Old 12-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #1  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm back- ready to get started again- my story.

Hello- it's been a few months since I've been in and the reason why is I had just started the P90X exercise program when I got waylaid by some sort of virus. It was a pretty severe virus that caused extreme fatigue and at one point I even thought I was having a heart attack due to having chest pain, crushing fatigue, difficulty breathing, etc. I was sick for several months.

The good news is that I'm over the virus now. I'm sure of it, as I haven't had a single symptom in a month. The other good news is that my doctor and I have finally found the right dosage of thyroid for me and my thyroid levels are now normal and my energy levels are good and since my thyroid problems were really hindering my weight loss efforts, this is a good thing!

The bad news is- I've gotten SOOOOOO Lazy. I went from working out 4 days a week to maybe 1 day a week, and half-heartedly at that. My diet has gone to crap, and instead of eating healthy baked chicken and veggies, I'm eating out all the time, drinking foo-foo high calorie coffees, and eating processed foods that are higher in calories and lower in nutrition.

I know I'm ready to start exercising again, and eating right. I want to start TODAY! But I sure could use some motivation. Any ideas, stories, etc? I'm ready to be accountable again, but that first step is so hard.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

well the only thing I can say is DON'T LEAVE ONEDERLAND! I did and it's been a struggle to get back ever since GRRR!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #3  

The thing that is helping me is to make excercise fun so that you don't even think about it being excercise. My problem is that I work two jobs, one of which is in a fast food restaraunt and I always end up eating supper there almost every single night. I know I shouldn't but I do it anyway, in fact I always go in telling myself that I will just wait till I get home to eat but I always end up eating out of boredom. Anyway, I got off track. As for making excercise fun, if you have a WII they have several games that get up and moving and you don't even realize your exercising until you wake up the next morning and your abs hurt so bad that it is miserable to even breathe.
Skittles22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #4  
Mama on a Mission

Height: 5'6

I got sick as well for a few weeks and its been a month or so since I have worked out. So I feel exactly in the same boat. Will be going to the gym to work out tonight and so far have the diet in check today. Good luck and remember anytime you have a setback, get right back into it, don't be too hard on yourself and bust your butt so get back to where you were. You can do it!
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #5  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the feedback.

I have been going to the gym since my original post this thread, although I would say maybe only twice a week? Not enough. Part of my motivation is I started getting depressed around the holidays, and my doctor told me to exercise and that would help snap me out of the depression.

Knowing that the gym is going to be busy with folks that made a New Year's resolution to get fit for the next couple weeks, I drug out my P90X workout DVD's last night. I made it 2/3 of the way through Plyo X. I just pooped out though- but I did get 35 minutes done.

My plan for this month is to do mostly videos since the gym scene will likely be crazy busy. In addition to P90X, I also have the "Melt it off with Mitch" workout that uses a weighted ball, and I have a couple of yoga DVD's.

My big challenge is to get back onto a healthy diet. I completely broke all the rules over the holidays and ate high fat foods, drank alcohol, etc. I plan to drink no alcohol for all of January, and to start eating baked chicken and veggies again and limit red meat, pasta, etc.

And, of course, I plan to be on this forum daily for motivation!

Last edited by EagleRiverDee; 01-03-2011 at 03:36 PM.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote