Old 02-27-2005, 07:51 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of Feb 27th!!!!!

Good Morning all!!!I am up early cuz Ms Queenie didnt want to sleep...She has been so miserable at night when her advil wears off..She didnt start feeling better and then I noticed she wasnt using her left arm and when she walked, it would be tucked into her chest..I brought her back to the Pedi and after x-raying again, she has a fractured clavicle...Now she is finally doing better with a clavicle strap/brace in place..It must hurt more at night, cuz she cries during the night...
I'll be back, her majesty beckons!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 02-27-2005 at 07:55 AM.
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 08:38 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Wow RR, you're up early! Poor Kaylee, I sure hope she heals fast and is OK! Give her a big hug and kiss from me!

I guess Robby is gonna be like Peter...awake at 5-5:30 every AM. Don't these kids realize Mommy's not a morning person?! At least Peter sleeps almost 7 most AM's and that's because he's gotta get up for daycare anyway.

Is it insane that I'm super hyped to go shopping today? I don't know if I'm more excited about getting some new clothes, or being away from both kids for a few hours!

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:02 PM   #3  
No description available.

Good morning!!

I guess it is afternoon, but it feels like morning to me.

RR, I'm sorry your little one is hurting so. Poor baby, and poor mommy, too! I know clavicles heal very quickly in newborns, but I am not sure about older children, although bones heal faster in small kids than in adults.

Lauren, woohoo! Have a great time shopping. May you find many items, on fabulous sales, with all the sizes and colors you want.

Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:12 PM   #4  
LBH

I'm back! I had soo much fun!! I got two skirts, two matching tops, two other button down tops, and another skirt. All on sale! And of all places, at Sears! We had to walk through Sears to get to Lane Bryant, and my friend wanted to look. I said OK, but I am never able to find anything I like there. Lo and behold, I did! We also went to Avenue, and I almost got another skirt and top there, but I decided it's a little too dressy for my needs. The good news is, all the bottoms are a size smaller! The tops are regular size, but I didn't expect them to be smaller, with my humungous baby-feeding-boobs!
Old 02-27-2005, 07:27 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

RR, Give your daughter a hug and kiss for me too. I hate to see children suffer.

Lauren, Congrats on the new clothes. I always love getting new clothes. What fun.

Hello to everyone else.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 05:37 AM   #6  

Good Morning!!! I am off to work but wanted to check in!!
Lauren--Great on the clothes!! Since it was 80 degrees last week, they have reduced winter stuff to 80%-90% off so I bought some cute winter things for next year..Sweaters for $5.00 that were $69.00--Liz Claibornes..I have an incentive to stay this size or less to wear them!!!

Jen--CLavicles heal quick in children too..I read where that is a common fracture in newborns..About 4-6 weeks in the brace..
We went to the zoo this weekend and people thought she was in a leash device or a straight jacket!! Poor baby, fell when her cousin pushed a stroller in her legs and hit her forehead on the concrete, so when I go for a checkup I guess child protection will be there!!!

SD#2 dont mean harm, it is just a 3 yr old in an 8 year old body and she doesnt realize that she is stronger and bigger..It just keeps me nervous and on edge all the time...
WEll..time to leave!!!
RR
Old 02-28-2005, 07:29 AM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

RR, That poor child! I used to say the only reason daycare doesn't call DYFS on us is because they see how Peter gets all his bumps and bruises!

Ammendment to the clothes post...The skirts that I bought are not a size smaller, I was mistaken. I did try on some stretch jeans that were smaller, and fit fine, but since they weren't Tall size, I was afraid to have them shrink in the wash.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:49 AM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone,

DH had to go to DC for work today (he flew) and we are supposed to have a major snowstorm. Ugh. I don't see him making it home tonight. I hate when he's away. And I hate that I had to get up at 5:30 to take him to the airport. I don't think anyone should have to get up at a time starting with a 5!

RR: So sorry about the baby. It really sucks that she is getting hurt. I can understand being nervous. I'm sure you will have no problem staying small to wear the sweaters!

Lauren: Cool on the new clothes. I absolutely hate shopping. I'd rather stay home with Alex than shop.

Hello to everyone. I have to go to the grocery store, then I'm going to try to talk Alex into taking a nap with me. Wonder how that will go!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:43 AM   #9  
No description available.

Hi Karen,
I laughed out loud at the getting up at something starting with "5" comment...I agree! Just painful....

DH and I are going to DC in several weeks. I have never been there before. I have never been farther east than Kentucky, actually. I am going for a conference but we are going early and will have 2 days for sight seeing. I am a huge history buff (mostly Revlolutionary War history). Does anyone have "must see" suggestions? I was thinking about the Smithsonian, but that seems so huge and like it would take days to really enjoy it...I have to do some research, but would love to hear from those of you who have been there.

Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:26 PM   #10  

Default Holding my own

Howdy, I'm feeling pretty good at the start of this week. I'm looking forward to some more snow tonight - I'm going to use it as an excuse to work from home tomorrow and grab a chance to snowshoe for an hour or so. I'm one of those freaks of nature who prefer winter over every other season. It isn't just because in winter I get to hide in wool (I'm a knitter who prefers working with wool, so I do get a chance to wear all my stuff in the winter), but I truly prefer being outside in the winter months. I think one of the reasons people hate winter so much is they feel trapped indoors, but I found early on that once you bundle up (no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothes) you can do lots of things outdoors. We have a nature trail that runs through our property and I've found that I spend far more time on it in the winter than the other seasons combined. So, bring on the snow!
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:19 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Midwife: LOL!! So painful! I used to get up at 6 and leave by 6:12 when I was working. I hated getting up at "5" anything so bad that I got everything ready the night before and just brushed my teeth and hopped into my clothes and out the door. I've been to DC several times but I never got any further than the NRA building (that's actually in VA) and the Smithsonian. We've always just been there for a couple days, never for an extended period. I'd like to do that sometime. I've never even done the monuments now that I think about it. Hmm. I think I see our next vacation! We have done the National Zoo and from what I remember it's not worth it. Sorry I wasn't more help!

MamaDance: Ugh. You can have my snow. It was cool the first winter/snow. Now I dread it. Especially when I'm home alone and expected to take care of the snow removal with a toddler. Where in the heck am I supposed to stash him while I dig out? It sounds like you have a neat setup with the nature trail tho. I loved to walk the dog during a snowfall, but she is ill now and can't go for walks. Maybe after the evening rush I'll take Alex out for a walk. He loves to walk on the "no". I won't take him out when there are a lot of crazy drivers out. I don't want him to get hit.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:28 PM   #12  

KarenK - I give my two little ones (17 months & 3 yo) sand shovels and buckets and that keeps them quite happy while I shovel. If they can sit in the sand at the beach, they can sit in snow while I shovel. Of course, I have to pile the snow high enough to create a slide for them when I'm done, but I'm happy to do it for them. (We do have an agreement with a neighbor - we get him and his wife a gift certificate to a fancy restaurant they normally couldn't afford, and we get unlimited plowing.) You might look around and see if there is anyone near you who would dig the exchange for next year.)
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 07:54 PM   #13  
LBH

Hi All,

Moma, that's a cool agreement! We let our neighbor share our driveway, which connects to theirs in the back, so in exchange, they're supposed to take care of plowing. They never get it done early enough for my mom to leave for work, and if they do, it's two shovel tracks down the driveway! Now that DH & I live here with her, I think the neighbor thinks he doesn't have to do it anymore. I wish we had the money to buy a plow, because DH has an old p/u that he could be using to plow us. Where do you live? I'm with Karen, you can have the snow! I hate it after the first snowfall! That's one benefit to having a child in January, I'm out of work for most of the bad weather!

Karen, I've always wanted to go see the sights in DC too. I've been to the zoo a couple times and loved it! I have heard that it's not as good anymore though. Did DH make it home??

Jen, Too bad you're not going to be in DC in the warmer weather, maybe Karen and I could make a roadtrip down there to meet you! It's about 3 hrs. away.
Old 02-28-2005, 09:09 PM   #14  

Ok...5's would be a great time to wake up!!! Try getting up at 3:30 and being at work for 4:45!!!! It takes lots of and a shove out the door!!! I have to actually stick needles in people by 5am!!!!
Have a great evening!! Off to get the whiner to bed..OMG--She has done nothing but squealed and fussed about everything...I wish I could send her to shovel some snow!!! Good night all!!!
RR
Old 02-28-2005, 09:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

hi everyone:

I am wishing we had snow. Our mountain usually has a 100 inch average and this year we have 9 inches that are not holding on very well. I have never seen a winter like this. If any more snow melts my DH may get laid off until summer. I wish I had anybody's snow. It was really weird skiing yesterday and seeing dirt all around in the trees. Wil had fun. He is finally skiing a whole run without me packing him. Pretty good considering he is not quite 2 1/2.

I signed up for dietwatch. I lost 60 lbs pre kids using dietwatch back when it was free. I just forked over $89 for a one year subscription. Hope it will work.

When I have to shovel snow I just bundle the kids up and take them out with me too. But not everyone has really good outdoor kids clothes. Most people just go from car to house and don't play outside for extended periods.
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote