Old 01-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247.6/241.0/224

Height: 5.8

Question supplements

Hi everyone... I was just curious if anyone has tried the JILLIAN MICHEALS fat burner and calorie counter supplements? I started taking them this past monday along with cutting my calorie intake and walking 50 minutes a day this week. Next week will be 60 minutes a day.

I normally do not weigh meself until Saturdays but I weighed myself on tuesday and lost 1.4 pounds and today I weighed meself just cuz I was curious and saw that I have lost 3.2 pounds.. Hoorayyy I am excited to see my results on saturday though.

It is working for me so far and was wondering if anyone else has had good success with taking them too?
flyingwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #2  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

...Ummm...I don't want to be a downer, but I think you've lost weight because you've cut your calories and exercised. Great job!!

Maybe I am not the best person to respond to this, but I really, really hate fat burners. Kind of a long OT story, but I had a VERY bad experience with them.

Please reconsider taking them but DEFINITELY keep up the calorie counting and exercise. That is the most healthy way to do this.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #3  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Ya, I've taken stuff in the past and then ended up either needing an echo cardio gram before the dentist would clean my teeth (phen-phen) or worrying after the recall that Hydroxycut destroyed vital organs...

I take vitamins..I've read good stuff about calcium and vitamin D related to weight loss, but mostly I just cut the calories and exericise like a mad woman...

Last edited by AFChick; 01-07-2010 at 12:46 PM.
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #4  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Not a fan of supplements here either. Frankly, I like JM, but was disappointed when she came out the those.

I take a multi-vitamin and fish oil, count calories and exercise. No risks with that!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I stick with a multi, flax seeds and that's it! Although I am thinking of adding some calium supps.

I'm leary of anything like fat burners... something bad always seems to come out of the woodworks after too many people have used them and it's too late! I find it unbelieveable and totally irresponible for people to use their names to peddle stuff that may turn out to hurt you more than help you in the long run.
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/245/175

Height: 5'4"

I wanted to try those but i have to agree with everyine else! Besides losing weight to fast your more likely to gain it back as soon as you quit taking it. I ask my doctor for diet pills and she will not prescribe them she said they are no good for you. Eating right and exercise will pay off for your overall heath and weight loss was her response as she handed me a diet plan for a 1200 cal diet.
Kristea2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 247.6/241.0/224

Height: 5.8

Ok, thanks everyone for your insights. I am still going to take them, I paid for them so I am going to follow through with them. At the time of when I am out of them I will decide whether or not to keep taking them. I know that the cutting of carlories and the exercise are good to help with weight loss but I need a kick start to get it going. I was doing the walking every day but i was gaining the weight. Then I decided to take these. So we will see how things go.

I had a doc who was going to prescribe that one stuff where it blocks the fat intake the stuff like ALLI. But when i heard you should wear dark pants in case of a problem I was like no thanks.

I will keep in mind everything that you have said. Thank you for taking the time to tell me you ideas on the subject.
flyingwasp is offline   Reply With Quote