is for...bored toddlers!! I think it would be worth it for the time away.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful day.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:11 AM   #6  
LBH

Karen, You're house would probably appraise for at least 300K in Morris County! It's just sick. As for Alex, could it be allergies/sinus? They gave me Zyrtec for Peter once because he had a cold that was lasting for over a month. It worked right away. You could also put a little bit of Vicks on his chest or nose. Peter's been snotty since Sesame Place, and now he's more congested. I think he's got a cold though. I'm gonna p/u more PediaCare at lunch.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi ladies,

House hunting! Whew. I hated it. Then I bought something that I thought the hubby and I could fix up together then he split. Now I have a fixer upper on a single income trying to negotiate with contractors who seem ****-bent on robbing me blind and doing crappy work. Did I just go off on a tirade? Okay, I'm better now.

Karen, I hope Alex's nose gets better. DD has nose issues all year long so I keep Benadryl, Pediacare and Triaminic in the house at all times.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:10 PM   #8  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Hello Ladies,

Hope everyone had a good weekend!!!

Lauren- I can't believe homes in NJ are so expensive. I remember when we were looking to buy in Texas, you could get a big, beautiful, new house for around $100K. We're still kicking ourselves for not buying.

Karen- So, sorry to hear that DS is sick. Hopefully the vaporizer will help.

We had a pretty busy weekend. DH has two coworkers that are leaving now and going back to the states so we had a few parties to attend. We also decided to go camping over the fourth. We're going to be down in the Bavaria region of Germany. Here's a link to the place we'll be camping. www.afrceurope.com
We're heading out on Friday and going to visit the Neuschwanstein castle, its what the Disney Castle is modeled after, http://www.germanworld.com/neu.htm
on Saturday and go to the top of the mountains on Sunday, then return on Monday. We're looking forward to it, haven't been camping since the kids came about.

Hope everyone's having a good week!!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:42 PM   #9  

hello!

thought I'd pop in. Not much new here. Getting ready to leave for vacation on Saturday and I'll be gone for a week. I'm really looking forward to it.

Lauren - what is a mother/daughter set up?

RR - Europe would be really cool.

Karen - hope the little guy is better.

Tiki - best of luck with the contractors!

Lori - have fun camping!

gotta run! RAbbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:33 PM   #10  

Hi guys,

Just have a minute, Alex is running around with the Swifter. He can get into trouble pretty quick with that thing!!

Tiki: Ah Jeeze!! That sucks about XDH and the house. I would have no clue how to go about hiring contractors. They would probably bleed me dry too. Hope things are going well with the house tho.

Lauren: His nose isn't as runny today and the cough is a little better. He hasn't been running a fever so I didn't take him to the doc. Of course, after I got the vaporizor all set up in his room, he wouldn't sleep there. Silly boy.

Lori: Sounds like a fun weekend. Hope it's a blast.

Rabbit: Hope you have fun on vacation.

OK. Gotta go!!
Old 06-29-2004, 08:48 PM   #11  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Karen and Lauren--Rescon GG is the bomb for the congestion.IT has guafenisin in it to break up congestion and cough and it will thin out the ear fluid and the nose..It is OTC but U have to ask the pharmacist for it..I am glad my Pedi recommended it...it is the only one we use for both #2&3
Gotta go..her majesty is requesting "MOMMY"!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:29 AM   #12  
LBH

RR, thanks for the tip, I will ask about it next time I'm in CVS! Peter seems a little better today, but still snotty. Didn't hear him up too much coughing.

Karen, hopefully it's just allergies or something. Peter loves to mop the floor with the mop or swiffer...whichever he can get to!

Rabbit, do you know what a bi-level style house is like? Usually you walk in the front door, and you're on a landing w/6 steps going down and 6 steps going up. Upstairs usually has a kitchen, LR, DR, and at least 3 BRs and a bathroom or 2. Downstairs can either be a family room, laundry/utility room and garage entrance, or a lot of times people make them into an apt...usually one BR, kitchen, LR and bathroom. They call it a mother/daughter, or just an in-law suite. They're very popular around here, especially in the towns with older folks, because the kids move in and the parents, or remaining parent, moves downstairs. Our apt. is on the bottom level of this bi-level. It has 2 BRs, but Peter's BR is only 7x11, w/ a small closet. We have sliders in the LR that go out to the driveway/back yard. The house is on a little over a 1/2 acre, so it's a nice yard. If there weren't soo many repairs to be done, we'd definitely consider asking if they'd sell us the house. Here's a pic of what they typically look like on the outside: Bi-Level

Hi Tiki and Lori...I'll check that link later!
Old 06-30-2004, 09:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

Karen, I had to laugh out loud at the mental image of your son with the swiffer. Kids are SO CUTE when they are young enough to think that chores are fun. My kids HIDE the swiffer now.

LBH - I love split level houses. My aunt has one that is just beautiful. She put in additional walls in the basement to make a kids den and then her own den/office/hiding spot. I haven't seen many of those here in the Detroit area. It's basically ranches, bungalows or colonials.

I'm heading for vacation also on Saturday, heading to Tennessee for a week. Can't wait!
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:46 AM   #14  

hello!

I'm meeting a friend for lunch in a little while so I only have a few minutes. Tomorrow is weigh in and I'm hoping for a loss (I'll have salad for lunch).

Karen - too bad Alex doesn't use that swifter productively!

Lauren - thanks for the info on the mother/daughter. I assumed it was something like that, but had never heard it called that. Good luck on your search! Also, nice that dh is willing to live with mil!

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:16 AM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

Rabbit, what do they call them out by you? Thankfully DH gets along good with my mom/family. My mom tries not to be the annoying MIL too...doesn't always work, but it's never intentional. GL at WI tonight!

Had an appt. w/the MW this AM. She couldn't find the heartbeat w/the doppler (fat girl syndrome) so I got a little U/S! She was funny because she kept saying I'm not a sonographer, I barely know how to use the machine, but once she got it turned on, she found the baby right away! She almost scared me because she was like, LOOK! There's the baby!! We got a pretty clear profile pic of the whole body. Couldn't see too well and she wasn't sure how to fine tune the pic, but we were both confident that we saw the little HB flickering. Baby even "hiccuped" a couple times.

All my b/w was great, but my bacteria level was a little high, so she told me to up my water intake so I don't end up with group b strep. I told her I'll be floating away soon!

Tiki, we have split levels and bi-levels around here. Splits are usually 3 levels, and not made into m/d's. Have a great time on vacation!!