Old 03-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200.9/200.9/120

Height: 5'2

Red face I'm new and this is hard

Hi guys I'm new to this site. In August of 2009 I got put on meds that made me gain about 65 or 70 pounds. Then I got pregnant and gained a little more. Before all this I was soo happy with my weight! Well my son is 4 months old now, and I am starting this weight loss journey over again. Hopefully soon I will be moving to the US (Chicago,IL) I guess that doesnt have much to do with weight loss I have lived there most. I really want to get this started Im eating less drinking water, cutting out carbs, but I have noticed I'm feeling week n shakey. The worst part is my scale won't go down!!! Anyone have any suggestions? I don't know what I am doing wrong! I have a history of an eating disorder, but I need to lose weight the healthy way now.
DreaMai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Hi and welcome! :-) Are you cutting out carbs completely? Atkins diet? If it has only been a few days that you have started doing this than that shakey feeling could just be your body detoxing from not having carbs/sugar. I would recommend visiting the Atkins section on this site for some good tips. I am not doing Atkins, per se. I am low calorie/low carb. I still eat carbs but around 60-80g a day. It's working really great for me so far and I didn't go thru withdrawals because I still eat some.

Hang in there. And if you are still feeling weak and shakey then I'd probably recommend another type of diet. It's hard enough to lose weight as it is but please dont make it any harder on yourself if you don't have to. :-)

Glad you are here!!

Last edited by ShanIAm; 03-02-2011 at 08:25 PM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200.9/200.9/120

Height: 5'2

Thanx for the reply. I'm not exactly doing adkins but your right I think my body is detoxing for carbs n sugar. Also I think I drasticly changed my diet really quickly. Thanks for ur suggestions!
DreaMai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/200/140

Height: 5'1"

It takes courage to start again, so good for you!! Eating up to a certain calorie count is what I am working on now...kind of like weight watchers. I find this helpful, and I am slowly moving down the scale.
I hope to see you on here alot, as I find it very motivational to see what everyone else is doing
elaine19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/197.6/145ish

Height: 5'5"

I would suggest WW momentum plan, it can all be found online..and it works well to teach healthy eating habits. If you are up for going to the meetings try points plus. Atkins is great, but you have to ask yourself if you want this to be your new life style..meat, eggs, cheese, salads, veggies. I like WW cause if I want a half cup of icecream, then I have it and I account for it.

Hang in there its all a process and congrat on the new baby!!
sundancemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #6  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Hi there. Welcome! I wish you success on your journey.

I am a calorie counter who goes lightly on the carbs and heavy on the protein. It's just what works for me. I am sure you can find good information here no matter what your plan.

Congratulations for taking that first step, it's the hardest one but the most important.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote