Old 08-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone

I weigh 224.8, I have 25 lbs to go! Congrats to all that made it to Onederland and to all that are working towards it!

I can't wait to see Onederland!

Jacqui
TransformingMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 244/199/160

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
I didnt exercise today, because I am too worn OUT from the day, and the fussy baby. I feel like a failure, because he is so fussy. I MUST be doing something wrong.
Jen, sometimes babies are just fussy, has nothing to do with you! Have ya'll tried mylicon drops? They were about the only thing to help my oldest, she would scream and cry and we'd give her some or put it in a bottle of milk and she would burp and calm down... of course, looking back, it figures she was a fussy baby, she's a fussy child.

Anyway, I have hit my most recent goal today... 204! That's 40 lbs gone away.......

Next up is 199!

Love to all, and best wishes, too!!
shadowmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

ShadowMom - congratulations on 40 pounds!!!!! That's a crazy big accomplishment! And now you're a mere 5 pounds away from your next goal. You must be riding high today. Good for you!!

TransformingMyself - Welcome!! So glad you joined us. What is your weight loss method?

Jen - Thanks for your encouragement. My goal this week is to not obsess over the scale. No more temper tantrums. I'm sorry to hear about your challenging day yesterday and your disappointing meal. Sorry to hear about school. As for your baby...no it's definitely not you. My oldest DD was a ridiculously easy baby. Only cried for food or sleep. So when DD #2 came along almost 4 years later, it was a total SHOCK when she turned out cranky and crazy fussy. I swear she'd cry just to cry. It was very taxing on my patience and I felt like a first time mom all over again. My friend has a fussy baby and she swears by the book Happiest Baby on the Block. Apparently there are YouTube videos of the techniques posted, so maybe you could Google those. Babies aren't easy, but they're so worth it when you get a big toothless spontaneous grin. Hang in there.
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #244  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransformingMyself View Post
Hi everyone

I weigh 224.8, I have 25 lbs to go! Congrats to all that made it to Onederland and to all that are working towards it!

I can't wait to see Onederland!

Jacqui
YAY!!
m3rma1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #245  

So I'm a communicator by nature. I tend to lay my cards on the table and not beat around the bush. With that said...I'm conflicted about my continued participation in this thread. I'm fairly new to 3FC and this is the only thread I've consistently participated in because I enjoy the support and look forward to everyone's updates.

I paged through the 180s thread and it's not very active. Admittedly, I stay here because it's comfortable and I like the level of participation that goes on in this thread. But I don't want to overstay my welcome and annoy folks.

For 3FC veterans, how long do ONEderland graduates stick around their ONEderland threads? Is it unrealistic for me to hang here until others move to the 180s? Please respond honestly. I have thick skin and won't be offended.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #246  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

My friend just snapped this pid of me... I still don't think I look any smaller
m3rma1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #247  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

dogdays - way to go on the scale moving again! Even if people can't replicate your methods, they certainly work for you! On a side note: I know I am not a "veteran", but my opinion is that you should post where you feel comfortable, and I LOVE having your input on here! Just sayin'

jen - I definitely got my worship on Sunday! I have been doing great at my exercise, staying strong at 6 days/wk!!!! Super proud, even when "obstacles" have happened, I made sure I worked up a sweat. As for my lungs: I have juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and I have, in the last 6 or so years, begun growing nodules on my lungs in flare times. So when it is super active, I get the nodules (the most detected on CT scan at one time has been 6 on one lung so far), then they shrink again...all this has caused me to have restricted airway disease. It makes it tough to breathe in humidity or extreme heat (or extreme cold, but don't have to deal with that anymore)... so if I exercise inside with a/c it's much better... no inhaler usually needed YAY! As for your fussy baby, rest assured it isn't you. Babies are all different, and I ended up with one fussy baby out of the 3... not a bad ratio, but didn't make it easier to handle at the time. I started pumping enough to give her 2 bottles a day besides the nursing, so I could add a hint of rice to the bottle (per her dr since she was below normal age).... after the first week she improved. Doctor thinks her belly was upset and she had no way to tell me...thinks that helped to settle things down for her But... it took over 3 months to figure it out

Jacqui - You are almost there! Great job!!!

Shadow - awesome loss!!!!! Isn't it the best feeling to accomplish those goals?!?

As for me - my total gym came while I was at work yesterday!!!! Super yay! It was ahead of schedule! When I got home, I set it up and started right in... so officially have added strength training to my routine now...and aren't my long lost muscles screaming at me today?!? LOL! Then today, my DH dropped me off at work and the car broke down on him while he was headed home.... oy! I figure it balances out - one great thing happened by getting the gym, so one horrible thing happened with the car and me being stranded. Fortunately two of my coworkers have offered to take me home (and it is WAY out of the way for both... they are the best!). Thank you all for the good luck wishes for DD's surgery... it's happening Thursday and I am soooo nervous for her. It will be absolutely wonderful if it works for her though! Tomorrow is weigh in for me... let's hope the stress additions have not decided to make the scale cuss at me, LOL! Have a super day!!!!! ~Star~
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Thanks for the warm welcoming.

I have been working out (weights/cardio) 6 days a week. I am not following any particular food plan. I just eat whole foods. I make everything homemade. I stay away from processed food/sugar/sodium/starchy carbs. Last week, I lost 4.4 lbs. I am hoping to see another GREAT week. LOL

m3rma1d, I think you look GREAT! Congrats on your weightloss. You are doing awesome! I would love to have your waist/tummy.

ItsMyTurn, Sorry to hear that about your car. That was very nice of your coworkers. Hope you have a good weigh in tomorrow, and your daughters surgery goes well.
TransformingMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

DogDays, I am thinking of renaming the thread--well starting a new one.

"Onederland and beyond. We've been there and we're moving forward. Come Join us."

I think it is good to welcome people that have a goal of onederland and assuring them they too can move past it and keep going.

Let me know what you ladies think.

myturn, I am curious about your daughter's surgery. I think I missed that. Also, awesome on working out despite your lung condition.

Shadow, great job.

Jacqui nice to have you honey.

Well, my 12 year old was also a fussy baby, turned into a great toddler, then into an evil preschooler. I have been so spoiled with him in the recent years. Parenting a strong willed child the correct way REALLY does pay off. But it's like i'm starting all over again, I forgot all the baby stuff. I do think he has tummy aches. So, I give him gas drops.

well, scale is NOT moving. 197.6 today. I am a little more patient this time, because I did see results from my hard work.

m3, you are just losing weight so evenly--it is hard to see in a pic...make sure you take measurements, I bet you will see your hard work there!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #250  
~Star~

m3 - you look great! So proportionate that I am sure that's why you don't personally see it

Jacqui - Thank you We will figure out the car (and fast), lol...and all the well wishes for my DD are so appreciated

Jen - Shoot Jen, I totally missed that question! Here is the jist - Amber has severe polyarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritis which effects all but 2 joints in her body. Her right knee though, also has bigger issues. She is only 15, but also has osteo-arthritis and osteo- necrosis (dead bone growth) in that knee. We have tried all the biologics, all the NSAIDS, all the steroids...also tried an experimental IV infusion treatment without any help to her. She can't have knee replacement due to the super active OA and RA... so our last option to hopefully get her to pain levels that are minimal is to open up the knee and attempt scraping the amount of dead bone that they can safely. They won't know til they are in, cause they may need some of it left in as placement guages... but she has no gel packs, anything left in that knee and it's debilitating to her... which is why we do bike rides... the only thing she is able to do where she has some normalcy. That's why this surgery is so huge for her. Hard to believe that this is the same girl, that just 4 yrs ago was being scouted by track coaches for her speed and agility running... but she is also better than she was at her worst...when she ended up in a wheelchair. Now she can move with help of a brace and a ton of pain meds... but it's slow and still causes her much pain..and all I want is for that pain to subside for her. Sorry... I am long-winded by nature...but when talking about my kiddos... it's way worse, LOL
Old 08-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #251  
~Star~

Oh! And I totally think a name change would be good! I like yours... but honestly I may not have peeked in with "onederland and beyond" as the title since I am so not there yet...... maybe "onederland: approaching and beyond"??? Just tossing it out there. Either way, you all have me now, so I will follow/stalk/lurk/and post my heart out no matter what it's called, lol... just as I hope dogdays does too!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #252  

M3 - I can see a difference. You carry your weight incredibly well (I'm jealous! ), so it is a little harder to see, but I can see it in your face, neck and your midsection looks more defined. Keep up the good work!

ItsMy - Sorry to hear about your car. Between that and your DD's surgery, it doesn't sound like you need any more stress right now. Thank you for sharing your DD's story. I'm so very sorry to hear of her pain and OA & RA. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I will keep her and your family in my thoughts - hoping for a speedy recovery and long term pain relief for her. I too had double knee surgeries as a teen for chronic pain, so I know a little about what she's going through - I doubt my pain was as severe, but it did derail my tennis career. Please give her my best. She sounds like an amazing girl. Also, thank you for your kind words. I appreciate everyone on this thread.

Transforming - 4.4lbs in one week?! That's awesome. Obviously your body is really responding to your method. Well done!!!!! Love hearing about those dramatic drops - YAHOO!

Jen - yay on changing the thread title! Obviously my opinion is a wee bit (okay, okay...a lot bit, LOL!) biased, but I like the idea! I like ItsMy's idea of something like "onederland: approaching and beyond" so we remain all inclusive. Definitely don't want to discourage any new folks from peeking their head in! But at the same time, I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE! LOL!

This week is very challenging because both my girls are in sports camps in the evening, so I have to rush from work to get them there (DH works nights, so I'm on my own). My exercise plan for the week is to change shoes (& pee, LOL!) during the 2 1/2 minutes I'm home to grab the girls, and then walk at the athletic fields. Well tonight I left work late, got home late, rushed inside and forgot to change my shoes...didn't realize it until I got there. Doh!!!!! High heeled dress sandals are NOT ideal for walking. (yes, I tried...sigh) FAIL. So one lap and one blister later, I spent the rest of the time in the car. Note to self...leave change of shoes in the car. Oh well. Tomorrow's a new day.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #253  
Keeper of Useless Info

S/C/G: 220/199/135

Please, dogdays, don't leave -- I think jen's solution is a good one. Especially as she's the one who started the thread. It would encourage new folks, as well as keep the old ones around.

Its! How you keep all your life together and STILL lose weight is an inspiration to me. I sincerely hope your daughter finds a treatment that helps her. Having a mother who loves her as much as you do certainly goes a long way!

m3, you sexy girl, you! I think you're looking great! And Transforming's right -- you have a killer shape.

Weight's been all wonky for the past few days -- I've been working a lot recently (just got a new client -- yay!), so I have neither time nor inclination for the gym. But I really need to go. Maybe a walk after dinner will help. So would not having dinner at 8:30, but there you go. :P

Side note: Re-read my post for major typos and randomly started singing old Girl Scout song -- "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver, and the other's gold." Anyone with me?
MissSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:32 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

myturn, BLESS YOUR HEART AND YOUR FAMILY. I mean it. I am so sorry for all you deal with. I PRAY that your sweet little girl gets the pain free knees she needs. God knows how much she has suffered. I give you a big pat on the back too. You deal with so much!

dogdays, darn about the change of shoes, but I think you get a medal for TRYING even in those circumstances. Whereas, tonight I miserably failed to do any exercise. Instead I ate! I think I ate and ate. blah.

MissSea, I am faring a little bit like you. I tell myself not having my exercise partner is ok...but I am less motivated. I eat late too. I ate ALOT late tonight. I don't think that stalls me though. The scale might be up in the morning, but I wierdly start losing after a high calorie day.

Ok..try this title. "From Onederland Hopeful to Beyond. Come Join us." I think that is all inclusive. I also like myturn's idea. Onederland: Approaching and Beyond. Let me know what your vote is!

Last edited by jendiet; 08-03-2011 at 02:33 AM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #255  
~Star~

dogdays - Thank you so much, I will certainly send her your best. She will be happy to hear of someone else going through similar BESIDES her mom...if it's a parent, it seems like it makes us "odd man out" and not as reassuring, ya know? She is an incredible girl for sure... her and my son have both had challenges that no kids should ever have to face, but have done so by driving themselves, persevering, and keeping their ears open for possible help... I am so very proud indeed! On another note: I can't believe you still tried the walking in that attire! Your poor feet! Sorry you had to miss out on your walk, but, you totally got this for next time!

MissSea - Thank you so very much I am sure we will figure something out... we have an amazing team of doctors on her side, including an RA dr that has studied at Harvard, done research in Iran (or Iraq, I forget), and is on several projects so stays up to date on options... her orthopedic is known to be the best in our state for pediatrics, and both have gathered advise and searched out possible solutions that may be out there. We are blessed to have such a crew for her! As far as keeping my life together and losing weight? I am lucky enough to have a DH who will pitch in and help track my schedule for me, LOL! Like tonight, out of work, drive the hour commute, pick up our youngest daughter and go to her school for Open House, then home around 7. I will do my strength training while DH makes supper... I will then eat a salad or something to get me through and he will do the kids' injections and medicines while I shower.... it's a total tag team effort

Jen - you are really too sweet. I don't deal with any of it alone... our family is a total team We discuss the kids' conditions openly with them and allow them to also have a say in their treatment - cause in my opinion, if they are not on board 100% with what we think is best, then they can easily sabotage their own benefits. My DH is a priceless part of the team that we could also not do without and takes on a lot of the appointments for the kids, follow thru on the medicine requests I start, and he meets with the schools a lot of the times so I am free to work as much as I have to in order to support our family With all of us holding our roles, and working together, it really isn't all that hard to manage the stress levels... usually, lol. For titles of a different thread - I am good with either Just be sure to tell me which so I don't get lost, LOL!!!

On a side note: got real worried about weigh in today. I had started strength training night before last (in and of itself can be a way to tick off the scale), plus more stress this week (car broke down yesterday on top of everything else.... fixed now though), and then last night I ended up with heart rythm messing up during my cardio... haven't had a rhythm problem since my heart surgery in 2005! So.... I still got back on after getting control, and still burned 300 cals during cardio, but not at a steady rate...so all factors, thought it wasn't going to look good for me and the scale today... I love being wrong sometimes!!!!!! I got on and weighed in at 0.8Lb less!!! Woohoo!!!