Old 12-03-2017, 06:28 PM   #1  
193.6 lbs

S/C/G: starting: 194/169/ 139

Height: 5ft 4 in

Default Mother's apron with diet and exercise alone

Hi everyone, (long post)

I've had a twin pregnancy (c-sec), then a singleton pregnancy (2nd c-sec), and my last baby on the way (14w)...which I will have my 3rd c-sec. I gained too much weight with the twins (80lbs) and when I got out of the hospital and looked in the mirror, I noticed that my belly (which was never completely flat...but was still reasonably looking) had this overhang. Pre-pregnancy I always maintained my weight between 140-150 (5ft4), so not skinny, but it was ok with me.

Anyways, the mothers apron, pannus, etc. It's been the worst thing that happened to my body these past 7 years. I did end up losing most of the weight and got back down to 144 last year, but it seems like the pannus is still there . I also fluctuate a lot in my weight, one month I can easily go up/down 5-10lbs. Mostly depends on stress levels, weather, and activity levels (summers more active and outdoors, winters less). Depending on how much I weigh, that thing can be thicker or thinner....but always hangs. Due to some health issues, I really can't go through with tummy tuck, because of the surgery, and I'm not sure a plastic surgeon would want the liability of taking me as a patient. Plus I am not really working out...so until I'm really in my tip-top shape (fit and toned), it kind of seems like a waste for me.

What do you think is the 'best-looking' I can get my tummy into shape and being realistic? I know diet and exercise are key (right now I'm on the high end of my weight again....169), and I feel like I carry half of that extra weight purely in my stomach. It's my curse I feel. I don't have too much diastitis recti (slight, but not crazy amounts). I think it mostly is because the scar tissue pulled in the c-sec scar and stuck to the body. It's also the weight.

What else can help? Weights, diet, running, core exercises, fascia treatment? I need this to be realistic....I just don't think I can do a no-carb, low-carb diet, run daily, or go to the gym 6 days a week, but I need help and advice......or even some inspiration. I just feel like I'm a tired mom, who's lost herself, and have low self esteem (stomach is a huge issue), and it's like I'm in a cycle I can't escape. Any hopeful stories out there? As a side note...I did sent my OB a crazy question this weekend to ask if I can get a panniculectomy during my c-section....she'll probably tell me I'm crazy and No....but I'd figure i'd ask.
Twinmamma is offline   Reply With Quote