Old 04-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

Default Been kinda absent

I have been popping on and reading almost every day and posting very little. I am not sure why....depressed, lazy , depressed, busy, depressed. Ok so I think I am leaning more towards depressed.

I have been pretty busy though with lots of little and some bigger things too.

As some of you may remember me mentioning, my mother has breast cancer so now because of that and the fact that I am 39 the doctor of course wants me to start getting mammos which I did a few weeks ago and I got a call back the next day for more testing. After a 2nd mammo and an ultrasound I have the ok to wait 6 months and see if any of the spots change in that time frame.

I became a bit depressed during the Biggest Looser challenge when instead of losing I gained for a bit so I stopped that and hid in the shadows pouting.

Oh! I took a body pump class with my sister in law two weekends ago and was sore for almost a week lol I really enjoyed it so I am going to try and go once a week with her.

Last week we were in Buffalo which is so not my favorite place to be but we own a couple of houses there that we are fixing up to rent out so I busted butt working on those.

I have been watching what I eat with very little extras and lots of physical labor and exercise and I have not lost one pound in weeks....I am losing it so slowly the past few months that I think that is what is depressing me. I just want to break 150 and stay there. I saw 149.5 awhile back but I blinked and I was back at 152/153 I just can't seem to get away from those numbers.

I want to jump in on the monthly chat here but always feel lost in those threads because I seem to miss so many at once and then don't have the time to read through it and catch up.

So anyways, I just wanted to let everyone here know that I am thinking of you and am cheering you all on even if I don't post very much and that I will try and be more active on here with you all!

Last edited by lauralyn; 04-27-2010 at 09:03 AM.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

Laura- Snap out of it and quit the pouting!! We all have gains at some point in our weight loss journeys. ( I know I've had plenty!!!)

If you are on a plateau then sit down and write things down, see what's going on, maybe your eating too much, or too little, getting in enough water? Maybe your working out too much for how much you've been eating. Write all down, make a plan and give it a few weeks.

As far as not posting on the monthly thread, you don't have to go back and read every single thread. It's a bit daunting sometimes. Try posting and hanging out more, you'll get lots of support there, as well as ideas, well wishes and thoughts from other people who in the same boat you are in. I find the more support I have the better I do. You are not in this weight loss war alone, we are all here for the same reason, to lose weight, to get healthy, to feel better.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Laura - I wondered what happened to you, girl!

Honestly, I think you need to switch to maintenance. "The Charts" say that a healthy weight for your height is between 135 and 168, to which you are absolutely perfect at 153lbs.

Are you active? Are you healthy? Why do you want to loose 5-7 more pounds?

These might be good questions to ask yourself. Rather than be depressed, you may be able to celebrate a job well done!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #4  

Squeak-You are right, I really do need to snap out of it, I am trying!

I was keeping track on Livestrong so I think I should go back and do that consistantly for a couple of weeks.

Mp-Yes I am active and healthy...hmmmm why do I want to lose this last bit? I have to be honest and say I just feel there is something to being able to say I weigh under 150....not a very good reason is it?
Also, before having my son I had lost weight before and was around 140lb and I felt good at that weight. I want to feel that feeling again.

Maybe I should just focus on toning up now instead of losing....my mind might take awhile to wrap itself around that one!!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #5  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

Laura, I totally agree with Pixie. You have lost FIFTY FOUR pounds!!! That is incredible!!! They say the last few pounds are tough. You should feel extremely accomplished for how far you have come! The last nagging few pounds will come off, but think about how far you have come. Do you have an old journal of the beginning of your journey? Think back to how you felt and how you feel now. Night and day, I'm sure. I think the amount of posts on the monthly chat board has turned many into lurkers.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: (HW=174)154/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I agree! Congratulations on losing greater than 50 pounds! Just keep eating well, exercising and taking care of you.

Do you journal? I am emerging from a depressed couple of years (woo, grad school!) and keeping a journal helps me to sort out my feelings (that I try to soothe with macaroni and cheese) and acknowledge what's really bothering me and what needs to change in my life.

Again, congratulations on being awesome. Keep it up!
RunnerChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #7  

I seem to forget at times how much I have lost, thank you for reminding me!

I don't journal, I started to a couple of times but I never carried through with it.

I am feeling better after seeing your replies..thank you!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #8  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Lauralyn! Welcome back and it's good to see you posting again.

54 pounds is nothing to shake a stick at. Great job!!!

Since a lot of us put a number on our happiness instead of a feeling, I'd agree with some of the others here; maybe start toning up rather than worrying about the last 6 pounds. It could be that you're working too much and not eating enough or not drinking enough water or it could be your body's way of saying you're working it TOO hard. Whatever you decide to do, we're still here to support you.

Glad to have you back.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote