Old 01-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #1  

Exclamation Constantly Hungry in the afternoon and evening! Please help

Hi everyone

So here's my first attempt to use the forum but I post it here as I'd like some advice please I'm 33, will be 34 this summer. I have no kids I am not pregnant either .
I have 187 lbs , and, for my height (5.28 feet), I'm quite huge. I have big bones but not so big as to justify this weight. I need to be 121 lbs.

When I was 31 I lost weight doing about 1 hour of Pilates or step aerobics every day (which I can do no more, for financial and time reasons) and, I guess, just as much because of my diet. It was a diet based on limited portions and I stuck to it at the time. I tried again now and I can't lose weight any more (at the end of my weight loss I had 22 lbs less than I have now, but I put them all back on, and some more). Aside the sports, I'm clear the reasons is I don't stick to the diet.

Here is what happens: I'm hungry all the time, but most especially in the afternoon and evening. I decided to eat only every 4 hours (yes, it's often but now I eat even more often). So, for a few days now I've been trying and here is a pattern. I stick to the schedule in the morning, I find it harder to stick to it during the next 4 hours, and almost impossible, during the last 4 hours (assume we have a 12 hours availability). Bottom line- mid-afternoon until late evening I'm constantly hungry, much hungrier than in the morning. And less able to stick to my plan. I don't know why, I'm probably tired, but is there any other reason ? What do you advise?

Also, is it possible to get some email/skype pals who constantly check on my food and weight and I'd do the same ? yes, some sort of policewomen
I find it hard to log in and trace all the posts (and believe me I don't have the time either)?

I'll try sports at home too. I tried already, but it looks like I get so tired. Maybe if I lose some weight first I'll be more motivated.... And I have excellent reasons to lose weight, I don't lack goals...I don't know what is going on but I need to kickstart my weight loss and maybe I'll figure it out on the way...

Any help would be really appreciated

thanks
Irina
Irinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Agree with Kara! Need to eat good protein, fats and fiber. This keeps hunger at bay. Eating mainly carb based diet will keep you hungry.
kris2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #3  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Welcome to the site and forums!

I find sometimes I 'think I'm hungry' when actually I am thirsty. Also, I have noticed that carbohydrates and sugars make me more hungry.

If you're getting really tired, maybe you should seek medical advice?

Good luck!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:34 AM   #4  

Thanks for the replies. Actually, I don't eat carbs but in quite little amounts. Say a slice of bread a day, two maximum, but rarely so. Unless I'm aware what carb really means. If it means what I think- namely bread, rice, and the like (muffins, etc) then no, they don't amount to huge quantities.... Yes... I'm aware of the thirst issue and I'm trying to drink loads of water. But still, so hungry.... Oh, I should mention, it might be important. I have no official diagnosis on this, but judging by my body, I think IBS is well on its way. What do you think ?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #5  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Can you post a food log with amount and what it is? Perhaps you are not eating enough in calories?

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #6  

Actually it is not a strict diet . It depends on what I buy at the market. but mainly chicken, broth, veggies,milk and little yoghurt (since it's fat). And fruits apples and oranges mainly. I'm quite sure I eat more than enough, since calories add up so fast!
Apostrophe can ask where you got the weight logging image below your post? The one with the green line? I could use one, to motivate me more.... Perhaps somebody can "smack" my wrist if they see my weight stays the same, and congratulates me if I keep going
Old 01-09-2012, 05:13 AM   #7  

I know where you got it... But can't post it yet, since I need 25 posts and barely registered yesterday.... No matter. Soon! thanks everyone!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/240/140

Height: 5'4"

maybe some nuts(almonds?) or slice cucumbers with vinegar is a personal fave. large salad with a little olive oil & balsamic. if calories are an issue squeeze on lemon juice in place of salad dressing.
speedy2697 is offline   Reply With Quote