Old 07-30-2015, 05:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/187/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Reasonable loss as time goes on?

Hi all! This is my first post I've lost 50lb since January. Now I'm wondering what I can expect for a reasonable amount of weight to lose going forward. What's been your experience?

callmecrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:51 AM   #2  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

It all depends on your body and metabolism. Everyone loses weight differently. As you get closer to your goal it may take longer to lose because your body mass is smaller.

Strength training will help tone your body by building muscle. I feel that as people begin to get closer to their goal weight, they do more strength training and less cardio.
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 02:10 PM   #3  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

In the 200s, I easily was losing 8-12 pounds a month. in the 150-200 range I was losing about 4-8 pounds.
at about 150 and under, I'd be happy if I could lose 4 pounds a month. Everyone is different, but that was my personal experience.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 09:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/139.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats on your weight loss so far. You can probably expect a slower loss rate over time, but how much will vary from person to person.
I started out averaging 5-6 lbs per month until I'd lost about 50 lbs. Then I stalled for a few months followed by a whoosh. Since then I've been averaging 2-3 lbs per month, but there are more noticeable changes in my physique even though not as much fat is coming off.
circa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 01:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

My experience was much like kisskiss mentions above. When I was 200+, I was losing 10-12 per month, after that it slowed to around 8 lbs per month until I hit 160 or so, and then it slowed to 4-5 per month.

I found that switching things up really helped me - I always tried new classes at the gym to work different muscle groups (and to combat boredom) - I tried a lot of new recipes - and I even switched up my calorie intake. I've done Weight Watchers or MyFitnessPal pretty consistently, and sometimes I would see my weight loss trickle down to nothing when I was staying on the lower end of calories/points. So I would intentionally go out to eat and have a larger meal (I still tracked it) - but I'd go over my normal threshold for a couple of weeks (normally just one bigger meal per week for 2-3 weeks did the trick) and it almost always helped with stalled weight loss. My longest plateau was maybe a 4 weeks.

Last edited by Lunula; 08-06-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 308/208/145

Height: 5'6

When I started out over 300 I was losing 10-15 a month
Its leveled out to 9-10 the past few months and just 7 in July. In the past I've always seemed to lose the biggest amounts in the first few months, regardless of my starting weight. I haven't plateaued yet but I'm trying to mentally prepare myself to be OK with 5 lb a month and keep in mind that this is a perfectly acceptable amount for my new weight.
electricfemme is offline   Reply With Quote