Old 03-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

Diabetic Z, so sorry to hear about your MVA! I hope that all goes well with sorting out the details, glad to hear that you weren't hurt.

Welcome to all of the new members of our group, so glad that we have more people to help with our motivation/brainstorming/etc. I have gained so many great tips from this site and group! Thanks Rockstars!!

My running is going well.....eating is going pretty well....I will weigh in on Friday for the first time in weeks.....curious to see what has happened there!

Make good choices and move your body.....we are doing great!

R
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:08 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 209/184/130ish - 33 y.o.

Height: 5'2"

hi onanother - and hello to the rest of you as well . my main means of "dieting" is to make it a lifestyle for me. so while i began logging calories, i quickly gave that up - though it did help me to learn how to manage calories throughout the day. i too know what i should and shouldn't eat. my big thing is controling how much i eat - so i've moved on to 2-1.5 cup dishes and this has helped me immensely. it's true, some weeks i go down 3lbs, other weeks i just maintain - BUT i am learning a new way of being and dealing with food. and this is terrific.
i guess this requires a different sort of drive though. i don't have a certain plan of rules that i follow, i'm not weighing in or being accountable to anyone ('cept me)... and that just doesn't work for everyone (hehe, my rule is don't be stupid). i feel better when i fuel my body with better fuel. my biggest continual influence is making it a point to come here every single day and read/interact. good luck to you!
jlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #18  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

So I've got a question. I recently cut out diet soda and switched to ice tea instead... I've started loseing weight again. Could something as simple as that kick my butt off the plateau i've been on?
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

Default Weekend

Hello everyone,

I hope you're having a great weekend. I find it hard to stay on track during the weekend. I cheated a little last night. I ate 4 breakfast bars, and now I feel so bad for doing it. I will try my best to stay on track today. One day at a time.

Have a wonderful weekend!!
PrettyMom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 276.5/273.2/165

Height: 5'5"

I have not posted in what seems like forever. Glad to see some familiar 'faces'. So glad to be back also. It is motivating to see everyone's posts.

I have not been very disciplined in my eating or moving. I am back to my min-goals.

Mini goal for end of this week - workout 3 times this week . Last week I worked out twice. So hopefully I can keep going.

Stay on track everyone!!
AzimuthRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:18 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7

diabetic Z- Oh no, so sorry to hear that. Glad that you are ok though! at least you found a "perk" which is all the walking you are getting.
Prettymom09-I usually dont have a problem with going to sleep. I mean there are days that I do. But I find that after all the stresses of the day with my kids that it help relax me. Then I take a long hot shower and it becomes "me" time to. This might be the reason I sleep so well, or it might just be that I am just completely spent by the time my head hits the pillow. LOL! I do have one child in school and have been able to get up and get with it before I have to wake him up. I feel REALLY good when I do this and I tend to "deal" with my daily stresses a little easier. It is hard no matter when you pick a time. If I only get 5 minutes here or there it adds up over the day. Good luck!

No weight loss this week, but there has been no "real" exercise either. I caught a lovely cold and feel like my lungs are on fire along with my throat and sinuses. Hopefully it will go away soon and I can get back with it. I just think of this as wasted time and it infuriates me to no end!! I know I can't help that it has happened, but man it ticks me off!

Good luck girls! Glad to see the newbies!!
Josiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 316/see tracker/175

Default March Week 2

Diabetic Z, SO sorry to hear about MVA. I am so glad you are ok though.

Josiegirl, no loss for me either but I will take it as I didnt gain anything.

Newbies, welcome! I find if I work out at night, a cup of hot green tea (decaf) helps relax me enough before I go to bed. Also as for the weekend, I think we all tend to feel/think that if we are good all week, we can bend the rules a bit on the weekend.

To counter this, I try to be really active on the weekends. Saturday DB and I went to the driving range for a couple of hours (first time this spring) and then took about a 2 mile walk that afternoon. Sunday we went to the softball fields and played catch, and hit a couple of buckets of balls. Then we took the dog to the park at walked for another hour or so. Also, try to drink a TON of water over the weekends, I am horrible about remembering to do this at home even though I do great at work. Keep us posted and so glad you guys are here!

I'm excited because I bought new running shoes this weekend (gray and pink!) from the running store and tonight DB and I are starting the couch to 5k plan. There is a 5k we want to run in May. I want us to register this week or next week to stay motivated. Wish us luck!
LaughingGirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #23  

Default Tuesday

Thanks for the tips Josiegrl. I managed to lose 2 pounds this week. I was expecting to lose a little more "water weight" on the first week, but I'll take what I can get.

Let's have a great week everyone!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

Hello Everyone!

It's so nice to catch up with everyone and see how you all are doing....it sounds like things are going well for a lot of you! I have really been upping my exercise. I have always worked out at least 5 days/week, but now I am doing that plus several walks each week with our dogs, trying to cram a walk in over my lunch, and taking the stairs throughout the 9 floors of the hospital. Plus, I've pushed up my running a lot, and am feeling AWESOME when I run, a total runner's high. It's one time when I feel light and airy--like I just am sprinting on air--a great feeling.

I have been eating super clean, which has helped me a lot. I read a book on clean eating by Tosca Reno (I think that's the author) and it was very motivating. I don't want to put garbage into my body, and cutting back on junk food, processed foods, sugar, white flour, etc. makes me feel GREAT! I haven't had soda in weeks, no candy in over a month, and I am eating tons of fruits and vegetables with each meal. I am not hungry at all. I make sure to eat protein and good carbs (whole grains, fruits or veggies) with every mini meal I eat. I don't eat anything after supper. It seems to be helping!

Take care, good luck with all of your goals.....
R
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #25  

Default Dr. Oz

I just took the RealAge Test on line. It says I'm 10 years OLDER than my real age. How sad that being overweight is making me old. Yet one more reason to lose weight. I hope I look 10 years younger after I lose the weight.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #26  
♥ Spinning to skinny! ♥

S/C/G: 160/139/120ish

Height: 5'1.5"

Sup peeps?! I'm gonna hang with you guys! I TOTALLY need some daily chit-chatting & motivation ... check in type thing so at least I have someone to 'report' to! lmao

Going to change the batteries in that bloody scale now. I has it's own imagination of what IT wants me to weigh...pfft ... what a POS! lol

SpinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:46 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Height: 5'8"

I'm old and slow... how does one get to be a rock star? I'd like to be one someday
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:12 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 276.5/273.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Running: That sounds like a good philosophy. Much of the time I fight myself trying to stay on track, if I thought of it in a different way (like you said I don't want to put garbage in my body) I think I might not have such a difficult time staying away from the bad things. That is really great that it is working so well for you!

PrettyMom: I bet if I took that test I would be more than 10 years older; it really puts things in perspective. Sounds like you are turning it into a positive for you and using it as a motivator.

SpinQueen: I am weighing daily now. I know if I don't weigh daily I tend to go way off track. A scale that is not accurate or at least constant can be frustrating!!

Silverstar: You already are a rockstar! I come to the forum and specifically this group just to stay motivated and on track. I can usually find inspiration from one of these great folks Welcome aboard!

Can I just say I love laughing cow cheese? I have been eating it with carrots and celery sticks. Just so I can get ideas, what is everyone's favorite on-program snacks - or snacks you use to satisfy certain cravings?

I'm always looking for new ideas. Thanks and hope everyone has a good end of the week. This week seems never-ending at work

Last edited by AzimuthRing; 03-11-2010 at 02:19 AM.
AzimuthRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:57 AM   #29  

Have not posted in awhile. But doing well. I was frustrated yesterday because dh and I overslept and missed our work out. Today we made it, I weighed afterward and Wii fit said I was down 2.2lbs. Yippee! I had been tired of seeing .4.4.4. Even thought it was steady. I was like dang this is going to take forever!!! I guess that is what you get for weighing everyday anyway! Hope you all have a great rest of your week.
losinginillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #30  

Default Wii

LosinginIllinois - How has your experience with the wii fit been? I got the wii for Christmas, but I haven't been brave enough to buy the fit program. Do you like it?

Has anybody else here used it?

Thanks!