Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 02:15 PM   #31  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello!!The storm downgraded right before it hit..We are just now getting some wind 40-50 mph..THe yard is a mess, the power keeps blinking on and off but tends to stay on...It is mainly just wind and rain now!!!
Thanks for the well wishes!!WE have lucked out again!!!
RR
Old 10-03-2002, 02:19 PM   #32  

hello friends.

Having a pretty good day here - will be SO glad when the plasterer and painter are done. The plasterer will be done today. The painter will be back a couple of days next week. Painting is looking great.

LA - hooray on the jeans!

RR - how's it going there? I heard it was downgraded, hope this is true.

Lauren - oh yes, it is a light brown color and looks super with the taupe brown headboard.

Jul - so sorry about your friend's progress and also the teenager. Hope you get better news on both soon. My prayers are with you & them. ~ good luck on the kitchen redo.

later all!

Rabbit
Old 10-03-2002, 03:38 PM   #33  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. Things are OK around here. I'm probably being put on temporary disability at work because of the no heavy lifting restriction. Sigh. I didn't want to use up my time now, that's for sure. I also don't want to do anything that may hurt the baby. I have to go see the doctor again tomorrow and let him tell me what to do. If he'll write a note saying I'm 100% then my boss will work with me making sure I get high level patients. If he's mean and says nope, you gotta be on the no heavy lifting, then I gotta be off starting from tomorrow until it's lifted. Sometimes I hate being a therapist. I feel guilty 'cause I'm not sick and I'm capable of working, just not lifting heavy people. My boss is cool with that but HR is being a total blankety blank. OK, enough griping. Thanks for letting me vent.

RR: Hope you are doing OK. Glad that you got to stay home with your family. Hopefully you won't loose power for too long.

GG: Wow, I'm impressed. I only speak english with a small(extremely small) smattering of Spanish.

Jul: I'm so sorry about your friends. I hope things work out for the best, whatever that may be. Hope you have a good show.
And good luck with the kitchen.

LA: I think what Lauren said about a scrap piece of wood or a left over floor tile would work great with your scale. Cool on the pants!! Wish I could say that!!

Alright. Going to get a shower and get ready for the dreaded school. Hope you all have a great evening.
Old 10-04-2002, 03:31 AM   #34  

Jul, sorry to hear your friends are not doing well. Pray for them. I also hope you have a good weekend.

RR, I also read Lily is going down and the Bush has announced a compensation scheme for the region. How's everything.

To all, have a good weekend and op time!

Vassiliki
Old 10-04-2002, 09:20 AM   #35  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Karen- Sorry to hear they may put you on disability. Can't they just figure out a way around it, like give you easier patients, or someone to help you lift them? If the doctor puts you on STD, that doesn't count towards the standard 6 wks. What kind of "maternity leave" do you get? I only get the standard 6 wks. at 60 or 66% pay, can't remember which. 8wks. for c-section. So if I want to stop working before I go into labor, that takes away from my 6-8 wks.

RR- So how are things there? Everything still standing in your area? I saw one building on the weather channel this AM that was just 4 brick walls left standing! All they were talking about on the news and radio was about the water moccasins swimming around in the flood water, and warning everyone to stay out of the flood water! Of course the DJ's around here are like, hmm, New Orleans, a great place to visit for MG, or Jazz Fest, but not to live!!

Jul- Your friend and the teenager have been in my prayers...and especially they're families.

GG- I know a couple words, or phases in Italian (I think they're insults actually!) that DH taught me. He doesn't speak Italian, but his Nana taught him. She doesn't speak Italian either, when her parents raised them, they had decided that they came to America and they were Americans and that was that! They actually wanted to fight in the war against Italy!! Anyway, that's all I know besides english. My dad's mom taught us a word in Dutch when we were little, that she told us meant "dirty person". It's probably some curse word, or means scum bag or something. I'll try to sound-spell it: shmeelop?? Like "feel", but with shm instead in the beginning? Sound familiar?!

DH is off today, hopefully he'll get some things accomplished! He was gonna go to my mom's to drop some stuff off and finish the painting, but it's raining out this AM, so he can't bring the stuff over. I suggested that he hang the shelf in the kitchen, so I can get my cookbooks and stuff up, hopefully he'll do that. It's a good rainy day project...for starters. He could also sit and go through his boxes of comic books and make sure they're all in order...but I'm not gonna push and make him mad at me!

Have a great day all!! I'll be here trying to spread my own sunshine, since there's none outside!!
Old 10-04-2002, 11:14 AM   #36  

hello.

All the work yesterday went great. Spraying the ceiling was not as bad as I had feared. Now there are only 2 days left - wed. the bedroom/bath will be done (again! ) and Friday the ceilings will be repainted - because ofcourse the spraying did not match. I am thrilled with the painting.

Saturday night dh and I are going to a grand opening of a Cheesecake Factory that is a benefit for the National Children's Cancer Society. I'm looking forward to it. Must eat sensibly all day so I have points for a little cheesecake.

Karen - sorry about the temporary disability.

Rr - WATER MOCASSIONS! (spelling??) STAY OUT OF THE FLOOD WATERS!

It is rainy here today, they say it will cool off tomorrow. I hope so, I love fall weather.

Rabbit
Old 10-04-2002, 03:37 PM   #37  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello!!!The well wishes worked!!!!No flood waters..just lots of limbs and debris but that is ok!!!

Karen-That boss sounds sort of harsh to me..We get off 12 weeks after the baby comes...If U have the time, U get paid, if not it is taken without pay...I Have 6 months PTO saved soo I will get full salary and $2000/month extra for short term disability...I have no restrictions but I just dont do bed lifts or wheelchair people heavier than me..GOod luck with this dilema!!!

Lauren--I guess ya'll are getting the residual rain!! IT is sunshine and nice here!!!

GG--U are talented!!! I speak nothing but English!!!!

Rabbit--Cheese cake factory??? FOrget the directions after the opening!!!!

Take care all!!!
RR
Old 10-04-2002, 03:53 PM   #38  
LBH

RR- I think every other state besides NJ has better maternity benefits!! And then there's the company you work for too. Mine being extremely stingy!! I can't believe I work for one of the largest pharma/CROs in the country, and all we get is 6 wks!!

Rabbit- Cheesecake...one of my favorite desserts! It has to be the really good NY style, rich and creamy!! BE CAREFUL!!
Old 10-04-2002, 04:58 PM   #39  

RR - glad all is well! ~ Luckily the Cheesecake Factory is not close to me so I won't have to worry about being there much.

Lauren - thanks for the warning! I need it.

Rabbit
Old 10-04-2002, 07:51 PM   #40  

Hi all. Well, I now have the next three weeks off. They are going to decide now whether I have to use sick time or short term disability. I want to save the sick time cause I can have three months off when Peanut gets here, otherwise, I'll just have two 1/2 or so. Oh well, I'll hope for the best.

RR: It's not my boss, she's a jewel. It's the HR department. They are being real hard-nosed about it. I'm glad that you survived the storm OK. I'm also echoing the others, stay out of those snake infested flood waters. Shudder..........that's the stuff of nightmares!!

Lauren: Can you use your accumulated sick/vacation time? That's what I have to do. Unfortunately, they make us use that first so when I go back I will have nada time off if I or the baby get sick. That REALLY sucks.

Rabbit: They are building a Cheesecake Factory not even five minutes from my house :0. I'm going to have to restrict my trips down that road. Unfortunately, Target is down the same road. I have to go to Target, I mean, I gotta buy diapers, and baby wipes and baby clothes.........of course, I could get them all in one trip instead of one at a time....................

OK, gotta go work on my project for school. My class wants to hire DH for a tutor. I told him to go ahead, it would be extra money for baby stuff!! Have a great evening all.
Old 10-05-2002, 11:09 AM   #41  
LBH

Karen- yes, I have to use at least 1/2 my vacation time, before STD kicks in. So I get 6wks. STD, plus at least 1 wk. vacation, 2 if I use it all. I didn't want to use it all, in case I needed it later in the year, but DH has 4 wks., so if the baby's sick, he can take off...even though I'd wanna be home with him. If I was due the second half of the year, I'd have to use all remaining vacation time.
Old 10-05-2002, 09:27 PM   #42  

Hi all!! Wow, it's quiet around here today. Hope everyone is out having lots of fun. DH has been tutoring a classmate and me in Java today. Half of my class wants to hire him because everyone is having such a hard time with the project. He told my classmate that he would be happy to do it. She is already setting up the sessions!! She's going to pay him with piano lessons. He's excited. I think I will do his laundry as a surprise. (I stopped doing his when I started school and his pile is higher than I am tall!!)

Lauren: Wow, that really does suck!! I don't know if DH would be willing to keep Peanut while it's small. He doesn' t know anything about babys.

OK, I gotta go get my nose back to the grindstone!! Have a great Sunday!!
Closed Thread