Old 01-22-2014, 05:11 AM   #1  

Smile New 30 something who is clueless

Hello everyone ! I am new and I just am do overwhelmed with everything in life including a new baby after 14 years and a pending separation that I honestly font know where to start with losing the weight. My motivation some days is good others it's out the window and I internalize many of my feelings...I feel as if I have completely lost myself under this extra 80 pounds of weight not to mention it's killing my back on my petite frame..I am 5'4" needing some help from you wonderful ladies and gents! Excited about being here though and looking forward to the outcome
Yvee80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:42 AM   #2  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:28 PM   #3  
L.*.V.E.

S/C/G: 336/277/120

Height: 5'6

Default Hey!

Welcome! I know how you feel it can be very overwhelming to start plus with all the stress you are going through, but you have support here. When ever you feel lost or upset just come on here and post. Someone will be here to help in some way. I just started my weight loss journey Jan 1st and its been hard but I lost 13 pounds so far, and I don't even workout. But I am more encouraged to do so. If you ever need to talk please feel free to message me, we are in this together. arerefngela at hotmail dot com. Stay strong and positive and tell yourself you are worth the effort it takes to get started. Big hugs

Last edited by arerefngela; 01-22-2014 at 06:29 PM.
arerefngela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #4  

Thank you for the warm welcome!!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #5  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Welcome, Yvee! I feel you! I'm 5'4'' too and have to shed at least 77 lbs. My back and my knees are resenting everything that I'm doing to myself.

This is a really nice group of people; I have never encountered anyone rude or malicious in any way here (I'm new this time around but I used to be here a long time ago, plus I always use it as a source of information), so you will find a lot of support, not just for your weight loss but for the other things you are going through.

Hang in there!
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:46 PM   #6  

Thank you Paulitens I look forward to this journey and all of the information as well as friends that I gather along the way
Old 01-26-2014, 06:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 304/235/180(for now)

Height: 5'6''

Default whoa....I'm actually writing this....

Hello All! I am a 30 year old mommy, wife and teacher in Chicago. I have never written a post on a forum like this but find myself needing the advice of smart people like ya'll!

At the beginning of 2013 I was at my all time high weight - just over 300lbs. My husband and I made very small efforts (we suck) but I had lost about 30lbs by August. We went on an awesome family vaca to a farm and came back ready to attack a new school year, grad school, eating better, etc.

2nd day of school I got sick. Really, really sick. Was in the hospital over a week away from my little girl. Had my first, second and 3rd surgeries but was lucky and went home. Things got better for a bit. But, then I got sick again. And again. I have been sick the majority of time since then. I have worked less than 20 days all year. Which hurts my family, a lot.

Being sick has one small perk. I have lost another 35 lbs. But, more importantly to me, I have lost a ton of muscle. I just feel so weak. I have always been a big girl but I have always been able to be active and very strong. I like to carry my 300lb+ hubby across the apartment to practice our fire safety evacuation......what, doesn't everyone do that?? anywhoo......

Right before I got sick I also had an IUD taken out which has really thrown me for a loop and added a big hormonal component to all of these issues. I found out I have PMDD recently but have really been struggling the past few months before I really knew. I have been to a pretty dark place which is abnormal for me. I am very aware and am trying so hard to pull myself out but my normal way to deal would be to eat my way through my feelings. But being that my illness is gastric based... that's not an option I'm willing to even think about.

I am hopeful that things are really under control and I feel like I'm heading in a good direction but I have not weighed this little in.....well, I don't really know. I only have paper records back to 2005 and I was 270 then.

I have a long way to go to be in a healthy place weight-wise. But I am scared of getting back to normal life and not knowing how to eat for this new weight. I am also scared of being active because I am so weak and tired and blah.

I still have at least 60 more lbs to lose but weight loss isn't the only area of life I'm looking to improve. We need to get more fit (physically, financially, etc), read more, compost again, be a better mommy, follow through and crap rainbows.

2014 is going to be a big year.

So, that's me! I look forward to probing you all for information!

Thanks in advance!

p.s. wow!!! I really wrote it, and if you're reading it... I really posted it!!!!
AxelGoldstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:35 PM   #8  

Default whoa....I'm actually writing this....

Hello All! I am a 30 year old mommy, wife and teacher in Chicago. I have never written a post on a forum like find myself needing the advice of smart people like ya'll!

At the beginning of 2013 I was at my all time high weight - just over 300lbs. My husband and I made very small efforts (we suck) but I had lost about 30lbs by August. We went on an awesome family vaca to a farm and came back ready to attack a new school year, grad school, eating better, etc.

2nd day of school I got sick. Really, really sick. Was in the hospital over a week away from my little girl. Had my first, second and 3rd surgeries but was lucky and went home. Things got better for a bit. But, then I got sick again. And again. I have been sick the majority of time since then. I have worked less than 20 days all year. Which hurts my family, a lot.

Being sick has one small perk. I have lost another 35 lbs. But, more importantly to me, I have lost a ton of muscle. I just feel so weak. I have always been a big girl but I have always been able to be active and very strong. I like to carry my 300lb+ hubby across the apartment to practice our fire safety evacuation......what, doesn't everyone do that?? anywhoo......

Right before I got sick I also had an IUD taken out which has really thrown me for a loop and added a big hormonal component to all of these issues. I found out I have PMDD recently but have really been struggling the past few months before I really knew. I have been to a pretty dark place which is abnormal for me. I am very aware and am trying so hard to pull myself out but my normal way to deal would be to eat my way through my feelings. But being that my illness is gastric based... that's not an option I'm willing to even think about.

I am hopeful that things are really under control and I feel like I'm heading in a good direction but I have not weighed this little in.....well, I don't really know. I only have paper records back to 2005 and I was 270 then.

I have a long way to go to be in a healthy place weight-wise. But I am scared of getting back to normal life and not knowing how to eat for this new weight. I am also scared of being active because I am so weak and tired and blah.

I still have at least 60 more lbs to lose but weight loss isn't the only area of life I'm looking to improve. We need to get more fit (physically, financially, etc), read more, get organized, re-enroll in grad school, compost again, be a better mommy/wife, follow through and crap rainbows.

2014 is going to be a big year.

So, that's me! I look forward to probing you all for information!

Thanks in advance!

p.s. wow!!! I really wrote it, and if you're reading it... I really posted it!!!! See, I'm ready to change!!
Old 01-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #9  

Default sorry

sorry! still learning how this all works!
Old 01-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #10  

Default good luck!

yvee - Sorry I invaded your thread

You have a right to feel overwhelmed! Baby's change the game for sure. If you are anything like me, just getting to a point to make a post here is a huge step! It is all about making small changes one at a time and sticking with them. At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself!

Good luck!
Old 01-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/180/130

Height: 5' 2"

Yvette and Axel- I can relate to you both very much!! Weight loss is a scary journey for so many complicated reasons.... I'm just beginning (again) and trying to keep my goals in mind: get healthy and set a positive example for my kids.

Welcome to you both! I'm glad you're here!!
Jaymie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

There are two things that have helped me so much with maintaining a healthy weight over the past 10 years:

#1: PLAN! When I was a kid, I used to say "tomorrow, I'm going to eat healthy!" but I didn't have a plan. I knew what I WASN'T going to eat, but not what I WAS. Once I literally sat down and planned out an entire day ahead of time (3 meals and 3 snacks with exact amounts), I just stuck to the plan. This ensured me that I wouldn't be over or under eating. I started with one day, and later planned for a week at a time. Now it's second nature, so I don't need to write down every day anymore.

#2: COOKING! Another part of success for me is finding recipes that I really like that fit into my eating plan (www.skinnytaste.com, www.cookinglight.com, www.eatingwell.com are good resources), cooking a dish, separating it into the correct number of portions and freezing. This allows me to pull something healthy out of the freezer when I'm hungry or tired, saves me money by cooking once instead of 6-8 times, and it keeps me from going back for seconds because every portion is already individually frozen.

Good luck! You'll get the hang of it in no time!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

yvee, you and I could have written the same post. Except I already had my baby after 13 years--2 years ago, and now I have a 2 month old. I also am on the verge of separation from someone I love very much.

the emotional turmoil is enough to drive me crazy some days. (he thinks I already am), but the stress of raising a teenager, a 2 month old, a 2 year old, and losing the love of my life---I really have to focus on THIS.

Axel, we are here for you.

Paulitens, I am 5'5 and have the same starting point as you.

Munchy, I agree we need a plan.

Jamie, I agree on the positive example for the children. Their dad can eat whatever he wants and not gain weight. My teenager is also built like this, but I warn him every day not to get cocky about his metabolism, I had the same type until one day--I gained weight.

my 2 year old loves fruit, juice, and yogurt. I will also instill in him the need for a balanced diet.

my 2 month old just loves to eat. I don't have any idea if he'll inherit his dad's metabolism. I hope so.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote