Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 10:05 PM   #16  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Merry Christmas all!!!!!

WEll, I have conquered motherhood now that the milk has arrived!!!!I swear, I went to sleep a 34B and woke up a 34D...DH had to go out and get me a new bra!!!Kaylee is happy, sleeping and I have to set a watch to wake her up every 2 hrs in the night to eat or she wants to sleep for hours!!!! I feel great and rested!!!!! I did panic and take her to the MD on Dec 24...She had no BM for 34 hrs and I was freaking..THe DOc was great, DH drove me in my Pj bottoms and a nice shirt with open shoes cuz of the swelling..I am bigger after birth than before..IT is the strangest thing but getting better today!!!!
Karen and Lauren--GET A BOPPY PILLOW!!!!!That is a life saver to put the baby on to eat soo that your incision is not touched!!!
Tomorrow, DH will remove the stitches!!!(hmmmmm)
Cant wait to excercise!!!!!
RR
Old 12-25-2002, 11:23 PM   #17  

hello all

Merry X-mas!!!
Old 12-26-2002, 07:54 AM   #18  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Vicki- My Aunt gave me a Boppy for Christmas! I actually did not register for one, and didn't want one, because they don't fit me. I got a different nursing pillow that I found in BRU, it's the same idea, but it doesn' go around like the Boppy. I'm glad she got it though, now, because it'll be good for when he's ready to start sitting up, it'll balance him better than the pillow I have. Glad things are going soo well for you!! Man, I know how important it is to wake them every 2-3 for feedings, but I think I will have a tough time doing that, if he's a good sleeper!! Now, tell me, even if the quantity is the same or less than when you were PG, is the quality of sleep better?? God, I hope so!!

Well, Santa treated Peter very good this year!! HA, and he's not even here yet!! My mom bought soo much stuff for him, I was like, uh, do the boxes ever end?! But she got mostly stuff I told her we still needed, like essentials for his arrival. We got like 10 onesies (I only had 3), maybe 7-8 receiving blankets, about 10 little one piece outfits (in 3-6 and 6-9 mo. size), a big pack of size 1 diapers, baby bath, powder, cream, ear thermometer, paci's, Boo Bunnie, etc. I think the only thing I really need to get for his arrival now is the set with the clippers, nasal aspirator, etc.!

Hope everyone's holiday was great!! I have to go to work today, but I have a midwife appt. at 10:30, so I may blow off work and go in afte the appt. Originally I was gonna go in first, then go and come back.
Old 12-26-2002, 06:01 PM   #19  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all,

We had our Level II sonogram today. They couldn't get a good enough look at his heart, spine, hands and feet so I have to go back in three weeks. We got a halfway decent picture, he's holding his hand up to his head in the classic pose!!

I haven't started buying stuff for the baby yet, I didn't want to start too soon but I'm getting so anxious!!

Tripper went to live with his new family tonight. Wow, that was so hard. I didn't cry though. I wanted too but I didn't. He was racing around with his new brother so I don't think he will miss us too much. I hope he is a good boy!!

OK, gonna go make dinner. Have a great evening.
Old 12-26-2002, 10:00 PM   #20  

Default Hi guys!

Merry Christmas All!

Sorry I disappeared for so long. I've lurked a little here & there, but I guess I really didn't want to think about weightloss for a while. But it's obvious I need to come back and visit you all more often!

I've managed to put on about 25# in the past year and I've got to get serious again to get it gone again! I swore after I lost all that weight I would never let it come back again & here I am with 25# already back, so I've got to get back on track before the entire 80+# comes back!

I'm going to start back with an "official" weigh-in on Monday. I'm already starting to watch the eating again & I'm going to try to get back into a regular exercise habit too.

Vicki!! - CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of Kaylee!!! That is absolutely wonderful & she is adorable!

Lauren & Karen - congrats to you two also! When are your due dates?

Boy, I've missed a lot haven't I?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I got a great weightloss incentive for Christmas from my father. He got me a digital scale with the bodyfat monitor on it. I've wanted one for 2 years, but was never willing to spend the money. The scale I had wasn't totally reliable so it was easy to convince myself it was WRONG the past few months! No excuses now!
Old 12-27-2002, 07:53 AM   #21  
LBH

Hi All,

LE!!!!- Hey, it's great to see you!! Boy, maybe if I keep thinking about all the old gang, everyone will come and pop in to say hi!! My EDD is 1/16/03, so I'm next...hopefully sooner than that, but after my midwife appt. yesterday, looks like it'll probably be later. I'm 37wks. Good luck at the official WI, are you gonna do it on your own, or WW, something else? I haven't decided what I'm gonna do for a program once Peter's born. Any little ones in your future??

Karen- Sorry to hear that you had to say goodbye to Tripper, but at least you know he's having a great time in his new home! Yipee that you get to see little Alex again!!! I've never turned down an U/S!! I don't remember when I bought my first item, but it was a tiny pair of white booties w/a turtle on them from Target, it was before we knew the sex. Then I held off until August when we found out it was a boy. Then that weekend we hit the Carter's outlet in DE!!

Have a great day all!! TGIF!!
Old 12-27-2002, 01:31 PM   #22  

Good Evening all!!!!
Just taking a moment to enjoy typing while Kaylee sleeps!!! SHe was awake all last night just wanted to nuzzle with mom...I know it is wrong, but I can get her to sleep if I snuggle her up on my bare chest for about 20minutes and she snoozes..THen I sneak her in the crib if I stay awake!!!!...This morning I felt horrible cuz she slept 3.5hrs without eating and I slept right on myself....I miss being pg...but I am soo happy with the end product!!! Enjoy all that movement and discomforts cuz in the end, I cant wait to do it again!!!!!I just feel really down today, cuz tomorrow was the date that I saw something wrong with my first little one...I am just hormonal about this one and sad for the one I lost.

LE--Hello!!! Thanks for the congrats!!! I am soo happy...Hmmm..any in your future????We are all pros now!!!!

Lauren--Glad the midwife visit went well!!!Guess what..I forgot to tell U...I registered Kaylee for "The World's Largest STocking" the week before she was born when we took #2 to get Santa pics and she won!!! IT was 6 feet of toys and things..I giggled when they called and dh had to go get it!!!!

Take care...off to do some feeding which now are going great!!!!
RR
Old 12-27-2002, 04:03 PM   #23  

Hi all,

RR: So glad to hear that things are going well with Miss Kaylee. Did you take any breastfeeding classes? They offer one at the hospital I will be going to and I've been debating whether or not to go.

Lauren: Wow, you did start awhile ago. I want to get the room ready and then I will start buying stuff I think. DH bought a treadmill that is going to be delivered tomorrow. To the basement where I had big plans for the bookshelves to go. Now I'm not sure it's all going to fit. Did I mention that he also got a free skier with the treadmill?? I dunno how it's all going to work down there.

LE: So cool to see you here. I know what you mean about putting the weight back on. I lost 35 pounds and put it all back on like a dunderhead. I was almost halfway to goal and look how stupid. Get back here girl!!

I'm waiting for an appraiser to come. We are trying to refinance our house and we wanted to see what the market value is now so that maybe we can drop the PI. Also, if it appraises like others that are selling in our neighborhood, we could extend the mortgage, pay off my bills and I could stay home with Alex!! I would be so happy. It would only be for a year or so, but that would be so much better to me. I hope we can do it.

Better go now. He'll be here any minute!!
Old 12-27-2002, 04:26 PM   #24  
LBH

RR- That's soo cool...and soo many toys!! Don't feel bad about snuggling with her til she falls asleep, she's soo little you can't spoil her yet! Keep it in the back of your mind though, for a few months from now, so you don't make it a bad habit!! My brother says nothing except, "Don't let him in bed with you, it took 5 yrs. to get Jackie out!!" I am determined to not have him in bed with us all the time, but who knows, he's not here yet, I may not be the perfect mom I think I'll be!!

Karen- It was pure torture for a baby junkie like me to wait that long to buy anything!! I was gonna take a BF class, but I figured I'd wait and see if we have problems, and you usually get to see a lactation consultant (LC) while you're in there anyway. We watched a video in CB class on BFing and it was weird, you really have to tease him to get him to open his mouth wide, and then literally shove him on!! We were like, geez!!

I've had a scratchy throat all day, and I'm starting to wonder if it's the beginning of the annual sinus infection. God, I hope not, because I know my primary will give me crap about giving me Z-, Pak, she'll make me take e-mycin instead, and that won't do anything.

Have a great evening all!
Old 12-27-2002, 05:48 PM   #25  

Lauren & Vicki - NO! There are no little ones in MY future! DH & I decided before we got married that we would not be having any of "our own". As far as I'm concerned, the two I got when I married DH are "mine" (DH's first wife is deceased) and they are 14 & 11 now, so by the time we had another one & that one got 18, DH would have been raising children for 32 years & that's just a really long time! I've never had the "baby urge" so I'm happy with the two I have.

Lauren - You are due soon! I'm going to be using the WW program again, but I'm going to be weighing weekly on my new digital scale with bodyfat measure. I just don't have the time or money to go to WW officially again. I know I can do it on my own, I've just got to get started!

karen - I plan to check in at least once a day if possible. I need to make it a focus of my life again and having you guys for support helps a lot!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm Christmas'd out! Took the kids shopping today to spend their gift certificates that were burning a hole in their pockets! It's a madhouse out there! I think I can manage to stay out of a store for at least a week now!

LE
Old 12-28-2002, 03:32 AM   #26  
Phat Chick

Is how I am feeling (couldn't see a tired smilie - too tired). I am functioning in zombie mode.

Hey all - well I had an unusual Christmas. Took Hubby into casualty on Christmas Day in the evening - 9pm. Waited for 3 hours before we were seen. I had packed a back just in case. At 3am Boxing Day, they decided to admit him. I got home at 5am. Hubby has some form of gastroenteritis - coupled with his diabetes, which means he is extremely dehydrated. Is on a drip and insulin. Has provided some "samples" (I know TMI!) and awaiting results. I nearly shoplifted two grapefruits from M&S yesterday, so it shows that the worry and lack of sleep is telling on me. If I was going to go down for shoplifting, I would head straight for Harvey Nicks and do a "Winona"

Back at the hospital in a bit - need to go and buy some pj's for him - he normally sleeps buck naked He is obviously getting better though, because he is lying on his sick bed telling me he needs a laptop, thinking that he'll win the sympathy vote. He has two PCs and two laptops (one on loan to his sister) at home - why does he think I will let another computer cross the threshold, to join his PS1&2, GameCube, DreamCast, GameBoy Advance.........

I must really him, coz I missed the first day of the sales

Understandbly the eating plan and gym visits ain't happening right now, but I am sure you'll all excuse me at this moment in time.
Old 12-28-2002, 11:04 AM   #27  
LBH

Hi All,

BPB- Sorry to hear hubby is "incarcerated"!! Hope they let him out soon and he's doing better. Really, find something better to lift than grapefruits for God's sake!!

I think I'm getting the yearly sinus infection. Been fighting the scratchy throat, itchy ears, and post nasal drip for a couple days. No sinus pressure yet though. Been sleeping with vicks and a warm mist humidifier every night anyway, but stood over the stove this AM with a towel over my head and a pot of water with vicks in it. It helped a bit. May call the Dr. just in case.

I have a get together to go to today at my Aunt's. It's kind of a meet cousin's new wife/baby shower for their baby. They live in Colorado, and most of us have only met her once, last year this time. In May we found out they were getting married and having a baby in October. (Hey, at least I'm not the "rebel" of the family anymore!!) I wish they could move to NJ, so Petey could have a cousin around his age, also a boy!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 12-28-2002, 12:24 PM   #28  

Good Morning!!! Well, we slept better last night..The trick is to stimulate her to nurse for 20minutes min. Grandmother came over yesterday and showed me how to give a good sponge bath..It was soo funny how Kaylee coo'ed when the warm water was poured on her head!!!DH is already talking about 1 more...I am excited about the possibility but p/o that I met him soo late in my life!!!! I love him more now for this gift!!!!

LE--I never dreamed and neither did DH that he/we would have 3 kids..He said, 3 yrs ago chatting in that chat room, he never dreamed he would be married with a new baby!!!!He is a widower also but the girls are 6 and 11.....Money and gift certificates do burn holes in the pockets!!!!Glad U R back on target..I am not gonna weigh until my 6 week checkup!!!

Lauren--I really honestly thought, when I left the hospital that I would wear the same clothes I had before the pg...I was soo depressed that I was bigger and soo full of fluid I had to wear pj's home!!!Just a warning....It does get better!!!!The BF really shrinks the uterus quicker...it is such great cramping after U R done soo U know it works!!!

Karen--I took a class before..I found it really helped cuz it gave me ideas on holding techniqes etc...The lactation dept is great,, they visited at midnight when I finally got to hold the baby and she was released from Intermediate nursery....They visited several times a day..they call...and I call them with questions!!!-
Do take the class, it is worth it!!!!

BFB--Sorry about the sick DH!!!! Hope he is better..THe stomach virus is bad but coupled with the diabetes, it is double!!!!
Resist the urge Winona!!!! U will always have the funniest thing to say award!!!!!

Hello all!!!! Take care!!!!
RR
Old 12-28-2002, 03:44 PM   #29  

Hi all,

We just finished cleaning the basement waiting for the new treadmill and skier to arrive. They are supposed to be here before 6pm, hopefully they will be or I will have one DISAPPOINTED man on my hands. Especially after I made him help me clean.

RR: Glad to hear that you guys are sleeping better. I'm probably going to take the class. There's one for new and expecting fathers too that I'm going to send DH to. I think he would benefit from it.

Lauren: Have fun at the get together. I also wish that I lived closer to my nephews so that Alex would be close to family. The only close relative he will have is my husbands nephew who is a whole bunch of a spoiled kid. His parents don't believe in telling him no. Thank goodness they live in Boston and we don't see him all that often.

BPB: Sorry that your husband is sick. That must be a total bummer. Stay away from those grapefruit!! If you gotta go to jail make it for something worthwhile!!

Sure hope those guys get here soon. DH is getting antsy!!
Closed Thread